Changes at DTD

EPCOT Explorer

Here is an idea...Mouse feel free to use it.

All of has one of those one of a kind, mom and pop, hole in the wall restaurants in there town that is simply incredible at what they do. Here in J-ville we have Johnsosn's BBQ on the north side. You order from Ms. Johnson, Mr. Johnson gets your order ready and it is the best BBQ on the planet. We also have a place called Beach Road Chicken. It been around since the 30's, it is an old house, and the chicken and sides are smack your Grand ma down good. The thing is we all have places like this around where we live. Disney would be wise to send out a couple of people (I volunteer my services for this research trip :D) around the country to find several places like this and cut the owners a check for the recipes, name, etc and recreate the restaurant in DTD down to the finish on the floors and the furniture in the dining room. They could even give out the information for the original restaurant (big win win) Done right they will have a huge winner.

Johnson's

Beach Road Chicken

5915685.JPG

:slurp: Sounds fine by me. Unique, too.:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:slurp: Sounds fine by me. Unique, too.:lol:
Exactly. Most of these mom and pop places have very simple kitchen setups, simple menus and it brings a bunch of unique restaurants that people might never get to try otherwise into one place. Disney also get of easy as they do not need to come up with a new theme or menu. All they have to do is just have to copy what is already there and it still looks unique to boot.

EPCOT Explorer

Exactly. Most of these mom and pop places have very simple kitchen setups, simple menus and it brings a bunch of unique restaurants that people might never get to try otherwise into one place. Disney also get of easy as they do not need to come up with a new theme or menu. All they have to do is just have to copy what is already there and it still looks unique to boot.

Where is this in Jax? I've passed through the city a few times...

(Love that abandoned school house you can see from I95...:lol:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Where is this in Jax? I've passed through the city a few times...

(Love that abandoned school house you can see from I95...:lol:)
Johnson's is just off I95 on Gulfair. Not the best area of town but it is so worth it. Beach Road Chicken is on Atlantic Blvd (Atlantic was called beach Road in the 30's) near the foot of the Heart Bridge which is about a mile east of where I95 crosses Atlantic.

EPCOT Explorer

Johnson's is just off I95 on Gulfair. Not the best area of town but it is so worth it. Beach Road Chicken is on Atlantic Blvd (Atlantic was called beach Road in the 30's) near the foot of the Heart Bridge which is about a mile east of where I95 crosses Atlantic.

And off to Google Earth I go!:D:king: Few of those names sound familiar...

vonpluto

^ :lol:

Merriweather's Market? Was it a shop or restaurant? :shrug:

Although I never saw it (it was only open for a year or so), I'm fairly sure it was just that, a market with grub to go, souvenirs etc. It was the original venue at the PI Jazz Club location.:)

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
rumor is Harley will move to starabillas location. Now they just have to get rid of curl and they are free to destroy mannequins/8-trax

dreamfinder

rumor is Harley will move to starabillas location. Now they just have to get rid of curl and they are free to destroy mannequins/8-trax

Never went in the Harley store, but isn't Starbillias a little small to open a store devoted to motorcycles in? Admittedly they had a lot of stuff crammed in there, but the Harley place near me is huge.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom