Changes at DTD

71jason

Never went in the Harley store, but isn't Starbillias a little small to open a store devoted to motorcycles in? Admittedly they had a lot of stuff crammed in there, but the Harley place near me is huge.....

Not a full motorcycle dealership, just clothing and such, with a couple bikes as photo props. That said, Starbillas does feel a bit smaller, but could be an illusion...or possibly Harley gets the Planet Hollywood overflow store next door?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Yes harley had to move out of the building that now houses Paradiso 37, but if the mouse says move, they have no choice.

uklad79

Yes harley had to move out of the building that now houses Paradiso 37, but if the mouse says move, they have no choice.

Well I would imagine they have a contract and the only reason they move is Disney pays for store fit out, offers a better or bigger location with no change in rent or terms of the contract to the detriment of the store.

71jason

Walking by last night, Starbillas "feels" bigger from the outside than the inside--it might technically be the same size as the existing HD store. And it still would be a corner location, one with better foot traffic (especially if Motion is torn down to make a straight path through DTD, which I heard again last night).

Also, more confirmation last night--Congaloosh will be the last event at the Adventurers Club, with the artifacts packed up and shipped to Hong Kong in October.

CaptainMichael

Also, more confirmation last night--Congaloosh will be the last event at the Adventurers Club, with the artifacts packed up and shipped to Hong Kong in October.

Hmmm...someone on here said they were going to an event at the AC after Congaloosh. Not doubting you, it's just weird. Perhaps we're the last one with entertainment? I'm glad I have a ticket!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Hmmm...someone on here said they were going to an event at the AC after Congaloosh. Not doubting you, it's just weird. Perhaps we're the last one with entertainment? I'm glad I have a ticket!
the club is only available to rent until the last day in september, so I am inclined to agree the last event at AC will be the congaloosh

71jason

If you find a date, let me know, would love to try to crash... :animwink:

But I've heard from two solid sources now that the stuff ships in October...with no reservations being taken past end of September, I wonder if your friend got their lines crossed.

Mr.EPCOT

You know, I don't think I could go back to Downtown Disney once they start demolishing the Adventurers Club and it's gone, it will just be too difficult for me emotionally.

SirGoofy

I hear many college aged and older have had many a happy moment in Vista Way.... :lookaroun :lol:

No comment.:lookaroun

You know, I don't think I could go back to Downtown Disney once they start demolishing the Adventurers Club and it's gone, it will just be too difficult for me emotionally.

Agreed. If anything I'll stop by Earl of Sandwich, but other than that DTD will be dead to me.

scpergj

Johnson's is just off I95 on Gulfair. Not the best area of town but it is so worth it. Beach Road Chicken is on Atlantic Blvd (Atlantic was called beach Road in the 30's) near the foot of the Heart Bridge which is about a mile east of where I95 crosses Atlantic.

I agree - really good BBQ...really, really, really, really (get the idea) bad part of town!

I used to work just up Golfair at 33rd and Spring Grove (on the other side of 95). I escaped from two attempted carjackings, and some of our guys saw bodies from the roof of the plant a couple of times and called the cops.

Have you ever tried Black Jacks? I've heard they're pretty darn good too!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
and yet we still have no idea what is happening to mannequins/8-trax. Demolished? re themed and turned into something else? outsourced and reopened? It drives me crazy! I guess when I see more mannequins at property control, I will know more.

71jason

More news...

Again hearing Motion to be demolished, possibly as early as next month. RnR Beach Club will also come down, as well the now superfluous DJ booth atop Fuego (although Fuego itself should remain intact).

Beach Club to be replaced with a "lighthouse" holding a bar and a quick-service burger joint in its base--unclear if Disney-run or 3rd party. The bulk of the space will be lakeside outdoor seating. BTW, received confirmation of the months-old rumor that Mickey D's is on the way out of DTD; would make little sense to have two similar QSRs within a couple hundred yards of each other (as would be the case with the new walkway).

Sorry Zulemara, no word on Mannequins/8-Traxx.

jt04

More news...

Again hearing Motion to be demolished, possibly as early as next month. RnR Beach Club will also come down, as well the now superfluous DJ booth atop Fuego (although Fuego itself should remain intact).

Beach Club to be replaced with a "lighthouse" holding a bar and a quick-service burger joint in its base--unclear if Disney-run or 3rd party. The bulk of the space will be lakeside outdoor seating. BTW, received confirmation of the months-old rumor that Mickey D's is on the way out of DTD; would make little sense to have two similar QSRs within a couple hundred yards of each other (as would be the case with the new walkway).

Yes, nothing really bold about a Mickey D's. I love the lighthouse idea. Can't wait to see the dozers move in.

CaptainMichael

Beach Club to be replaced with a "lighthouse" holding a bar and a quick-service burger joint in its base--unclear if Disney-run or 3rd party.

A family friendly bar?

Thanks for the update '71...even if there isn't any good news. Looking forward to hangin out with ya in 40 days!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
More news...

Thanks for the update, however awful it may be. Please continue to keep Mannequins/8-trax in the back of your mind if you hear anything. It just ticks me off to no end that the two best dance clubs are the ones that got stripped first and we have yet to hear anything about them.

71jason

someone posted on kingbob's savepleasureisland blog that 8-trax/mannequins building is staying...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7900984237451420547&postID=6994927970586146096&page=1

"Actually, Mannequins /8trax building will be staying. The lighthouse actualy goes behind the Motion building, Motion and RRBC come down around May 2010.. As well as Ad Club and BET."

Interesting. I got the impression they were pretty gung-ho to get a move on this...and it seems odd to wait until the start of the next busy Summer season to undertake what sounds like a pretty massive effort. But i've heard nothing "official" on the date, so I defer to the blog poster.

I'm not sure "behind" Motion is different from what I heard...I assume it would still be on the waterfront (it is a lighthouse), so in the general vicinity where the path will curve there.

Sad to see Ad Club go, but a blind man could have seen this coming once they announced the artifacts were leaving. You just can't use those buildings for anything else, they are too uniquely designed. This will leave a pretty steep drop-off by the side of the walkway, tho; remember you entered both of those clubs on the second floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom