News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
all this 'trackless' chatter is crazy talk.

The idea that Disney would run a high speed multi-ton vehicle on OUTSIDE SURFACES as trackless vehciles with guests is pure fantasy. Would never happen with outside and with vehicles that want to run at like 30mph and up.

Go back to your drawing boards of how to give the BELIEF or impression of something trackless... because Rise and Pooh vehicles aren't going to be running in crazy uncontrolled environment of the florida outdoors. And certainly not with multiple vehicles in the same system.
https://dynamictechgroup.com/2018/0...rk-ride-shifts-trackless-ride-tech-high-gear/

It's not just the executives, it's also the creative talent that grew up with Disneyland, much like the 2nd generation of WDI

That's why The Magic Kingdom is constantly tinkered with to be more like Disneyland, instead of respecting what WED did differently when designing and building it.

Few have an attachment to WDW specifically, outside of maybe EPCOT which is seen as different enough from Disneyland to be considered special.
Animal Kingdom is the crown jewel of Walt Disney World imo. Disneyland could never have anything similar

Quietmouse

I think what makes Disney world special is the minute you step on the parking lot tram and take then the monorail to magic kingdom you instantly feel like you’re transported to a magical realm.

I still remember how it felt when I was 12. It just genuinely felt magical.

When I went to Disney land a few later, the experience of taking the tram straight to the park gates kind of killed the immersion for me. It felt like you entered a theme park.

Also, the general scale feels different. Magic kingdom feels a bit more grandiose even though Disneyland has more attractions and lands.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Smooth

In a state that sees a lot of afternoon thunder storms, and is seeing more hurricanes, this is an interesting choice for a new headliner. Anticipating this will be another ride that is down frequently with issues.
Here is the updated list of hurricanes and tropical storms that made landfall in Florida over the past 10 years:

• 2014: No hurricanes or tropical storms made landfall.
  • 2015: Tropical Storm Erika.
  • 2016: Hurricane Hermine (Category 1), Hurricane Matthew (Category 1).
  • 2017: Hurricane Irma (Category 4).
  • 2018: Hurricane Michael (Category 5).
  • 2019: Hurricane Dorian (did not make direct landfall), Tropical Storm Nestor.
  • 2020: Hurricane Eta (Category 1), Tropical Storm Isaias, Tropical Storm Sally.
  • 2021: Hurricane Elsa (Category 1), Tropical Storm Fred, Tropical Storm Mindy.
  • 2022: Hurricane Ian (Category 4), Hurricane Nicole (Category 1), Tropical Storm Alex.
  • 2023: Hurricane Idalia (Category 3), Tropical Storm Arlene.
This includes 14 hurricanes and several tropical storms, with an average of 2-3 storms impacting Florida each year.

Incomudro

all this 'trackless' chatter is crazy talk.

The idea that Disney would run a high speed multi-ton vehicle on OUTSIDE SURFACES as trackless vehciles with guests is pure fantasy. Would never happen with outside and with vehicles that want to run at like 30mph and up.

Go back to your drawing boards of how to give the BELIEF or impression of something trackless... because Rise and Pooh vehicles aren't going to be running in crazy uncontrolled environment of the florida outdoors. And certainly not with multiple vehicles in the same system.
Disney's language says "race across."
They don't say "high speed."
I'm actually concerned these vehicles are simply going to plod along at kiddy safe speeds.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Disney's language says "race across."
They don't say "high speed."
I'm actually concerned these vehicles are simply going to plod along at kiddy safe speeds.
Couldn't find max speed info on Dynamics site but it did mention "bursts of acceleration" whatever that means.

Based on demo video though, I'm guessing 20-30 mph with acceleration burst of 35-40 mph. Top speed of RSR is 40. The difference here is that this would have rocky terrain and tight turns which up the thrill/intensity.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Animal Kingdom is the crown jewel of Walt Disney World imo. Disneyland could never have anything similar

Which is unrelated to the fact that many in and out of the company view The Magic Kingdom as worse than Disneyland, which is the point I was making. Regardless if anyone on this WDW specific fan forum disagrees.

That mindset has had a very real, negative impact on MK.

Donfan

If they were to make the ride like some of the mountain roads in places like Colorado, speed wouldn't really matter. It could be a winding, bouncing, adventure ride with lots of thrills.

Marc Davis Fan

Which is unrelated to the fact that many in and out of the company view The Magic Kingdom as worse than Disneyland, which is the point I was making. Regardless if anyone on this WDW specific fan forum disagrees.

What's weird is this should have a positive impact on The Magic Kingdom. When I first visited Disneyland - and experienced New Orleans Square, Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn Bobsleds, the vastly superior Pirates of the Caribbean, the vastly superior Space Mountain, etc. - I immediately thought, "wow, The Magic Kingdom needs some serious plussing ASAP." And by that, I was not just thinking of more high-quality e-tickets, but also high-quality environments like the superior areas along DL's Rivers of America.

Animaniac93-98

What's weird is this should have a positive impact on The Magic Kingdom. When I first visited Disneyland - and experienced New Orleans Square, Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn Bobsleds, the vastly superior Pirates of the Caribbean, the vastly superior Space Mountain, etc. - I immediately thought, "wow, The Magic Kingdom needs some serious plussing ASAP." And by that, I was not just thinking of more high-quality e-tickets, but also high-quality environments like the superior areas along DL's Rivers of America.

If this and Villains were added behind RoA, like Galaxy's Edge, with new scenery along the river, you'd have a fraction of the backlash. Or none at all.

The main objection is losing RoA entirely.

Animaniac93-98

Because it is?

And why do you think that is?

Why does MK lose the things DLR still has? Why have entertainment and character meet and greets been reduced to the bare minimum? Why did all the unique stores close? Why has the park gone long stretches without major investment? Why is there abandoned retail and dining space? Why did they never finish what they started with Tomorrowland? Why is attraction show quality so bad?

The Magic Kingdom just needing to be good enough to get people in the door is the result of a permanent change in mindset that has lasted for decades now.

It should be exciting and wonderful that the park is getting attention, but it misses what made the park in the first place.

TrainsOfDisney

For those who want to say “some people don’t like change” - and “modern cars can fit fomrtierland” - here’s some thoughts from Joe Rohde -

“The real world is brutally amoral and relentless in its rate of destruction and replacement. There are few refuges from this assault. Theme parks, at their best, can be such places, secular though they are. People step out of the chaos and into an ordered ceremonial world where time is arrested. Beloved important moments are re-enacted in a space that is outside of history.

That's why it's such a shock when time intrudes, either with changes, or more tellingly with new events that are too anchored in contemporary relevance.”

Chef idea Mickey`=

100%. This won't be trackless. It's gonna be something similar to Test Track or Dinosaur/Indiana Jones. No new innovation, but only because of Florida weather.
It's funny that before when the rumor or thought of bringing RSR and Cars Land to WDW tons and tons of people would comment about can't have you already have Test Track, and now still that a rugid terained maybe obstacle car motor experience that the whole test track debolical seems silent. Oh is it their silent because it's happening eventually so no one wants to stop it or they really don't give a rats anymore because it's replacing something that they don't care none the less about or now the shift is actually speaking on ROA and TSI how important it is when your argument of Test Track wasn't better. It doesn't count people when WDW has 3-4 trackless rides.

Quietmouse

Who are these people you are referring to?

I also wish we could stop comparing and contrasting the parks and let them be their own thing.

I think what holds Disney back is that people who spend money to travel down to Orlando magic kingdom, think oh well Disney land is very similar to magic kingdom and why should we visit the same park in a different state?

I think there are key differences between the 2 parks, but they would far be more successful if they were each more original and unique.

That’s why I think getting rid of roa isn’t inherently a bad thing. Let each land be unique and different. Enough with the copy/paste routine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom