Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade starts TODAY

Disneyson 1

Sorry I'm a little OT, but I've wanted to know this for quite some time.

Now, what WAS the old snowglobe Show Stop? I heard that it involved character transformations, clogged air vents, and confetti. Anyone care to elaborate?

you and me both! Lol :roflol:

I would jump for joy if they put out a 'Celebrate' CD. I brought two copies of the Event Party Music CD. I'm not really sure why, but I felt like I had to, lol

Sorry I'm a little OT, but I've wanted to know this for quite some time.

Now, what WAS the old snowglobe Show Stop? I heard that it involved character transformations, clogged air vents, and confetti. Anyone care to elaborate?

You can watch the show stops here.
Just scroll down. They were nice, but I felt like the character dialogue slowed everything down, and it really wasn't necessary. The Evil Queen probably had the worst transformation scene; she'd change from Queen to Witch, and then you'd see a big pile of costume on the floor.

I thought the dancing was amazing. As I said before, you guys put your heart and soul into this and it really shows. I could only imagine how much practice and hard work went into making it look effortless. This is my favorite version of the SADCT parade. I think the music is much livelier and it just brings this magical atmosphere to the parade. I liked the energy of the DDCT parade, but it lacked that magic in the soundtrack. What’s great about this soundtrack is that it immerses you into the different worlds of the floats. I just wish that the characters would come down and mingle during the show-stop.

I’m hoping they release a new CD with all the music from the ‘Celebrate’ theme. It could have this parade, the upcoming street party, and the ‘Celebrate You’ theme. I’m still in shock of the ‘Event Party Music’ CD release, so hopefully this will come out too.

Thank you for commenting on the dancers. We worked our butts off to put this out on time. I was there on Sunday and loved every moment of performing this parade!! : ) However I too agree with the less character interaction part. When I heard that they were all gonna be on floats I knew that that was gonna be the number compliant about this parade!!! But I still think its so much more upbeat and really is such a party and gives everyone a reason to celebrate!

Animaniac93-98

True, everyone won't be happy. This thread shows proof of that. BUT had we brought PoD over... we'd be hearing the same kind of commets. I have read some amazing points of view on this thread. Most comments (though not exactly music to my ears) all hold some sort of merit or insight.

We'll do our best to keep making magic! Promise!

Although it would be another form of recycling I would not complain nearly as much if WDW had gotten PoD. It would be new to the resort and some people (and I could actually watch it in person) and it would be a total change that i would welcome. I have no issue with parades being swapped and changed around with various resorts around the world so long as the same parade doens't stay at the same park for a long time. The fact that SDCT has run for nearly 8 years and the same place with only some minor tweaking is just terribe. I know you preformers try hard but that is no excuse for a lack of effort of higher ups to try something really new. Economic issues now have nothing to do with it. They could have chnged it after 3, 4, 5 years but Disney just kept running it, and now with less characters and even more dissapointment being felt from others. This is why I complain, and if I'm a "Debbie Downer" (could you think of a better insult?) that's just me.

spectropluto

Although it would be another form of recycling I would not complain nearly as much if WDW had gotten PoD. It would be new to the resort and some people (and I could actually watch it in person) and it would be a total change that i would welcome. I have no issue with parades being swapped and changed around with various resorts around the world so long as the same parade doens't stay at the same park for a long time. The fact that SDCT has run for nearly 8 years and the same place with only some minor tweaking is just terribe. I know you preformers try hard but that is no excuse for a lack of effort of higher ups to try something really new. Economic issues now have nothing to do with it. They could have chnged it after 3, 4, 5 years but Disney just kept running it, and now with less characters and even more dissapointment being felt from others. This is why I complain, and if I'm a "Debbie Downer" (could you think of a better insult?) that's just me.

Absolutely no worries, man. We know the guests (both passholders and the once-every-ten-years) have certain expectations. Again, we do our best with what is given to us. I thank you so much for being critical without losing your cool (trust me, many CM's agree with you!!! LOL).

Animaniac93-98

Absolutely no worries, man. We know the guests (both passholders and the once-every-ten-years) have certain expectations. Again, we do our best with what is given to us. I thank you so much for being critical without losing your cool (trust me, many CM's agree with you!!! LOL).

I've posted before about working at D Store and how I try my best even if guests are clearly disseminated by the merch. I agree with them of course and it would help if Disney actually head them and not stare at pie charts all day. I just hope by putting out an opinion someone, somewhere will hear... *song cue*

clarkstallings

Just a correction on Disney Creative Entertainment and the scope of their work. Most of the entertainment offerings at Walt Disney World are handled by Walt Disney World Entertainment or Walt Disney Entertainment, depending on which stationary or logo you come across. Disney Creative Entertainment is the division that handles bigger than usual entertainment offerings. Parade of Dreams is a Disney Creative Entertainment venture as is Finding Nemo: The Musical. As far as I know, the only Disney Creative Entertainment shows at WDW are Nemo and the American Idol Experience, and even a large part of the latter has been handled by the folks at the local Walt Disney World Entertainment Office. Wishes and its holiday variants were directed by Steven Davison of Disney Creative Entertainment, but I don't think they're considered Disney Creative Entertainment projects because a large part of those shows were handled by local WDW Entertainment folks. It's a muddy line between the two divisions, but there definitely exists a line.

Captain Hank

Just a correction on Disney Creative Entertainment and the scope of their work. Most of the entertainment offerings at Walt Disney World are handled by Walt Disney World Entertainment or Walt Disney Entertainment, depending on which stationary or logo you come across. Disney Creative Entertainment is the division that handles bigger than usual entertainment offerings. Parade of Dreams is a Disney Creative Entertainment venture as is Finding Nemo: The Musical. As far as I know, the only Disney Creative Entertainment shows at WDW are Nemo and the American Idol Experience, and even a large part of the latter has been handled by the folks at the local Walt Disney World Entertainment Office. Wishes and its holiday variants were directed by Steven Davison of Disney Creative Entertainment, but I don't think they're considered Disney Creative Entertainment projects because a large part of those shows were handled by local WDW Entertainment folks. It's a muddy line between the two divisions, but there definitely exists a line.
Thanks for the clarification.

disnyfan89

I'm just wondering what factors led to them not sending PoD over to Florida? It's not like they are making a whole new parade, just new to Florida, and It would have been easy to add little balloons and such to those floats to go along with the celebration theme, and that parade is designed to have show stops as well, perfect for the celebration song. It was rumored for so long, and now that PoD has been retired...why not send it to wdw guys?
It is also speculated among cast that after WDW received Block Party Bash WDW no longer wanted to deal with the floats from California. When we got Block Party some of the floats where in such bad condition that we had to practically rebuild them. The Monster float has been one of the main problematic floats and has broken far to many times. Out at Disneyland they don't run their parades 7 days a week/ 365 days a year like most of our parades here in WDW. The simply weren't made to last the amount of time we need them for after their years of service at Disneyland.

Disneyson 1

(On the SADCT show stops)

So what exactly happened for Aladdin, Princess, & the Peter Float? I suppose that Pinochio turns into a "real boy" (did they use another actor for this??), but for Aladdin? Did they, like, do a little confetti thing, or what? And did the princesses/princes transform? What about Peter & the rest of the gang? Did they have a special confetti thing??

Captain Hank

(On the SADCT show stops)

So what exactly happened for Aladdin, Princess, & the Peter Float? I suppose that Pinochio turns into a "real boy" (did they use another actor for this??), but for Aladdin? Did they, like, do a little confetti thing, or what? And did the princesses/princes transform? What about Peter & the rest of the gang? Did they have a special confetti thing??
Aladdin's carpet started moving. Pinocchio's "transformation" was pretty lame--before he became a 'real boy,' he moved very robotically. Afterwards, he just moved more naturally. I don't recall exactly what happened with the princess float. Originally, the Peter Pan float was the last in the parade. The story was that all of the other things that happened during the show stops on the other floats was because Tinker Bell was flying by. So, the big thing for the Peter Pan float was that Peter opened up his lantern to let Tink out.

Disneyson 1

Was there anything inside the lantern? And I suppose that the carousel spun? Did the Pinocchio float at least spin like the others??

Okay, slightly back on topic:

Why can't they get the floats spinning for the show stops? Surely they could fix the mechanisms, the smoke for the villains, etc... right? Or would that cost too much... well, you know.

Captain Hank

Was there anything inside the lantern? And I suppose that the carousel spun? Did the Pinocchio float at least spin like the others??

Okay, slightly back on topic:

Why can't they get the floats spinning for the show stops? Surely they could fix the mechanisms, the smoke for the villains, etc... right? Or would that cost too much... well, you know.
I think there was just a lighting effect inside the lantern. I'm pretty sure that the Peter Pan float was the only one that didn't have the central globe spin around (though the carousel inside the globe did). I'm pretty sure that some of the modifications that were made to the floats during the DDCT switchover would make bringing the spinning back very difficult. Also, when the platforms were snowglobes, it kind of made sense for the thing inside to be spinning, as many real snowglobes have spinning elements. Now that they're just floats, the spinning wouldn't make as much sense.

PKD

During the show stops, what do the Grand marshals and the flag barriers do? Just stand and look pretty?

I have to agree that it's possible the dancer costumes are due to the 1971 opening of WDW, and the opening anouncment does make reference to that date?!?!?

Very PoD like, though it just doesn't have that finale "magic" touch that leaves you smiling when it's over.

W/out a doubt,the dancers do their best, but I have always disliked the "watered down" choreography that is seen at a Theme park in some parades/shows

Thank you for commenting on the dancers. We worked our butts off to put this out on time. I was there on Sunday and loved every moment of performing this parade!! : ) However I too agree with the less character interaction part. When I heard that they were all gonna be on floats I knew that that was gonna be the number compliant about this parade!!! But I still think its so much more upbeat and really is such a party and gives everyone a reason to celebrate!

You are very, very welcome! I could only imagine how much you guys put into this, and it shows. You guys are definitely admired. I agree with you, the parade is very upbeat and it gets you in the celebrate spirit.

True, but with some extra confetti/smoke/what have you, the current show stops would serve a MUCH better purpose.

I wish the floats did something interesting during the show stop. If it were easy enough for Disney to implement the same show stop, with the spinning floats and effects from SADCT for this parade I’m sure they would have.

Even though I was hoping for an entirely new parade as well, (I've never been a big fan of the long running snow globe floats), I think that these new changes and additions to this brand new version are great. The new Mickey and Minnie float is wonderful, the colors are fun.

Could there have been more characters? Yes, but I LOVE the dancers and the new music!! The ribbon dancer reminds me of the mid 80's Donald's Birthday Parade. That was a fantastic parade and many ribbon dancers sounded each float.

I really love the dancers in their retro looking costumes and I love the choreography. Perhaps it helps that I was a kid in the 70's and visited WDW for the first time in 1978. The dancers and their style bring a special feeling and a smile in my heart. It harks back to Julie Andrews and the dancers at the Gala Opening. Congratulations to the current dancing performers. You are all beautiful and doing a great job!

And a special hello to "SpectroPluto"! Keep having fun. At least you know that you are making some of us very happy! :sohappy:

Chris

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom