Changes at DTD

trr1

Maybe the bold new vision is still at the optometrist?
deserted island (no lights, no phones ,no motorcars not a single...):ROFLOL:
gilligans-island.jpg

DisneyDefenders

Where is Mannequins?

Does anyone know what happened to all of the stuff that was inside of Mannequins? The spinning dance floor, lights, sound system, the mannequins themselves, etc?

Mouse Detective

According to the Save Pleasure Island website, the dance floor is either still in the club or was sold to a nightclub in Boston, depending on which rumor you believe.

The sound and lighting systems were pulled. Only rumor I read about said that the stuff made was sent to EPCOT and to American Idol at Disney Hollywood Studios.

Most of the mannequins are still hanging around in there.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A light show and a sound system are made up of many individual components. Each one capable of doing a job independent of the equipment it was grouped with at Mannequins. (mostly)

As such, it was parceled out to different places within the world.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
According to the Save Pleasure Island website, the dance floor is either still in the club or was sold to a nightclub in Boston, depending on which rumor you believe.

The sound and lighting systems were pulled. Only rumor I read about said that the stuff made was sent to EPCOT and to American Idol at Disney Hollywood Studios.

Most of the mannequins are still hanging around in there.

I spoke with someone who was designing AI and they informed me all the lighting was in place and in testing before PI closed, thus the info about the lights going to AI is false. The EPCOT information I know is true though.

A lot of the sound system was sold off at property control. The mannequins are still in there except the female that came down from the ceiling during hte light show. She is in my friends garage :p

I'm 99% sure that the 6 huge mirrors I saw on the stage in Motion the other week were out of Mannequins.

Inside CW, they have apparently painted the upper wall by the bathrooms and the stairs have been pulled away from the stage and their is wood on the floor. Possible stage demolition? Not sure.

The stairs at Mannequins are still there...for now.

jt04

Thanks for keeping this thread going. And I'm not being sarcastic. I just think this thread will have a lot of substance as the new DTD evolves. Hopefully those are "deconstruction" walls preparing for bold and new.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for keeping this thread going. And I'm not being sarcastic. I just think this thread will have a lot of substance as the new DTD evolves. Hopefully those are "deconstruction" walls preparing for bold and new.
at this point I wish they would just bulldoze it all and be DONE with it. This slow process is killing me and every other PI fan.

If only there was hope for another area of nightlife to be built on property.

jt04

at this point I wish they would just bulldoze it all and be DONE with it. This slow process is killing me and every other PI fan.

If only there was hope for another area of nightlife to be built on property.

I agree 100% and I wouldn't be suprised if Disney did build a PI-esque experience on property. Not as a seperate ticket but as a more CityWalk type experience that is a rather isolated stand alone group of attractions.

Someone had written that PI has some serious infrastructure issues that won't be easy or inexpensive to deal with. I think that has a lot to do with the pace of work. The economy is also a major issue. But I have confidence that Disney will get it right this time.

jt04

Per Screamscape and "savePI" the demo of PI is gaining steam. That makes it official. So if you have fond memories of the Beach Club :rolleyes: etc, you may want to get over there and get your pictures and paint chips to remember it by.

A bold new vision commences.

EPCOT Explorer

Per Screamscape and "savePI" the demo of PI is gaining steam. That makes it official. So if you have fond memories of the Beach Club :rolleyes: etc, you may want to get over there and get your pictures and paint chips to remember it by.

A bold new vision commences.
Yeah, scremascape is paramount in accurate news.:lookaroun

Believe it when I see it....from a reputable source.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom