Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
8/10th full equals 4/5th full ;)
2Jtqm.jpg

PhotoDave219

No closures yet, huh? I was just on Undercover Tourist looking at wait times and see Little Mermaid is 85 minutes!!! O.M.G.

Is that for real? Some of the other times seem quite normal (105 for PP, 115 for BTMRR and so on). I know we've talked about how it's such a different dynamic for the ride as a whole between Orlando and Anaheim (where wait times are single digits) but I just can't imagine waiting that long for this ride.

Anybody there today? Would love to see a picture of the board with current times.

85+ was what it was running last year and spring break this year.

CDavid

Overfilled parking lot but no phase close means MK is drawing WAY more vehicle traffic than they predicted. I'd dare to say they may be over projection on total day guests but they absolutely are over projection on the number of drive in guests not using Disney transit.

That's interesting.

So, more guests staying off-site, or more WDW guests with rental cars choosing to drive? Either way, it probably means more people with plans for off-site activities. Indeed, that's interesting.

DVC4bestvacations

We were at AK today. The park was the most crowded I've seen it. But for the record I rarely go to that park. Been in the world since Sunday crowds have been light until today. DTD was a zoo.

JimboJones123

Studios are not bad at all tonight. The extra entertainment options really help spread out the crowds at this park better than any other.

Shame that extra entertainment at Epcot and MK usually means adding more dance parties to fill up walkways and unnecessary noise pollution.

MissM

It is very busy here in mk. Walkways filled with people and strollers. Sidewalks have been full of parade campers since before we got here around 7:00. Just lots and lots of people. No real walkway restrictioms yet like they did nye last year though.

freediverdude

Just a thought, I'm wondering if maybe the fantasyland expansion increased the park capacity just enough that they don't really have to close the park anymore on most peak days?

asianway

Just a thought, I'm wondering if maybe the fantasyland expansion increased the park capacity just enough that they don't really have to close the park anymore on most peak days?
It helps...mermaid and it's queue can hold a lot of people,BOG, the new pathways...someone here came up with a good analysis of how many more people MK could soak in

MissM

It is officialky a nightnare nightmare here right now. We have been on 4th of July and nye and it wasn't this bad. There is literally zero crowd control and everything is a complete clusterf@#k. Pushing shoving angry chaos. We are waiting in new fantsyland for fireworks and will try again to leave. Its beyond absurd though and one hell of a bah humbug! !! : (

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It is officialky a nightnare nightmare here right now. We have been on 4th of July and nye and it wasn't this bad. There is literally zero crowd control and everything is a complete clusterf@#k. Pushing shoving angry chaos. We are waiting in new fantsyland for fireworks and will try again to leave. Its beyond absurd though and one hell of a bah humbug! !! : (
Thanks for the updates and keep us posted. Merry Xmas!

JimboJones123

Expect 10% more tomorrow.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Well darn, that doesn't sound like fun at all.

wogwog

MK did raise the number in attendance with the added pavement in the Fantasyland expansion before doing phase closing. Christmas Day will be the test. I seem to remember a number like a 15% increase.

yeti

I know it's very crowded this week, but have others noticed a significant increase in wait times at Tower of Terror? Is this due to it being the highest demand attraction in Tier 2?

That ride's almost never been operating all drop shafts for the past several trips I've taken. It'd be surprising and stupid, to say the least, if this is the case now, but its worth mentioning.

MissM

Just got home. We exited around 10:50pm (trying to get out before the 11pm parade) to MORE chaos in the form of express monorail line literally filling the entire entrance plaza. The sign had an optimistic "30 minute" estimate but it was beyond packed. Same with the ferry which the line wasn't even a line, just a swarm. We walked over to the Contemporary where I got a few photos of the Castle from the patio area on the 4th floor and then picked up the resort monorail back to the Transportation & Ticket Center. The trams were completely overwhelmed as well so we walked it. (Along with a ton of other people. The walkway was packed. I don't think I've ever seen so many people walking.)

Overall, it was a mess. Having been on phased closing days before many times, I did not expect so much pure chaos tonight. 4th of July? NYE? Cakewalks compared to tonight. Epcot was fine, no problems there but of course, it eats so many people easily. MK however was a disaster. I just do not understand why they did not have the crowd control measures they normally enact for packed days completely missing. Perhaps someone thought no phased closing = no need for crowd control? I don't know. But it was epic fail at MK tonight. :hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom