News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

BrianLo

That’s rack rate, not DVC.

Points could be rented for 20$/p and a September week starts at a blended average of 17.15p/night. I assume that’s roughly where the 350 number is being produced from.

Now an owner will of course pay significantly less depending on how they acquired the points they are using. At the very generous side of things, approaching half of that. More like 60%.

BrianLo

You can stay at a GF for 350 through a DVC.
But we are talking about hotels not timeshares.

My reading comprehension isn’t that bad. The entire conversation keeps vacillating between Aulani, Island Poly Tower grievances and the hotel rooms.

In the Cars thread no less.

I don’t think anyone is really arguing Disney hotel rates are a good deal. But I was clarifying to Steve where that poster was producing that number from.

Jrb1979

Even direct, GF is a lot cheaper normally than Four Seasons. My point is there are easy options to save money through a DVc rental. That’s all.

You guys are doom and gloom all the time. Even makes me wonder if most of you even go to the parks. You guys are the ultimate source of misinformation.
Haven't been since 1988 and have no desire to go back. Sure you can save by going through DVC but it's still not worth what they charge.

Disstevefan1

That’s rack rate, not DVC.

Points could be rented for 20$/p and a September week starts at a blended average of 17.15p/night. I assume that’s roughly where the 350 number is being produced from.

Now an owner will of course pay significantly less depending on how they acquired the points they are using. At the very generous side of things, approaching half of that. More like 60%.
Yes, I know. Folks can get deals by renting DVCs

I just think it was fair to compare Four Seasons rack rates to GF rack rates that's all.

Disstevefan1

My reading comprehension isn’t that bad. The entire conversation keeps vacillating between Aulani, Island Poly Tower grievances and the hotel rooms.

In the Cars thread no less.

I don’t think anyone is really arguing Disney hotel rates are a good deal. But I was clarifying to Steve where that poster was producing that number from.
Yes, I know. Folks can get deals by renting DVCs

I just think it was fair to compare Four Seasons rack rates to GF rack rates that's all.

Jrb1979

You haven't been to WDW in almost 40 years yet you spend a lot of time on a WDW focused website?
It was a joke in response to another poster going on about how people hate on the parks but haven't visited in years.

I have been almost 6 years ago. Haven't been back since. Partially due to have another child in the family in that time and for us the value just isn't there due to the constant changes in line skip systems and the rise in prices.

TomboyJanet

It was a joke in response to another poster going on about how people hate on the parks but haven't visited in years.

I have been almost 6 years ago. Haven't been back since. Partially due to have another child in the family in that time and for us the value just isn't there due to the constant changes in line skip systems and the rise in prices.
So basically you're just another lost customer......which is what the problem is....which proves the new systems are faulty.

I go back to Disney as often as I can...Why? Because there is still some of the old Disney left, and I want to soak it up before they turn it all into Moana, cars, and Toy Story flat rides and screen rides with a bit of frozen sprinkled here and there. Right now Tomorrowland is my favorite part of the park, when it used to be frontierland. This will drive that further. Tomorrowland ironically is the most nostalgic land now, and still feels like it did when I was young. They even got the GOOD music still going in Space Mt, hopefully for a long time. (though now that I said it Iger is gonna be all like A HAH!! Something Janet Likes! Let's destroy it!) The peoplemover, the rockets still on the tower, the carousel of progress, the model of Progress City on top, Even buzz doesn't use screens but actual props! What a concept!

As a side note...I'm starting to think Iger has a crush on Moana....like for real

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom