News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Ghost93

I have no idea whether that’s true or not. What I do know is that certain things are better over in Florida, which to me belies the notion that one resort is indisputably superior to the other.
On the whole I prefer WDW to Disneyland, but Disneyland itself is slightly better than Magic Kingdom simply because it has more attractions. But there are definitely things Magic Kingdom does better than Disneyland. MK for instance has the superior castle. I was quite disappointed when I went to Disneyland and found out how small Sleeping Beauty's castle was!

TrainsOfDisney

I was quite disappointed when I went to Disneyland and found out how small Sleeping Beauty's castle was!
My first few trips to Disneyland it took some getting used to. Not the castle specifically - everything is smaller! The train station, the trains, the Main Street buildings, the monorail, the splash mountain logs….

That’s one of the design issues with galaxies edge - the scale is off compared to the rest of the park. It is very jarring.

Gusey

Removing one of the few culturally appropriate scenes of native Americans and not replacing it would be pretty icky….
I'm thinking it's more because of its location. If villains is going to the North or Cars, there is a chance the encampment could stay, but it would need to be out of view from the villains land. If villains starts north of Cars and goes beyond the train tracks, the encampment would literally be in the way. Hopefully there would be a way to preserve it or move it to another location (Before Tiana's?), especially as it is one of few scenes you can see from the train, but it might be removed just because it's in the way of villains

Tha Realest

Replacing the river does lead to new attractions. It keeps them from having to use more expansion space in the back of the park. So instead of a river and island few people want to experience we get a Cars area and some time in the future something else will go in the unused space that wasn’t used during this expansion.
Every time I walk down Main Street in MK I’m struck by how much more traffic and use the shops on the left (while walking towards the castle) get compared to what’s on the right. I think WDI needs to be bold - they need to more efficiently utilize that underperforming space! Raze those buildings on the right and build something people will use. Sure it’ll throw off the look and feel of Main Street proper, but this is the world’s most attended theme park and tens of thousands of people are walking by this area each day doing nothing with it.

TrainsOfDisney

I also think the native Americans are right on the edge of the fireworks fallout zone - the Native American village and the overpass are the 2 boundaries for fallout zone I believe but not saying it’s 100% factual.

HMF

It's not just the executives, it's also the creative talent that grew up with Disneyland, much like the 2nd generation of WDI

That's why The Magic Kingdom is constantly tinkered with to be more like Disneyland, instead of respecting what WED did differently when designing and building it.
I mention a bit of the Disneylandification of the Haunted Mansion in this article.

Chef idea Mickey`=

The excuses that people use to say they won't use expansion pads further because it be too far to walk. Heck just add another stop on the Liberty Bell. Two if needed. One the left Cars Land Frontier and Villans to the right. ✅

JoeCamel

Every time I walk down Main Street in MK I’m struck by how much more traffic and use the shops on the left (while walking towards the castle) get compared to what’s on the right. I think WDI needs to be bold - they need to more efficiently utilize that underperforming space! Raze those buildings on the right and build something people will use. Sure it’ll throw off the look and feel of Main Street proper, but this is the world’s most attended theme park and tens of thousands of people are walking by this area each day doing nothing with it.
The right side of the street is high dollar goods once you get past the confectionery and left is mass market stuff

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not at all - nothing keeping them from building “Encanto Adventure Land”
"nothing" keeping them from calling it "Iger's baby" either... but there would still be other reasons sticking with the convention used everywhere else in the park is a powerful reason to stick with that in DAK.. and still a meaningful difference of how DAK is not the same as the other parks.

TrainsOfDisney

"nothing" keeping them from calling it "Iger's baby" either... but there would still be other reasons sticking with the convention used everywhere else in the park is a powerful reason to stick with that in DAK.. and still a meaningful difference of how DAK is not the same as the other parks.
Oh I’m not complaining! I’m pleasantly surprised. I’m hoping for capybaras too!

Nland316

Haven’t been on this thread since dropping my first initial thoughts immediately after the announcement.. Figured it would be a lot to keep up with and wanted to let it sit for a bit..

Right now, I’m in the mindset where I really have grown to love the concept behind the new interpretation of Frontierland.. I just really still hate how it’s at the expense of MK’s version + ROA. With that being said, I don’t think it’ll make me enjoy the park any more or less.. So no real net gain for me personally I guess? Opinion probably skewed heavily since I’m a DL native.

More than anything though, I hate the domino effect that this project implies and that feels inevitable..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom