Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

asianway

Can some one please explan thsse phases for me? I am an annual pass holder but will be spending two nights at the Contemporary, arrive the 30, stay for 31, and leave the first. Our room is club level of the resort with Mk view. I was ggoing to try and see the 9 pm wishes in the park, but I guess it will be too busy! Can I hear tthe music from the 12 floor atrium room?also are the midnight fireworks wishes, or are they different?
Dude, do not go in the park. You have the best view right from your room especially for the special midnight fireworks which have perimeters, a mirror of the main show on the 7 seas lagoon island, and multiple launch points around the lagoon. They only do this 4 days a year. The audio should be on one of the tv channels. Come back next week and thank me

DVC4bestvacations

We arrived at MK this morning at 800. Rode JC, PotC, & IASW by 930. We had Reservations at the Crystal Palace at 10 for breakfast. By the time we finished eating the park seemed unmanageable as we expected. There was still a steady flow of guests entering the park.

My daughter and I went to the MK Tuesday Christmas eve arriving at 10pm and had the best time. Short lines and great atmosphere.

grimb168

Did you use FP+?
Yes we did just to figure this out. We are coming down next month bringing down 200 of our members of our high school band. Great band director thing. It is 6:00 did everything in the front of Epcot including sitting in every car and playing games and now eating a snack in china

WDW1974

Perhaps if they added actual attractions and capacity to the parks instead of removing it and playing a crowd shell game with a $2 billion data mining and trip planning app, then there would never be the ridiculous overcrowding and phased closings to begin with.

But I am far, far, far, far away from the O-Town madness and I am not even supposed to be here right now, but we all know the Spirit likes to give as much as receive.

Be well, y'all.

JimboJones123

Can anyone really enjoy these critical mass times or get much done? With 120 min wait for TSM, is it any wonder park hours are extended. The little secret is that you probably have more fun and get more done during non-peak periods with shorter park hours. (Related: going to MK the same day as a party when regular hours close at 7)
It will get over 200 this week.

maxairmike

Has MK capacity gotten to the point where it exceeds the capacity of the parking lot? Was that case prior to Fantasyland's Expansion?

Like I said yesterday, they didn't even open the back right section of the parking lot when that happened, opting instead to park the trams there as normal. That was around 200 spaces they could have used. It is also possible that a lot of cars only had 1 or 2 people in them, making for very inefficient use of the parking lot. I don't think the NFE added nearly that much capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom