Celebrate Today napkins now out in the parks (photo)

Auroragirl

The napkins do look a little "unprofessional" for what, I guess we're used to, with Disney 'standards'. It does look very 'little-kid' birthday party-ish.

prberk

I agree that the "Disney Parks" stuff has gone too far. It devalues the resort as a destination. The napkins should say where you are: Walt Disney World! And they should be unique from Disneyland's napkins. Same is true for almost all souvenirs. And, yes, napkins are often taken home as a souvenir.

Next thing, we will see shirts that say, "Disney Parks," as opposed to the resort name.

One very glaring example of this laziness in planning for merchandise is at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort -- where most of the merchandise in the gift shop says, Walt Disney World -- even though you are in South Carolina! And "Disney Parks" wouldn't work there, either, because there is no park there.

And, by the way, when you call DHHI resort to make a reservation, you get an opening remark saying "Thank you for calling Disney's Hilton Head Island and Vero Beach Resorts," but after that, all of the rest of the messages are about tickets and events to ask about "during your stay" at... Walt Disney World!

Lack of quality or attention to detail is just showing.

Jekyll_Baker

Very kiddie birthday party-ish to me, but I suppose that's the point :shrug:.

I agree with your assessment, imamouse.

As far as having the two parks using the same design, at least this way it prevents the inevitable east coast/west coast "our [insert item here] is better than yours."

krankenstein

While I don't personally care for the design, it is just a napkin. All I will do is wipe my mouth and hands with it anyway. :shrug:

BTW, I do like the way multiple colors are being used.

DisneyDellsDude

The napkins are just a small part of an ever growing problem. Little by little, the details that made Disney great are slipping away, and each time they are accepted because it's just napkins, it's just a refillable mug, it's just a burnt out lightbulb, it's just a torch lighting ceremony that a few people witness, it's just an evil nightclub (alcohol is the devil), etc.

Compared to the HCoE and YoMD napkins these are awful and just reek of Disney's laziness and cheapness. Why have two separate napkin designs when you can just have one and mass order them for both U.S. resorts. There's a problem when originality and individuality and quality is sacraficed for the bottomline. It's your right to accept it, and it's mine to hold the company I love to a higher standard...the kind of standards it used to hold itself to and surpass. This really isn't just about napkins.

To me, the napkins are ok - besides from the Disney Parks logo.
Otherwise, I agree with you 100%!

EPCOT Explorer

I don't mind them...They look nice. A Disney napkin is a Disney napkin. It's special to me anyhow.

Nice that they are using two colors though. This will look nice with my collection.:lol:

What do you mean JUST napkins??? JUST NAPKINS??? They are an essential and critical point of Disney theming!!!

:lol:

Actually, I still have a napkin from quite some time ago from WDW with the Mickeys with all the facial expressions... those were cute!
I have that one!:sohappy:

Joepic

I do agree with all of you on the "Disney Parks" argument. It makes WDW sound more as just a theme park. eeeewwwww.

Good thing I have a stack of the old napkins. The beautiful "Walt Disney World" napkins.

They're not even centered.

I hope this doesn't happen to the cups and plates.

TTA-ATW

Yes! I can finally add to my "extensive" napkin collection! :ROFLOL: I like the new napkins. As long as they get the Premium Mickey Ice Cream Bar off my face, hands & whatever I happen to be carrying I'll be very happy.

tigsmom

It's a napkin not a work of art! :brick:

I still have some from a long forgotten trip that are brown with a mickey head logo, very plain. They are made to wipe food off your face & be thrown away. Believe me, the new design will not diminish my experience at all.
maybe some plain old white napkins would be better?

SpongeScott

*puts on rose colored glasses*

I think they are nice...and I think that some people are going a tad bit overboard over every little thing...

All this nitpicking over small things is crazy..some of you may go to the parks and look for things to complain about but I go there to enjoy myself with my family and do not examine the napkins, and signs and ketchup packets with a magnifying glass so I can come here and complain about Disney again.

Comparing napkins to rides and attractions is ridiculous..

Sometimes after reading some of these threads I think that some people here only go to WDW just to see if they can find things that are wrong..

If you have to nitpick every little thing then why go?

*takes my rose colored glasses off*
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Some of you really need to re-evaluate your Disney priorities. To hear yourselves talk, you would think you HATE everything to do with Disney. I agree with Dana--if you bash it so much, why go there or even come here? :hammer:

nibblesandbits

Am I the only person who's been having trouble seeing the pics that Steve has been posting in the updates?

I've looked using multiple different computers and I haven't been able to see any of them...

Nemo14

I can't believe there is even an issue with the napkins! :brick:

Perhaps some people should just bring their own!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom