News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

flynnibus

Premium Member
all this 'trackless' chatter is crazy talk.

The idea that Disney would run a high speed multi-ton vehicle on OUTSIDE SURFACES as trackless vehciles with guests is pure fantasy. Would never happen with outside and with vehicles that want to run at like 30mph and up.

Go back to your drawing boards of how to give the BELIEF or impression of something trackless... because Rise and Pooh vehicles aren't going to be running in crazy uncontrolled environment of the florida outdoors. And certainly not with multiple vehicles in the same system.

build_it

I really wish modern corporations understood the value of a little calm amongst all the noise. ROA has provided that along with a feeling of space, which the Western US is known for. Carsland, due to its size and design in DCA gives you a sense of space, but not as much of the calm. Just my opinion, but I think they could still have all of that if they kept the front 1/2 of the river. Dock the boat, make it an area for eating and character meet and greets. Keep the illusion of space, and separate the new cars off-road adventure in the background.
Also, I’m not convinced current execs can deliver on the quality needed to make this work without the river. The idea will be value engineered down when the next money issue pops up. Their track record is not good. Beyond a very slow delivery system.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

The idea that Disney would run a high speed multi-ton vehicle on OUTSIDE SURFACES as trackless vehciles with guests is pure fantasy. Would never happen with outside and with vehicles that want to run at like 30mph and up.

Go back to your drawing boards of how to give the BELIEF or impression of something trackless... because Rise and Pooh vehicles aren't going to be running in crazy uncontrolled environment of the florida outdoors. And certainly not with multiple vehicles in the same system.
100%. This won't be trackless. It's gonna be something similar to Test Track or Dinosaur/Indiana Jones. No new innovation, but only because of Florida weather.

build_it

100%. This won't be trackless. It's gonna be something similar to Test Track or Dinosaur/Indiana Jones. No new innovation, but only because of Florida weather.
In a state that sees a lot of afternoon thunder storms, and is seeing more hurricanes, this is an interesting choice for a new headliner. Anticipating this will be another ride that is down frequently with issues.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

In a state that sees a lot of afternoon thunder storms, and is seeing more hurricanes, this is an interesting choice for a new headliner. Anticipating this will be another ride that is down frequently with issues.
For real, not sure why they chose to do something entirely outdoors. A flat ride like Dumbo is one thing, but an entire E-Ticket that takes up several acres? Seems like a big waste of money.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

https://dynamictechgroup.com/2018/0...rk-ride-shifts-trackless-ride-tech-high-gear/

It's not just the executives, it's also the creative talent that grew up with Disneyland, much like the 2nd generation of WDI

That's why The Magic Kingdom is constantly tinkered with to be more like Disneyland, instead of respecting what WED did differently when designing and building it.

Few have an attachment to WDW specifically, outside of maybe EPCOT which is seen as different enough from Disneyland to be considered special.
Animal Kingdom is the crown jewel of Walt Disney World imo. Disneyland could never have anything similar

Quietmouse

I think what makes Disney world special is the minute you step on the parking lot tram and take then the monorail to magic kingdom you instantly feel like you’re transported to a magical realm.

I still remember how it felt when I was 12. It just genuinely felt magical.

When I went to Disney land a few later, the experience of taking the tram straight to the park gates kind of killed the immersion for me. It felt like you entered a theme park.

Also, the general scale feels different. Magic kingdom feels a bit more grandiose even though Disneyland has more attractions and lands.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Smooth

Here is the updated list of hurricanes and tropical storms that made landfall in Florida over the past 10 years:

• 2014: No hurricanes or tropical storms made landfall.
  • 2015: Tropical Storm Erika.
  • 2016: Hurricane Hermine (Category 1), Hurricane Matthew (Category 1).
  • 2017: Hurricane Irma (Category 4).
  • 2018: Hurricane Michael (Category 5).
  • 2019: Hurricane Dorian (did not make direct landfall), Tropical Storm Nestor.
  • 2020: Hurricane Eta (Category 1), Tropical Storm Isaias, Tropical Storm Sally.
  • 2021: Hurricane Elsa (Category 1), Tropical Storm Fred, Tropical Storm Mindy.
  • 2022: Hurricane Ian (Category 4), Hurricane Nicole (Category 1), Tropical Storm Alex.
  • 2023: Hurricane Idalia (Category 3), Tropical Storm Arlene.
This includes 14 hurricanes and several tropical storms, with an average of 2-3 storms impacting Florida each year.

Incomudro

Disney's language says "race across."
They don't say "high speed."
I'm actually concerned these vehicles are simply going to plod along at kiddy safe speeds.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Disney's language says "race across."
They don't say "high speed."
I'm actually concerned these vehicles are simply going to plod along at kiddy safe speeds.
Couldn't find max speed info on Dynamics site but it did mention "bursts of acceleration" whatever that means.

Based on demo video though, I'm guessing 20-30 mph with acceleration burst of 35-40 mph. Top speed of RSR is 40. The difference here is that this would have rocky terrain and tight turns which up the thrill/intensity.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Animal Kingdom is the crown jewel of Walt Disney World imo. Disneyland could never have anything similar

Which is unrelated to the fact that many in and out of the company view The Magic Kingdom as worse than Disneyland, which is the point I was making. Regardless if anyone on this WDW specific fan forum disagrees.

That mindset has had a very real, negative impact on MK.

Donfan

If they were to make the ride like some of the mountain roads in places like Colorado, speed wouldn't really matter. It could be a winding, bouncing, adventure ride with lots of thrills.

Marc Davis Fan

Which is unrelated to the fact that many in and out of the company view The Magic Kingdom as worse than Disneyland, which is the point I was making. Regardless if anyone on this WDW specific fan forum disagrees.

That mindset has had a very real, negative impact on MK.
What's weird is this should have a positive impact on The Magic Kingdom. When I first visited Disneyland - and experienced New Orleans Square, Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn Bobsleds, the vastly superior Pirates of the Caribbean, the vastly superior Space Mountain, etc. - I immediately thought, "wow, The Magic Kingdom needs some serious plussing ASAP." And by that, I was not just thinking of more high-quality e-tickets, but also high-quality environments like the superior areas along DL's Rivers of America.

Animaniac93-98

What's weird is this should have a positive impact on The Magic Kingdom. When I first visited Disneyland - and experienced New Orleans Square, Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn Bobsleds, the vastly superior Pirates of the Caribbean, the vastly superior Space Mountain, etc. - I immediately thought, "wow, The Magic Kingdom needs some serious plussing ASAP." And by that, I was not just thinking of more high-quality e-tickets, but also high-quality environments like the superior areas along DL's Rivers of America.

If this and Villains were added behind RoA, like Galaxy's Edge, with new scenery along the river, you'd have a fraction of the backlash. Or none at all.

The main objection is losing RoA entirely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom