Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

asianway

Ok, here's a question for ya...Has the MK ever STAYED at a phase closing all the way till the park closed? Seems like the phase closings happen late morning/early afternoon and then drop after afternoon parade. None in your history seemed to stay at phase closing all thru the evening.
No the parade dump usually relieves it- this is why parade steps off early on extremely busy days

Sped2424

Magic kingdom is the best and worst park to go to during these extremely heavy periods. Worst because it is going to be the most crowded, but the best because 1. there is a lot of rides that even during these insane capacity levels aren't that long (Monsters laugh floor, Stitch, People mover, haunted mansion etc) 2. Because after the fireworks happen around 10 most of the folks call it a day and the park don't really close till like 1 or 2 in the morning meaning all the wait times virtually go down substantially.

DVC4bestvacations

Does this closure stuff happen every year, or are they particularly crowded this year? PS - Merry Christmas everyone!

We have been at the BWV since Sunday. The hotel does not seem to be at capacity by any means. At the Mk yesterday most of the incoming guests came from the parking lot. Leading me to believe that most of them were staying off sight or Locals.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I would like to see Epcot and its parking lot close due to capacity. Would i want to be there? Heck no! you would probably not be able to get around world showcase. maybe then imagination will have a 40 min wait....

luv

image.jpg

This is traffic that was stopped dead. Inching along or just not moving. Took about an hour to get through the toll plaza. Most of the people inching along were turned away. There were signs up as you entered the property and throughout the world saying "Magic Kingdom Closed", but everyone was trying, anyway. :)

It's not the best picture...I'm not Dave...but you get an idea.

It was crazy!

Interestingly enough, the parking lot wasn't full.

fillerup

We have been at the BWV since Sunday. The hotel does not seem to be at capacity by any means. At the Mk yesterday most of the incoming guests came from the parking lot. Leading me to believe that most of them were staying off sight or Locals.

I bolded the above because I find the comment interesting and it comports with what I've seen.

We paid our annual Christmas afternoon visit to the Epcot resorts yesterday. None of the three Disney hotels had out any of their A-frame signs saying that parking was for resort guests only.

The YC self parking was at best 1/3 full. I'd say BC was at around 50% with BCVs at 1/3 or so. BW was definitely no more than 50%. I'd guess that the crowd at Storm-a-long Bay was fewer than 150 or so guests.

On top of that, we overheard a Boardwalk CM tell another day guest that they had "plenty" of rooms available. These resorts should have been sellouts months ago but certainly by day of.

And the parking situation at these hotels was pretty consistent with what I've been seeing for all of 2013. Makes me wonder if possibly the price tipping point has finally been reached with some healthy segment of the public.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Has there ever been a time where more than one park was closed due to attendance at the same time?

Any chance it could happen this year?

Jimmy Thick- <---Laughing at inlaws...

According to this site both MK and DHS closed on 12/29 although it doesn't say if it was at the same time. It doesn't show any closings for Epcot, but I though Epcot has closed on New Years Eve in the past.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2011/1...losures-looking-back-and-guessing-the-future/

erstwo

Honey Boo Boo & family are in MK tonight. Just received a texted picture from a friend. I bet those personal tour guides are worth every penny on days like today& yesterday

Clamman73

View attachment 41650

This is traffic that was stopped dead. Inching along or just not moving. Took about an hour to get through the toll plaza. Most of the people inching along were turned away. There were signs up as you entered the property and throughout the world saying "Magic Kingdom Closed", but everyone was trying, anyway. :)

It's not the best picture...I'm not Dave...but you get an idea.

It was crazy!

Interestingly enough, the parking lot wasn't full.

And I think it's going to be crowded when there's a few cars ahead of me at the toll booths...:eek:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Honey Boo Boo & family are in MK tonight. Just received a texted picture from a friend. I bet those personal tour guides are worth every penny on days like today& yesterday

If Mama June is as cheap as she was the last time they visited, they don't have a VIP tour guide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom