Changes at DTD

WelshBatman

I've gotta say, I don't believe Legoland will be much of an attraction all by itself. They can hope to draw on locals and some people who go to Disney but the fact is, there's nothing else in Winter Haven. They don't even have the Cleveland Indians (Spring Training) anymore. Nor are there any real accomodations. It's not the big threat people seem to think it is. Considering it's about 45 minutes away from Disney, I don't think it will make quite the impact that people think it will. However, on the subject of Downtown, I wonder what will happen with the Lego store. Will it stay and work to advertise Legoland on Disney property, or will it close. Probably the former, but who knows.

Potter is the main threat, but there have been so many rumors coming out recently about additions to the parks (DHS in particular) that Disney may have an ace in the hole that they're waiting to play after Harry Potter opens.

trr1

I've gotta say, I don't believe Legoland will be much of an attraction all by itself. They can hope to draw on locals and some people who go to Disney but the fact is, there's nothing else in Winter Haven. They don't even have the Cleveland Indians (Spring Training) anymore. Nor are there any real accomodations. It's not the big threat people seem to think it is. Considering it's about 45 minutes away from Disney, I don't think it will make quite the impact that people think it will. However, on the subject of Downtown, I wonder what will happen with the Lego store. Will it stay and work to advertise Legoland on Disney property, or will it close. Probably the former, but who knows.

Potter is the main threat, but there have been so many rumors coming out recently about additions to the parks (DHS in particular) that Disney may have an ace in the hole that they're waiting to play after Harry Potter opens.
A new Park?

Mouse Detective

Please excuse any typos, typing from a really small keyboard. Not everything new will be 3rd party. The retheming concept sounds cool too. A much better fit. Relaxing. And changes to AMC as well. Will be more like the new theater in Downtown Orlando. There may be changes to the parking flow as well, for the better. Regarding A.C. and the comments above, entertainment, admissions and F&B are in three different buckets, so it's hard to say straight forward "it ran in the black" or "it ran in the red". But IF you're considering them to be all one bucket, it would be in the red. I personally will miss it, but unfortunately it was not a huge revenue driver. I don't want to get into a big argument about it. I loved it, but it's gone and for the right reasons. Now keep something in mind w/these changes. Try to forget that we'll miss P.I. as it was in it's prime. How many people on these boards complain (including myself) about long wait times at restaurants, having to make reservations 90/180 days out, no walk up availability, ect... more restaurants will certainly alleviate that. The good news is that the current plans have some fun and innovative concepts, as well as some big names in the restaurant business overseeing them. These are true dining experiences that the Disney Parks are known for. And that excites me. Keep an open mind, and when everything opens, see what you think. I can guaruntee you that if it ends up being a big mistake and doesn't draw more people, the new concept will hold the same fate as P.I. However, I honestly believe it's going to be successful. That's all I've got.

I wish ImaYoyo would give us an update on his predictions last July! Another 6 months of nothing has passed. I want my Hot Dog Hall of Fame now!

sittle

Ummm, that might be because the new DTD "revamping" has not happened yet....

The revamp so far outlined theorized...

... The actual answer is that Disney will use new additions at DTD to grab locals who might otherwise head off to Legoland. And to provide another option for out-of-state visitors.

Expect things like a push to upgrade and sell Disney Quest, more shopping options to draw kids (Muppets, Marvel stores?) and smaller attractions like the balloon ride...

Jt.... The bold new vision, so far sucks on wheels...

Bold New Vision! There it is!
:hurl:

I agree Epcot Explorer... Which sounds like a better night out to you JT... An evening at AC or CW or a tethered balloon ride...? Seriously this PI "bold new vision" is just brutal.... I get the need to have family stuff, and I'm all for that idea, but as families get older, why not give them some options for more adult entertainment?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
big PI sign was back on last night. It turns out it was an oversight by a crew doing work on the emergency systems in 8-trax. Apparently they didn't even notice it being out until my friend and I reported it.

EPCOT Explorer

The revamp so far outlined theorized...

Jt.... The bold new vision, so far sucks on wheels...

I agree Epcot Explorer... Which sounds like a better night out to you JT... An evening at AC or CW or a tethered balloon ride...? Seriously this PI "bold new vision" is jus ? t brutal.... I get the need to have family stuff, and I'm all for that idea, but as families get older, why not give them some options for more adult entertainment
Exactly. If you aim for kids, you are dead. :D Where did I hear that, now? :lol:

big PI sign was back on last night. It turns out it was an oversight by a crew doing work on the emergency systems in 8-trax. Apparently they didn't even notice it being out until my friend and I reported it.

:(

SoccerMickey

One bright light within changes of Downtown Disney! Last night while walking through DTD Marketplace I noticed the tables outside Disney Pin Traders are gone! There was a display of planters with flowers in them in its place but the flea market feeling of traders with their suitcases and binders filled with pins seem to be done! Let's hope its permanent and that the tables disappear in Epcot as well.

jt04

One bright light within changes of Downtown Disney! Last night while walking through DTD Marketplace I noticed the tables outside Disney Pin Traders are gone! There was a display of planters with flowers in them in its place but the flea market feeling of traders with their suitcases and binders filled with pins seem to be done! Let's hope its permanent and that the tables disappear in Epcot as well.

It still appears to me they are slowly and deliberately removing the ground clutter around DTD. Everyone is expecting the NextGen announcement soon. I'm expecting a DTD announcement soon.

EPCOT Explorer

It still appears to me they are slowly and deliberately removing the ground clutter around DTD. Everyone is expecting the NextGen announcement soon. I'm expecting a DTD announcement soon.

Bout time for it. :lol:

Maybe in Feb with the USA Pass and the NextGen? Or the Shareholders Meet?

Mouse Detective

I disagree that this is good. Pin Traders is called that name so that people can trade pins. The tables facilitated that exchange. Many are going to miss those tables if they really permanently removed them!

Disney loves to use planters to cover "nothingness". They have them covering up the entrance to Comedy Warehouse, they have them blocking access to Motion and now they have them at Pin Traders? Incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom