Changes at DTD

The Mom

Premium Member
This is an interesting theory, to say the least.

If I can re-word it a bit, you seem to be saying that Disney closed two well-performing venues because fans of less well-performing venues (who would by definition number fewer than fans of the other two) would have been angry otherwise.

Essentially, Disney angered a larger portion of their customer base to avoid outrage from a smaller portion.

I'll admit that I don't follow the logic. :shrug:

Don't even try. Have a margarita with the rest of the adults. ;)

PixarfortheWin

This is an interesting theory, to say the least.

If I can re-word it a bit, you seem to be saying that Disney closed two well-performing venues because fans of less well-performing venues (who would by definition number fewer than fans of the other two) would have been angry otherwise.

Essentially, Disney angered a larger portion of their customer base to avoid outrage from a smaller portion.

I'll admit that I don't follow the logic. :shrug:

Just because two clubs are in the black that does not mean that PI itself is in the black...so why close down clubs and ________ people off and still remain in the red when you take into account the wasted space....they closed PI down at the wrong time hoping that people would come in and use the space...the recession hit...this is getting sad...

I am surprised that you are not blaming TDO because Virgin Megastore went under.....

GLaDOS

Were all Virgin Megastores in the red? No, then why did Virgin close ALL Virgin Megastores in the country....logic...you should learn it.

Logic.jpg

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ginger beer - I haven't seen that in ages. And in a margarita? Do share your recipe. I'm afraid my husband is the bartender around here, and even I don't know his secrets. But his margarita is great. And potent. (but of course)

Are these common in Scotland? If so, we'll have to try one next May.

Sadly cocktails do not feature prominently is Scottish bars.

I like to use Midori in mine with Cointreau and Jose Mix. Though we did use Mountain Dew power drink for a laugh.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I find that the amount of ice can influence flavour almost as much as the choice of tequila.

Im making sure I've packed my colours and chib so when I pop out for a hello cheeky at City Walk that Im properly tooled up to pan the melt in of anyone who fails to appreciate my extensive knowledge of all things factual.

Banging.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Using logic for you folks is worthless because you dont understand it....i mean this post is obvious you dont understand logic, PI is vastly different than Epcot to think otherwise is just sad.....
If you call closing down 2 profitable venues and replacing them with vacant buildings that still cost money to maintain logical then you are correct. I do not understand you special kind of logic.

PeteNY

just got back

I just got back from a great 8 day stay, had a few problems, I'll get into that later, or not.
I was dining at Kuossina, unfortunately I had to return my steak, it wasn't even cooked! let alone med. they sent someone over to the table to smooth things over, she was very nice, we got into talking about Disney, she said she has been working with them for several years, and she is growing tired with the way things are going. We were a little surprised because she was sent over schmooze us. She's been there since spoodles, and she was telling us they are closing down! in under a year, not surprising she told me a lot of complaints and negative reviews are the main reasons, hence; she is being laid off, after all these years. They are going to redo the place and open under a new name, not sure if cat is coming back.
She also told us that this was the second time she was at a place that closed but last time they moved her to Spoodles. She worked over at PI.
So I asked her what's up and is there anything to look forward to, she told us that Disney wants to clear it out. but nothing is in near future.
She went into stories about pick pockets and fist fighting, police activity etc.. the locals seemed to ruin it, and a big reason Disney closed it was due to negative guest relations, lots of complaints and Disney wanted no part of it. I don't know if this was true or not.

googilycub

How do you know I wasn't there? That's quite the assumption on your part that would seem to indicate that you are not considering this rationally and logically. I'm not wrong, and you can't really prove otherwise unless you've got documentation. I don't have any, but I can at least provide anecdotal evidence. I was there at least once every week, sometimes more, and usually on different days of the week. NEVER saw any kind of gang element. Doesn't mean they didn't show up every once in a long while, but it wasn't enough to deem the place unsafe.

Gang activity was there enough to concern Disney into doing something about it.

http://www.wftv.com/news/21476999/detail.html

"Two years ago, Disney launched a crack-down on loitering in Downtown Disney because of concerns about gang activity"

I am not trying to defend what looks like a troll on this thread, however every one else seems to discounting the whole gang thing. I saw some acts in 2005 that went beyond the drunk idiots stage. It got to the point that I grabbed my wife and left, not wanting her to be around it at all. I know quite a few people with stories not that far off from mine. Was it gangs? Who knows. However it was something that I am sure Disney did not want to be known for.

PixarfortheWin

If you call closing down 2 profitable venues and replacing them with vacant buildings that still cost money to maintain logical then you are correct. I do not understand you special kind of logic.

So keep two clubs that are barely profitable, outrage a big group of your guests, and lose money in the long run...yeah that sure is logicall

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom