Changes at DTD

Duckberg

One bright light within changes of Downtown Disney! Last night while walking through DTD Marketplace I noticed the tables outside Disney Pin Traders are gone! There was a display of planters with flowers in them in its place but the flea market feeling of traders with their suitcases and binders filled with pins seem to be done! Let's hope its permanent and that the tables disappear in Epcot as well.

GOOD! DTD needs to upgrade its image, this is a positive move! Duckberg :D

EPCOT Explorer

I disagree that this is good. Pin Traders is called that name so that people can trade pins. The tables facilitated that exchange. Many are going to miss those tables if they really permanently removed them!

Disney loves to use planters to cover "nothingness". They have them covering up the entrance to Comedy Warehouse, they have them blocking access to Motion and now they have them at Pin Traders? Incredible.

Anything to get rid of those nasty, obnoxious, greedy pin sharks. :hurl:

jt04

Time to update and bump this thread.

McDonalds and the Lego store are leaving this spring according to Save PI blog.

Do not doubt me. :D

Figment1986

Is the LEGO store still open at DtD out in Disneyland?

yea, it makes no sense to close lego store, unless lego is pulling out due to end of contract... but Lego land and the Lego store are different companies as a whole, with lego owning an interest in the amusement park.

mgf

The windows aren

126238-Lasseter_LEGO_Bust_341.jpg

Doesn't sound like Legoland ticked Disney off too much. I really doubt the DTD location will close. The money is too good. Plus, most tourists do not have a dedicated Lego store to shop at back home, so it works as a unique draw to DTD.

jt04

Just an update to document the changes in the thread of record.

Ridemakerz has opened in the former VR store with amazing graphics and displays worthy of the great venue it occupies. It's especially impressive considering this is a temporary location. Makes you wonder what Disney has in mind for a more permanent use of the facility. Encouraging.

Work continues near and on the former PI. More 'ground clutter' has been removed such as the ticket booth near the Fulton's bridge and signage on the island itself. Impressive construction walls have been installed between the soon to close McD's and Fultons as work has begun on the pedestrian walks in that area. Speculation is that this is the begining of the rumored promenade to the rumored lighthouse/eatery. Work also has commenced on the other side of the island.

Removals also continue at full pace as it has been noted that the downstairs 8Trax facility is now completely gutted.

We should be seeing the new restaurant that is to replace McD's by summer as it stands now. Still nothing official, rumored or otherwise concening the Lego store. The vinylmation store has opened on the west side and is drawing crowds along with LMM.

Thanks for tuning in. :)

Mouse Detective

JRemovals also continue at full pace as it has been noted that the downstairs 8Trax facility is now completely gutted.

The Save PI blog mentioned last week that the downstairs bar in 8TRAX was removed. Since the bar was really the only thing "downstairs" in 8TRAX, I guess you could technically call that gutted. But it's really just 1 thing removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom