Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

71jason

Looks like everyone came for New Years.... Lots of Business is good for everyone.

There's always a tendency to wait until the day after Christmas--for whatever reason(s), people like Christmas at home. I'm guessing a lot of people are (1) off Thursday/Friday, or (2) willing to burn two PTO days early on, since the kids are out of school anyway. Why Sunday was so quiet--it's a travel day.

mimitchi33

Attached is what I just took driving by (heading out). This is north of the hard rock hotel, solid all the way to vineland and then some. I've been here a while and never saw it like this (at 1:30 PM no less). All entrances to universal property are like this, even the typically quiet ones.
Holy cow! Now that's really crowded!

From some Famliy at universal now. Wait times are 170 minutes for Transformers, and 200 minutes for Despicable Me.
Despicable Me having a longer wait time than Transformers makes sense to me, as that movie is very popular with kids these days. I often see that and SpongeBob SquarePants watched on drop-down TVs in cars a lot.

Not there but: They better have all the porta potties along with the restroom trailers lined up like in years past. They certainly will have all of the extra bars open for putting the liquids in to you.
I never heard of the extra bars before. I've been doing the New Year's topics for 2 years now and never have heard any mention of them.

[quotwere757, post: 5856682, member: 76051"]Longer than stand by lines?
They were over Thanksgiving.
That's crazy! How long was the wait estimated to be?
25akr2r.jpg

wdwmagic
Studios looks to be getting even busier - RnR 200mins, TStory 140, ToT 130, Star Tours 75, GMR 50, Muppets 30
12/30/13, 2:20 PM
Rock N Roller Coaster has the same wait as before, but now it's a 2 hour and 20 minute wait to ride Toy Story? Woah.

JimboJones123

Despicable Me is the longest wait at Universal Studios almost all times now. it is crazy popular and rarely under 30 minutes after the first hour of park opening.

Then again, Jimmy and Elroy had the use issue too to a lesser extent. The ride has Spaceship Earth syndrome being the first thing seen headed into the park.

mimitchi33

Stand by for Safari was walk on.
Fastpass when we went on was almost 20 minutes.
That's insane. I wonder why the Fastpass for that was longer today...
Despicable Me is the longest wait at Universal Studios almost all times now. it is crazy popular and rarely under 30 minutes after the first hour of park opening.

Then again, Jimmy and Elroy had the use issue too to a lesser extent. The ride has Spaceship Earth syndrome being the first thing seen headed into the park.
Not only does it have Spaceship Earth syndrome, the movie itself is also really popular. The first movie won the 2011 Kids Choice Awards (beating out Toy Story 3!), both movies grossed over $500 million dollars, a lot of kids watch the movie on their cars' TVs, and everyone has Minion stuff-heck, half the kids in my town on Halloween were minions!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The biggest issue with Minion Mayhem is its now a ride, its a show. Add to that a popular IP and location and the un themed switchbacks needs all the flat screens it can hold.

Jakester

Update 7:00p, I have received word from a nice fello here at Magic Kingdom that it is currently at phased 2 capacity. Anybody willing to confirm?

grimb168

I have been here every Christmas/ New Years for the past 13 years. This year is strange. Parks are full as in the past but there also are many people around the hotels at pools and just walking around. Monorails were packed at 530pm going to magic

Tom Morrow

I've been here for many holidays now and this is the busiest I have ever seen Orlando. All parks are maxing out, even Sea World, the roads are packed or completely jammed all over all day. Traffic just to get INTO WDW property on the Osceola Parkway was at a standstill, and I have never seen that before. This is honestly awful.

mimitchi33

Im working a turkey leg cart tomorrow 10:00p-10:30p and have intentions of viewing the 11:40p IllumiNations
Good luck, Jakester! Tell us all how it went afterward. We'd all like to know.

I've been here for many holidays now and this is the busiest I have ever seen Orlando. All parks are maxing out, even Sea World, the roads are packed or completely jammed all over all day. Traffic just to get INTO WDW property on the Osceola Parkway was at a standstill, and I have never seen that before. This is honestly awful.
Oh my god, how long have you been in the traffic for?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

I concur. It's much more congested than it normally is this time of year.

I leave work at 10:30ish. On a normal night it takes me 7 minutes to get from work to my house, using Western Way, mostly. On a weekend or during the summer it's about 15. Last holiday season it took about 20-30. Last night (I didn't work tonight) it was 45 minutes. I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom