Celebrate Today napkins now out in the parks (photo)

pintraderpayee

:lol:

I just LOVE being there..and do not notice the "bad" stuff..:D..in my eyes it is perfect..and that is how it always has been to me and probably will always be.

Ditto for me! I wax nostalgic if I find a WDW napkin in the glove box or in the bottom of a book bag that I took on my last trip.

Less than 3 months until we are ºoºrlando bound with 30 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy:

Since1976

*sigh* I really hate seeing "DisneyParks" on in-park stuff like napkins. It all just reinforces the false notion that Disney is a franchise of identical theme parks.

Phonedave

OMG some of you need to get a grip...these are just napkins. Who cares what they look like? They won't be looking too pretty after you use them anyway, so who cares! :animwink:

I will say that I am far from a WDW Nay-sayer. There have been numerous times that I have told people they are being picky, and that business decisions have to be taken into account when deciding what to do in the parks.

However ...

Those napkins are ugly. It really looks like somone slapped it together with some cheap clip art. It would not cost much (if any) more to have taken the time to create a nice well thought out design, and it would have cost the same to print. Are they going to ruin my day, not at all, but they sure as heck are not going to make it any better.

-dave

danpam1024

The napkins are just a small part of an ever growing problem. Little by little, the details that made Disney great are slipping away, and each time they are accepted because it's just napkins, it's just a refillable mug, it's just a burnt out lightbulb, it's just a torch lighting ceremony that a few people witness, it's just an evil nightclub (alcohol is the devil), etc.

Compared to the HCoE and YoMD napkins these are awful and just reek of Disney's laziness and cheapness. Why have two separate napkin designs when you can just have one and mass order them for both U.S. resorts. There's a problem when originality and individuality and quality is sacraficed for the bottomline. It's your right to accept it, and it's mine to hold the company I love to a higher standard...the kind of standards it used to hold itself to and surpass. This really isn't just about napkins.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was upset when they got rid of the International Delight coffee creamers many years ago:cry:. I miss the special LITTLE things Disney used to have, it makes me sad to think a family company would sacrifice quality for $$. But Disney is still the happiest place on Earth, and there's no place I'd rather be:)

WDW1974

lol...if you have a better subject to share with us, by all means 74! The boards are going through another dry stage!

Yeah ... it says volumes about the LACK of anything substanitive happening at WDW that these ugly napkins (and the whole ugly Celebration motif) is big news here.

The really big news with Disney is happening a world away in Shanghai ... WDW is just a total afterthought beyond selling DVC.

wdwmomof3

I'm not that crazy about them, but they are just napkins after all. Maybe they did this so that we wouldn't grab a handful and bring them home anymore...:lookaroun:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

So is the toilet paper. How come nobody complains about the lack of design detail there?

Yeah! Someone get on the phone to Georgia Pacific and tell them to stick the face of Jay Rasulo on there! That'll show him what I think of him!!! :fork:

:lookaroun

DisneyDellsDude

I couldn't agree with you more. I was upset when they got rid of the International Delight coffee creamers many years ago:cry:. I miss the special LITTLE things Disney used to have, it makes me sad to think a family company would sacrifice quality for $$. But Disney is still the happiest place on Earth, and there's no place I'd rather be:)

I liked the old soaps and shampoos they had in the resorts. I'm not that fond of the new Aquatics line of soaps they have - but I guess they're ok.

NewfieFan

I'm not that crazy about them, but they are just napkins after all. Maybe they did this so that we wouldn't grab a handful and bring them home anymore...:lookaroun:lol:

I think you're on to something... not that I've ever taken a handful of napkins... they fell out, OK... I just took them so they wouldn't go to waste... I put them in my diaper bag... and let me tell you they came in handy when daughter decided to barf all over the disney bus one night. I'm sure everyone seated next to us was grateful that I had taken all those napkins... they saved the day! True story!!!

Vernonpush

I can only say this....I'm sure glad that the Toilet paper is not themed...:lookaroun

Don't be so sure!
Distoilet-paper.jpg

:lookaroun

Yes, this is a joke.

kingdaniel97

Ya know... better then the napkins... I still hate the "Disney Parks" but at least it doesn't have stupid hats that look ugly in the 2 colors they've currently plastered on the right side of the napkins.

(Look kids it's he lurker coming out of his natural habitat :>)

Yah though... onto my point, I saw a recurring trend in the first few pages of comparing them to kids birthday napkins and I have to say... that is an insult to cheap party stores everywhere. Honestly, when I was still in my birthday years, I always had full color napkins at my parties, be it Pokemon or even Monsters Inc they were always covered in ink. Disney has always ran what I recognize as a quiet elegance when it came to their napkins, only really making sure there are a few things like the name of the celebration, maybe a mickey head or a castle thrown in somewhere... but there's one big one that they actually missed in this one... Walt Disney World... honestly, if I saw that in the parks and later was interviewed by one of the creepy people w/ the touchpads... I would make that a serious complaint because those things are freaking ugly... How can I feel dignified while eating my hotdog and fries if they choose a similar color scheme for the pods and cardboard baskets? I mean honestly, light blue and white, very nice, calm and classy color scheme... only 1 thing can pull off blue and gold and it's Haunnukah...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom