Changes at DTD

PixarfortheWin

Wow that's a good point, you'd think with all the TDO despisal around here someone would of pointed that out before now.

I tip my hat to you sir.

To blame TDO because Guests did not go to clubs is a little short sighted. I always laugh when guest complain about PI being closed yet they did not go when it was open.....

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm sure I'm not the only guest who ONLY went to AC and CW. I had no interest in the other clubs. This was true in the days the island was gated, and after it was opened.

Those two clubs were not empty on the nights I went, but that is only one guest's experience.

Hey Pumba, would you care to join me in a mojito? I think this thread could use some adult refreshment. ;)

PixarfortheWin

I'm sure I'm not the only guest who ONLY went to AC and CW. I had no interest in the other clubs. This was true in the days the island was gated, and after it was opened.

Those two clubs were not empty on the nights I went, but that is only one guest's experience.

Those two were the only ones in the black...but the thing though is that it those two while fun are more for older people...it would cause an uproar for the 20 somethings to see Motions and Mannaquins closed while those two stay open

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Those two were the only ones in the black...but the thing though is that it those two while fun are more for older people...it would cause an uproar for the 20 somethings to see Motions and Mannaquins closed while those two stay open

Would be a fairly muted roar given you factually stated that no one used the clubs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So Disney closed AC and CW because they were worried about an uproar from twenty somethings that weren't spending money at PI anyway?:shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Wee margarita? We have big margaritas at least once a week, so the fixings are at hand. Maybe I'll whip up some nachos, or salsa, to go along with it.

I'v invited him for libations at any number of SEC tailgating events. We could start his day with Bloody Marys or Red Eyes and end it with Margaritas or Mojitos.....

That much drinking though, especially if it's a night game....:eek:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Wee margarita? We have big margaritas at least once a week, so the fixings are at hand. Maybe I'll whip up some nachos, or salsa, to go along with it.

I have a big one too, but thats because they packed odd sized glasses when I bought them in the Mexico pavilion. Ill make you one of our specials made with this as a mix...

crabbies.jpg

Subtly dangerous

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nope, they closed them all because as a whole it was failing....
Oh I get it.

Quick question...Why did they not just tear down all of Epcot when Horizons and World of Motion were failing? As a whole Epcot was not doing all that well. If we follow PI logic they should have just boarded up the park and waited for third parties to come in and lease space. Or were the worried about 20 somethings causing an uproar again?

The Mom

Premium Member
I have a big one too, but thats because they packed odd sized glasses when I bought them in the Mexico pavilion. Ill make you one of our specials made with this as a mix...

crabbies.jpg

Subtly dangerous

Ginger beer - I haven't seen that in ages. And in a margarita? Do share your recipe. I'm afraid my husband is the bartender around here, and even I don't know his secrets. But his margarita is great. And potent. (but of course)

Are these common in Scotland? If so, we'll have to try one next May.

Wilt Dasney

This is an interesting theory, to say the least.

If I can re-word it a bit, you seem to be saying that Disney closed two well-performing venues because fans of less well-performing venues (who would by definition number fewer than fans of the other two) would have been angry otherwise.

Essentially, Disney angered a larger portion of their customer base to avoid outrage from a smaller portion.

I'll admit that I don't follow the logic. :shrug:

PixarfortheWin

Oh I get it.

Quick question...Why did they not just tear down all of Epcot when Horizons and World of Motion were failing? As a whole Epcot was not doing all that well. If we follow PI logic they should have just boarded up the park and waited for third parties to come in and lease space. Or were the worried about 20 somethings causing an uproar again?

Using logic for you folks is worthless because you dont understand it....i mean this post is obvious you dont understand logic, PI is vastly different than Epcot to think otherwise is just sad.....

Wilt Dasney

Oh I get it.

If the PI logic we're being presented with is consistently applied, it would definitely lead to some odd choices. For example:

When Disney took out Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, they should have ripped out every other Fantasyland dark ride and then refused to build Winnie-the-Pooh to replace any of it...all to avoid angering fans of Mr. Toad by allowing them to see other people having fun on other rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom