Celebrate Today napkins now out in the parks (photo)

krankenstein

Don't be so sure!
Distoilet-paper.jpg

I actually like that.... :lookaroun

CBOMB

So is the toilet paper. How come nobody complains about the lack of design detail there?
As I recall some folks did complain when the wrappers that the toilet paper came in were changed. Some people perceived the old wrappers as containing Hidden Mickeys.

Captain Hank

Meh, not sure how I feel about it. First of all, I'm not sure I see the necessity of theming the food and beverage items to the celebration du jour. Didn't WDW go through several years with just the little row of Mickeys thinking about food? I still recall that as neat and clever. If they're really concerned about saving money, why keep printing random holiday-hemed plates and cups in addition to the celebration-themed items? Focus on doing a really nice design that can be used for several years without getting stale. Also, the napkin graphics (party hats) seem to clash with the cups (balloons) and neither fits too well with the plates (red streamers and "Disney Parks" logo with castle). Somebody wasn't looking at the big picture.

In my opinion, the napkin graphics are not well-designed...but it certainly won't ruin my park-going experience. But it's a "little" thing that's a little disheartening.

Though, I will reiterate my utter loathing for anything that says "Disney Parks." :fork:

Edit: By the way...exactly what is the right name for this celebration? So far, I've seen "What Will You Celebrate," "Celebrate Today," "Celebrate Everyday (grammatically incorrect, I might add)," and "Celebrate You." Pick one.

Pongo

Looking back a second time, I actually like the napkins. I think the party hats fit in very well with the theme (What Will You Celebrate... nothing screams party like a party hat). And the fact that each hat corresponds to a member of the Big 5 is very clever. The colors really aren't THAT BAD.

If you go into something like this thinking "I hate this celebration and everything that comes out of it; nothing can impress me because everything Disney does these days is cost-cutting and cheap; my expectation are impossibly high" ...then you're going to get from it exactly what you thought going into it.

However, if you go into it thinking "Hey, they're only napkins" ...then you might just come out liking it.

JLW11Hi

I think the key word here is indifference. They are just napkins. Napkins with an arbitrary design for the standards the company should be holding themselves up to. I wouldn't get overheated because of something as small as this. I wouldn't praise it, either. Just indifference.

The Disney Parks branding is significant however. That is straight up marketing. And as hardcore as Disney marketing is on everything that Disney produces, I am surprised that they choose to fill their parks with branding that makes their travel destinations look more generic and less individual and special. Isn't that the job of marketing? To make their product look "special"? Just seems odd.

CaptainMichael

Edit: By the way...exactly what is the right name for this celebration? So far, I've seen "What Will You Celebrate," "Celebrate Today," "Celebrate Everyday (grammatically incorrect, I might add)," and "Celebrate You." Pick one.

They should have went with "Celebrate Today". It rolls off the tongue better, is shorter, and has the same meaning (basically) as "What Will You Celebrate" because "Today" could be any occassion. Being in WDW is something to celebrate on its own!:D

*misses "Where Magic Lives" and the amazing music that accompanied its planning DVD*

EPCOT Explorer

They should have went with "Celebrate Today". It rolls off the tongue better, is shorter, and has the same meaning (basically) as "What Will You Celebrate" because "Today" could be any occassion. Being in WDW is something to celebrate on its own!:D

*misses "Where Magic Lives" and the amazing music that accompanied its planning DVD*
Now THAT was a good campaign...I don't seem to remember the parks smothered in banners either.:shrug:

ttalovebug

I don't know what you all thought of the Millenium Celebration campaign, but I watched that planning video about a hundred times. It sure worked on me- got me to EPCOT for the very first time. :eek:

jakeman

I'm a little sentimental with regard to the Millenium Celebration. I meet my future wife on the College Program during that summer.

Even without that, I would say the Millenium Celebration was the best out of all of these.

Everything from the Millenium Village to Tapestry of Nations to Reflections of Earth was cohesive and moving.

In my opinion it was a grand celebration of the closing of one millenium and the opening of another.

I would gladly give up these concurrent celebrations if we could have a blow out like the Millenium Celebration every 5 or 10 years.

Oh and just to stay on topic, they are just napkins people...

meganw1985

Mugs?

What about the new mugs? That's what I really care about since I'll be using them after I get home...surely they're out by now...

EPCOT Explorer

I'm a little sentimental with regard to the Millenium Celebration. I meet my future wife on the College Program during that summer.

Even without that, I would say the Millenium Celebration was the best out of all of these.

Everything from the Millenium Village to Tapestry of Nations to Reflections of Earth was cohesive and moving.

In my opinion it was a grand celebration of the closing of one millenium and the opening of another.

I would gladly give up these concurrent celebrations if we could have a blow out like the Millenium Celebration every 5 or 10 years.

Agreed 110%. The Millennium Celebration focused on something real and was moving and inspirational. I LOVED that they make EPCOT the center of it as well...that was something new and very fresh for the resort.

jt04

Exactly. And the critics don't offer a better napkin plan which is weak. Let's have those great napkin ideas critics.

krankenstein

Exactly. And the critics don't offer a better napkin plan which is weak. Let's have those great napkin ideas critics.

All four park icons (Castle, Tree of Life, SSE and Da Hat) with a bunch of Mickey balloons being released around and above the icons. Below the icons you would have the Walt Disney World Resort logo with a banner below that with Celebrate Today on it. :wave:

CaptainMichael

A centered "Disney Parks" logo with the baloons would have at least matched with the campaign.

See above from post 2 of this thread.

All four park icons (Castle, Tree of Life, SSE and Da Hat) with a bunch of Mickey balloons being released around and above the icons. Below the icons you would have the Walt Disney World Resort logo with a banner below that would have Celebrate Today on it. :wave:

I like this one the best. I believe when we went 1998, the bags, boxes, etc. had the 4 park icons in abstract, and of course the Walt Disney World logo and not "Disney Parks":dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom