Changes at DTD

jt04

During our lunch, our waiter brought up the status of PI. He advised us that there was a meeting today (8/22), and he learned that 3 clubs would very likely be returning as early as October: Mannequins, 8 Trax, and AC. In all candor, he said that he doesn't count on anything until it's confirmed 100%, but he said that this was definitely more than speculation or rumor.

Please don't shoot the messenger. I too have read posts from people who heard something at a PI "meeting," which I've taken with huge suspicion. However, this is exciting news to hear today, and I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything more about this?

No. Oh and to your last question, that is a no too.

And meetings on Saturday morning? :veryconfu No.

IlikeDW

picture.php

Taken Jul 18th, will it be there on my next visit? :(

picture.php

Things still look in good shape

vonpluto

And meetings on Saturday morning? :veryconfu No.

Yeah, that's in the Constitution.
Article 626, subpart 5, section GH, paragraph 5, on the back, in invisible ink.
You'll need lemons, oh, and heat!
"American Business shall not conduct meetings on Saturday"
:brick:

IlikeDW

I partly disagree. CityWalk certainly benefits from lots of local traffic and convention traffic ... but plenty of the guests who walk through it on their way to UNI and IOA end their days at the restaurants, shops and clubs of CW.

Others leave and come back.

I would agree with that, in Jul I went to Universal with my daughter while my wife was at a conference, it CW peaked my curiosity enough that we brought my wife back that evening for dinner, some shopping and then listened to a pretty good live band.

Well, there was no such thing as foot traffic as you paid to get into the entire complex ... so either it was busy or it wasn't.

DD was often packed last month when I was there, but most of the traffic was either in the old marketplace area or at AMC ... PI was a ghosttown was much of Westside.

It's like any other dying mall in the country ... the more places that close, the more depressing the vibe gets, the fewer people walk through, which leads to more places closing etc ...

The one new place -- Paradiso 37 -- didn't seem to ever have more than a handful of people in it.

Can't completely agree with this, the next night we went to DTD had dinner at Raglan and then walked around. Paradiso was packed and there was a ton of foot traffic, of course there was not much else to do except pass thru. Interesting to do the two areas back to back nights. Must say that we had a slightly better time at CW but I'm not sure if thats because it was our first time there compared to 5 or 6 vists to DTD.

picture.php

picture.php

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Today my wife and I ate at Paradiso 37, which is becoming one of our favorites at the World. Service there has been A+ so far, great menu and atmosphere, and today was no exception.

During our lunch, our waiter brought up the status of PI. He advised us that there was a meeting today (8/22), and he learned that 3 clubs would very likely be returning as early as October: Mannequins, 8 Trax, and AC. In all candor, he said that he doesn't count on anything until it's confirmed 100%, but he said that this was definitely more than speculation or rumor.

Please don't shoot the messenger. I too have read posts from people who heard something at a PI "meeting," which I've taken with huge suspicion. However, this is exciting news to hear today, and I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything more about this?
that goes in line with what a manager told a friend of mine(a reliable friend)

That's an aggressive timetable, but certainly not impossible. Mannequins and 8-trax are stripped of their equipment, but could be rebuilt fairly quickly, especially 8-trax. As far as keeping their themes, they could simply pawn it off as a "refurb' or something to increase business. They could do 1 or 2 things to each place and call it a refurb quite easily.

Of course there is also the possibility of a 3rd party rebuilding and running the clubs. I don't care as much about 8-trax, but I certainly hope mannequins at least keeps its music. They can retheme, change the name, or whatever, but please keep the techno!!

As for AC, I don't personally care much about it. I'd rather see CW back, but I'll certainly support and share in the joy all you AC fans would have.

CaptainMichael

As for AC, I don't personally care much about it. I'd rather see CW back, but I'll certainly support and share in the joy all you AC fans would have.

IMO, it's the one thing in PI that holds it all together and makes the island "Disney". Sure it's not everyone's cup of tea (just like I'd feel painfully out of place in Mannequins or 8Trax) but it offers a fun night out for those of us who don't like the flashing lights or enjoy dancing and just want some laid back entertainment.

If Motion, Mannequins, and AC opened I would be very happy, but I don't see it happening anymore. The HKDL announcement really took the wind out of my sails. I hope that 8 Trax and Mannequins open for those who care though :)

32 days till I go into AC again!:sohappy::cry::king:

overdrive

IMO, it's the one thing in PI that holds it all together and makes the island "Disney". Sure it's not everyone's cup of tea (just like I'd feel painfully out of place in Mannequins or 8Trax) but it offers a fun night out for those of us who don't like the flashing lights or enjoy dancing and just want some laid back entertainment.

If Motion, Mannequins, and AC opened I would be very happy, but I don't see it happening anymore. The HKDL announcement really took the wind out of my sails. I hope that 8 Trax and Mannequins open for those who care though :)

32 days till I go into AC again!:sohappy::cry::king:

Yes the big event is coming fast and what would happen to attendance if disney announced they were reopening AC shortly after. It would probably cause a drop in attendance at the event, so they are probably keeping it on the down low. ;) Just sayin......:animwink:

CaptainMichael

Yes the big event is coming fast and what would happen to attendance if disney announced they were reopening AC shortly after. It would probably cause a drop in attendance at the event, so they are probably keeping it on the down low. ;) Just sayin......:animwink:

I doubt Disney cares, they get paid regardless. Even if the AC were reopening, it's still a unique opportunity to have the club exclusive to a small group and have dinner in the club. I'm also looking forward to the extra events happening on Saturday night (historian and castmembers discussing AC at a dinner.)

71jason

Have a little more hard news on the changes to DTD...the first thing to be demolished will be the old DJ booth, which will be turned into an upstairs patio for Fuego (the first good news for PI in years, Fuego is one place that "gets it right"). That should happen this Fall. The Beach Club and Motion will follow--didn't hear a date, but the May 2010 I saw posted makes more sense now.

Wish I could get behind the AC reopening rumor, but it's a variation on a rumor that's been around since last October, and it contradicts multiple reliable reports that the artifacts are being removed in October to be shipped to Hong Kong.

jt04

Have a little more hard news on the changes to DTD...the first thing to be demolished will be the old DJ booth, which will be turned into an upstairs patio for Fuego (the first good news for PI in years, Fuego is one place that "gets it right"). That should happen this Fall. The Beach Club and Motion will follow--didn't hear a date, but the May 2010 I saw posted makes more sense now.

Wish I could get behind the AC reopening rumor, but it's a variation on a rumor that's been around since last October, and it contradicts multiple reliable reports that the artifacts are being removed in October to be shipped to Hong Kong.

Ah. Nice touch. I can't wait for the Fuego concept art. It's starting to unfold. :)

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes

what on earth is taking them so long? Can't they do more than one thing at once?? This is such a disaster. Good job Disney, A+ on the planning

edit: and what about the mannequins/8-trax rumor?

jt04

what on earth is taking them so long? Can't they do more than one thing at once?? This is such a disaster. Good job Disney, A+ on the planning

edit: and what about the mannequins/8-trax rumor?

They had to give the PI fans a chance to say goodbye to their island. The mouse has a big heart.

:wave:

71jason

and what about the mannequins/8-trax rumor?

No one has mentioned anything about it--which seems odd, if it was happening. I asked one source point-blank, he said no way, the clubs are not coming back. But I've heard nothing about what will become of the buildings.

I have to admit, the inclusion of the AC in the rumor from the Paradisio manager makes me skeptical of the whole thing. Every indication from multiple sources is that the AC is leaving forever after September.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I bet you will change your mind someday. Unless you are an AC fan that is.
no, and I wasn't much of an AC fan. Went in twice and though I thought it was ok, I preferred CW, 8-trax, and mannequins.

I will never EVER patronize anything they build to replace the clubs. I will protest it until the day I die and encourage others to do the same. I will not recommend DTD to guests and I will wear my "save pleasure island" tshirts until they are so worn you can't see the design anymore.

The only things I will give money to are AMC, earl of sandwich, and WOD.

jt04

no, and I wasn't much of an AC fan. Went in twice and though I thought it was ok, I preferred CW, 8-trax, and mannequins.

I will never EVER patronize anything they build to replace the clubs. I will protest it until the day I die and encourage others to do the same. I will not recommend DTD to guests and I will wear my "save pleasure island" tshirts until they are so worn you can't see the design anymore.

The only things I will give money to are AMC, earl of sandwich, and WOD.

....and Ghirardellis, but that is it.........

......and maybe Wolfgangs but that is all I need....

.....oh and maybe that balloon ride thing but thats all....

.....and the lego store and that HoB place but nothing more.....

.....oh and maybe the Gloria Estefan restaurant and Planet Hollywood but that is it..... and......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom