Changes at DTD

Lee

Adventurer
But have you wondered why CW and Uni are not rushing to add a comedy club or AC-esque type entertainment? I wonder? :veryconfu
Nope. I don't wonder at all.
City Walk is all about third party venues. A club like AC is much lower profit margin than a normal bar, so third party operators don't do them.
Only a company that values "show" over higher profits like Disney (These days? Hah!) or Uni would go the themed-club route.

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Well considering the AC and CW were two of the more successful clubs, I'm going to guess it's because Uni can't do AC like Disney, and the fact that Disney would probably sue them for something Disney is only going to do in Hong Kong.:rolleyes:

EDIT: And I have NO idea how you can call renting the place out bold.

Actually comedy warehouse was the least succesfull of the remaining clubs. Only the Jazz Company made less money than it.

Lee

Adventurer
Really? I'm sorry then. I thought Lee had said the opposite.

My mistake.:wave:
No, sir. I don't think I did.:shrug:
The only financial data of that sort I recall being given was when I was told that the AC was making a nice profit.
I'm not aware of any club running in the red, but some definately made more than others.

SirGoofy

No, sir. I don't think I did.:shrug:
The only financial data of that sort I was given was when I was told that the AC was making a nice profit.
I'm not aware of any club running in the red, but some definately made more than others.

Yea, apparently my brain made that one up.:lol:

CDavid

As for "renting the place out", well I'm waiting to see what the plan is for the former PI area. Because it is starting to resemble the TL skyway station just before the bulldozers moved in. Something is in the works.

Considering how many years the Skyway Station sat there before something was finally done with it (just now), that thought doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

Disney's half-baked plan for Downtown Disney really seems to have been nothing more elaborate that renting space out to 3rd-party tenants just like any other strip mall shopping center. That included Pleasure Island - why go to the expense of tearing down or renovating the (costly to convert for other purposes) clubs when you can let the tenant do it for you?

Of course it (predictably) didn't work. Even if Disney could have found some willing renters, the resulting experience would barely have met the (lowered) expectations of most WDW visitors - let alone actually exceeded anyones expectations like Disney was once known for.

jt04

Considering how many years the Skyway Station sat there before something was finally done with it (just now), that thought doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

Disney's half-baked plan for Downtown Disney really seems to have been nothing more elaborate that renting space out to 3rd-party tenants just like any other strip mall shopping center. That included Pleasure Island - why go to the expense of tearing down or renovating the (costly to convert for other purposes) clubs when you can let the tenant do it for you?

Of course it (predictably) didn't work. Even if Disney could have found some willing renters, the resulting experience would barely have met the (lowered) expectations of most WDW visitors - let alone actually exceeded anyones expectations like Disney was once known for.

Stay tuned. The products inspired by team Iger/Lasseter are only now just beginning to roll out. See DCA/UP/Pixar Place/HoP/Haunted Mansion/Castle Lights/PatF/Rapunzel/Toy Story 1 in 3D/Toy Story 2 in 3D/Toy Story 3 in 3D/Marvel/TTA LEDs and of course G-Force.

:lookaroun

SirGoofy

Stay tuned. The products inspired by team Iger/Lasseter are only now just beginning to roll out. See DCA/UP/Pixar Place/HoP/Haunted Mansion/Castle Lights/PatF/Rapunzel/Toy Story 1 in 3D/Toy Story 2 in 3D/Toy Story 3 in 3D/Marvel/TTA LEDs and of course G-Force.

Seriously...TTA LEDs? G-Force? Re released movies in 3-D? :rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

Covering all your bases, huh?:ROFLOL::lol:

Ah, jt...You never disappoint!

EPCOT Explorer

Agenda? Pfft. :ROFLOL:

I'm happy to keep my bills paid. That as far as my agendas go.

No, no, nothing serious like that!:rolleyes::lol:

I'm just talking general reason for posting. Mine: Learn more about the History of Disney, and be a voice for a BETTER Disney.

Yours?:lookaroun I'll let you fill that in.:lol:

jt04

No, no, nothing serious like that!:rolleyes::lol:

I'm just talking general reason for posting. Mine: Learn more about the History of Disney, and be a voice for a BETTER Disney.

Yours?:lookaroun I'll let you fill that in.:lol:

Good point. Why do I post here? :veryconfu

I......don't.........know! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom