Changes at DTD

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
the idea that this thing is coming I take with full certainty. But where they are putting it is the question. It could be in the works after the destruction of the waterfront buildings, or it could go into 8-trax or I suppose even mannequins.

edit: for the record, 8-trax is currently being used for storage by Paradiso. So I guess there's no "bold new vision" for 8-trax anytime soon, unless storage is bold and new of course.

CaptainMichael

OK, according to the latest eyewitness testimony, the interiors of Soundstage and AC are now completely stripped to the walls. Work continues on the exterior of the former Mannequins, mainly at night. So as the new year dawns it seems everything is in place for the major transformation to begin. Wow, I guess everyday will be new years this year at DTD.

:sohappy::wave::cool::sohappy::wave::D:sohappy::king::):sohappy::D

Your eyewitness needs an eye exam. I was outside of the Adventurers Club on New Years Eve. The flags are still waving in the air conditioning and the are still things on the walls (although most is gone.) I'm not saying that it's not going away (likely sooner than later) because I have a bar stool in my garage as proof, but to say completely stripped is a fallacy...like most of your reports.

Standing out there, I couldn't help but wonder what guests must think as they walk by something like the AC which is all lit up on the inside, has a very eye-catching facade, still has thematic torch lighting, and is still pictured on the guidemaps.

EPCOT Explorer

Your eyewitness needs an eye exam. I was outside of the Adventurers Club on New Years Eve. The flags are still waving in the air conditioning and the are still things on the walls (although most is gone.) I'm not saying that it's not going away (likely sooner than later) because I have a bar stool in my garage as proof, but to say completely stripped is a fallacy...like most of your reports.

Standing out there, I couldn't help but wonder what guests must think as they walk by something like the AC which is all lit up on the inside, has a very eye-catching facade, still has thematic torch lighting, and is still pictured on the guidemaps.
Hopefully the letters come up, why isn't it open, and the general need to complain to GR arises.

Makes me sad every time I see it, and I never saw the inside of the place...Live. :D ;)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I just wish they would do something big. It is so stupid the way they are slowly stripping down the clubs like this. They have taken months and months to do what could have been done in less then half a day.

They need to stop sitting on their hands and make something happen over there.

CaptainMichael

I just wish they would do something big. It is so stupid the way they are slowly stripping down the clubs like this. They have taken months and months to do what could have been done in less then half a day.

They need to stop sitting on their hands and make something happen over there.

I understand your point, but the Adventurers Club and even Comedy Warehouse had lots of items that needed to be properly inventoried and then either sent to archives or Hong Kong/other. I'd say the AdvClub needed a solid month.

jt04

OK, just to keep everyone updated and document the changes for posterity, the pizza cart between the AC and the soundstage has been removed as more of the ground clutter disappears and the area is prepped for the rumored makeover. It appears Disney's goal is to keep the island as presentable as possible while still allowing work to proceed. Kind of like WDW's version of DLR's DCA upgrade. :)

SoccerMickey

Went over to Cast Connection/Property Control today. There were two props from the walls of Comedy Warehouse on sale. They were the large picture of 50's Mouseketeer Cheryl and the large stand up of the AA of Dwight D. Eisenhower from the Hall of Presidents. Both had a price tag of $50 each. Not sure if these are must have collectibles for anyone's home but just wanted to report that they were there.

CaptainMichael

Went over to Cast Connection/Property Control today. There were two props from the walls of Comedy Warehouse on sale. They were the large picture of 50's Mouseketeer Cheryl and the large stand up of the AA of Dwight D. Eisenhower from the Hall of Presidents. Both had a price tag of $50 each. Not sure if these are must have collectibles for anyone's home but just wanted to report that they were there.

They were both there a few weeks ago. I guess the right person hasn't found them yet!

SirGoofy

Are you saying you have seen the plan :veryconfu

Rent the land out to third party vendors. And if the empty buildings that have been there for almost a year and a half tell me anything, is not going well.

Step 1: Close clubs

Step 2:??????

Step 3: Profit

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Pumbas hears voices inside my head?

Obviously he needs to lay off the pixie dust for awhile, umm, Master Yoda :lookaroun

:eek:
facepalm.jpg

IWant2GoNow

Rent the land out to third party vendors. And if the empty buildings that have been there for almost a year and a half tell me anything, is not going well.

Step 1: Close clubs

Step 2:??????

Step 3: Profit

We're in trouble if the underpants gnomes are taking over PI. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom