Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

PhilharMagician

Figures and closings seem..... weird... this year. Closed lot but no phases at the MK? Either someone made a huge mistake or the park should have gone to phasing more often. Unless they didn't want to stop people entering for whatever reason. Add to that reports of well below expected attendance figures swinging to nightmare crowding reports and something doesn't quite add up.

What does not make sense to me is the fact that people are reporting that the TTC lot is in fact not full and the South Eastern most area where the trams are parked is not even being used. This is not a huge percentage of the available parking, but why are they not using it?

This holiday season does have the sound that many people are staying off property this holiday season with the reports of Disney Deluxe resort not being @ capacity and parking lots filling before the parks.

luv

What does not make sense to me is the fact that people are reporting that the TTC lot is in fact not full and the South Eastern most area where the trams are parked is not even being used. This is not a huge percentage of the available parking, but why are they not using it?

This holiday season does have the sound that many people are staying off property this holiday season with the reports of Disney Deluxe resort not being @ capacity and parking lots filling before the parks.
The lot wasn't full on Christmas, either. It took an hour to get into the lot, but once we got in, I saw lots of spaces. I don't know if the were SE spaces or what, but I was I surprised.

They purposely moved people through the toll booths very slowly and turned away many people...most of the cars were being funneled to the exit after going through the booths.

There must be a method to their madness. I'm sure there is.

PhilharMagician

The lot wasn't full on Christmas, either. It took an hour to get into the lot, but once we got in, I saw lots of spaces. I don't know if the were SE spaces or what, but I was I surprised.

They purposely moved people through the toll booths very slowly and turned away many people...most of the cars were being funneled to the exit after going through the booths.

There must be a method to their madness. I'm sure there is.

You said it! Madness

luv

You said it! Madness
Lol! I meant it, though. I'm sure there is a good reason for handling it the way they did. They must know what they're doing, since they do it every year.

This was the first time I was ever here for Christmas, so I can't compare anything to anything. It really was busy, though. The line for water by Space Mountain...

image.jpg

mimitchi33

Some impressive wait times at both. RnR at 200mins, Safaris at 130.
ejg0sl.jpg

FYI I4 and all city streets surrounding UO still experiencing MAJOR backups because of guest inflows into UO.

And IOA admitted its first guests at around 6:30am :D
I can imagine that this traffic jam would look worse than the picture shown to us earlier.

You said it! Madness
32712070.jpg

Anyway, I wonder what tommorow will be like.

The line for water by Space Mountain...

View attachment 41824
Maybe it's very hot down there today? Anyway, a queue for water is more ridiculous than one for the bathroom or even a ride!

Also, since I'm curious like every year, I have a few questions for people who are already there:
1. Are the World Showplace restrooms there?
2. How crazy are the lines for things that aren't rides or meet and greets?
3. What have you done so far today?

PhilharMagician

Also, I have a few questions for people who are already there:
1. Are the World Showplace restrooms there?
2. How crazy are the lines for things that aren't rides or meet and greets?
3. What have you done so far today?

Not there but: They better have all the porta potties along with the restroom trailers lined up like in years past. They certainly will have all of the extra bars open for putting the liquids in to you.

Mike C

FYI I4 and all city streets surrounding UO still experiencing MAJOR backups because of guest inflows into UO.

And IOA admitted its first guests at around 6:30am :D

Attached is what I just took driving by (heading out). This is north of the hard rock hotel, solid all the way to vineland and then some. I've been here a while and never saw it like this (at 1:30 PM no less). All entrances to universal property are like this, even the typically quiet ones.

Attachments

• unibackups.jpg
    unibackups.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 119

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know this is a Disney forum, but has there been any word on any Universal capacity closures?
Right now its madness. Lines to enter the parking garages are back into Kirkman coming from that direction. All Uni property roads are solid. Both garages are frequently full to capacity with guests, displacing team member overflow elsewhere.

Basic math... The garages are 10,500 cars each right? Say 3 people on average per car. That's 63,000 people. Top of my head IOA holds about 40,000 and the studios high 40's to low 50's max. So say 80,000 total. Factor in hotel guests and people going to CityWalk and it would seem that if the garages are both full then the parks would be close too.

pheneix

Right now its madness. Lines to enter the parking garages are back into Kirkman coming from that direction. All Uni property roads are solid. Both garages are frequently full to capacity with guests, displacing team member overflow elsewhere.

Basic math... The garages are 10,500 cars each right? Say 3 people on average per car. That's 63,000 people. Top of my head IOA holds about 40,000 and the studios high 40's to low 50's max. So say 80,000 total. Factor in hotel guests and people going to CityWalk and it would seem that if the garages are both full then the parks would be close too.

Both UO parks cap it at +/- 50k in each park (thanks for the extra capacity Transformers!). They are indeed very close to calling it too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom