News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Chef idea Mickey`=

Yes, and hopefully that will be enough but honestly that may be a problem since it requires 2 trains (and they used to rain 3 on busy days).

I’m just looking at the facts…. Steamboat, Red Car Trolley….. what’s next on that list? Yes, the train has attendance so hopefully that saves it but if they want an excuse “Villains land” would be it.
Does anyone think The Liberty Bell is not much an interest because it just circles a back part of the park. If it had a stop along the way like say a stop at Villain's or and Cars (if both lands were in an own expansion far back) or had the river circled part of the park and had a stop from one point to another then it would be a popular transportation system as well as an attraction.

Animaniac93-98

Yes, and hopefully that will be enough but honestly that may be a problem since it requires 2 trains (and they used to rain 3 on busy days).

I’m just looking at the facts…. Steamboat, Red Car Trolley….. what’s next on that list? Yes, the train has attendance so hopefully that saves it but if they want an excuse “Villains land” would be it.

If Disney wants to get rid of the train, they don't necessarily need Villains Land to be the excuse. They can justify anything.

And the fans will defend it:

"I never rode the train"
"the train is boring compared to Disneyland"
"Shanghai doesn't have a train, why does MK need one?"
"It costs a lot of money to maintain and operate"
"It's not IP and my kids don't get it"
"Disney is a business"

Ghost93

If Disney wants to get rid of the train, they don't necessarily need Villains Land to be the excuse. They can justify anything.

And the fans will defend it:
I want the train to remain, I just would much, much rather prefer Villains land if I had to choose between the two.

Ideally, the solution would be to reroute the train to go around villains land.

Animaniac93-98

I will say, this is a common complaint I have seen. There isn't enough to see and there is no diorama's like Disneyland and DLP's. Not saying they should get rid of the train at all, but they should invest in adding some scenes to make it more of an experience that just transportation

They had the chance to do so while it was closed for TRON, and didn't. Even the TRON tunnel is lackluster.

Doubt they'd do anything now, though I would be happy to be wrong.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I will say, this is a common complaint I have seen. There isn't enough to see and there is no diorama's like Disneyland and DLP's.
This is what makes me sad about possibly losing the Liberty Bell. Was exciting to ride the railroad but very disappointed after seeing how there really isn't anything around except it went through splash mountain. I didn't like the first half route it smelled to me like mold. The Riverboat is everything classic Disney it bring's atmosphere to the park, kinetics, charm, nostalgia...yeah.

TrainsOfDisney

True but they usually use construction / expansion as an excuse. Riverboat and Red Car Trolley as examples.

I want the train to remain, I just would much, much rather prefer Villains land if I had to choose between the two.
There’s no reason you can’t have both just like there is no reason you can’t have cars and a riverboat.

flyerjab

Will be at MK tomorrow. Can’t wait to walk back through Liberty Square and hang a left to imagine what this will look like.

I’m actually looking forward to this. We recently were at DCA for the first time and experienced RSS. Top notch experience on all counts. This experience could even be better if they are including tunnels, mountain paths, water features, all on a trackless system.

I’ll be honest. As a family we went to TSI once in the more than 60 times we’ve been to WDW. The riverboat I think we have been on twice and it was hot, slow and not entertaining.

I’m not foolish here. I know that this is about IP, merch, money. Before they truly expand these parks, they are simply maximizing their return on investments. But I have no issues with the parks constantly changing. The water front was nice from an aesthetics perspective, but that was it. I won’t miss this area at all and welcome the change.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I know that this is about IP, merch, money. Before they truly expand these parks, they are simply maximizing their return on investments.
Cars Land has been their return investment since 2012. Your telling me it took them longer to get more from this franchise something amazing beyond the show at DHS or the tram experience they have out in DLP than Frozen.

They see to know Epic Universe is coming in hot with Donkey Kong Mine Cart and just now that they want to put you in various terrain, experiences makes me more curious had Universal never been in the picture what kind of Walt Disney World and Disneyland resort would've looked like today.

Animaniac93-98

At some point we aren’t visiting “Walt Disneys Magic Kingdom” - where is that line?

Or the answer is “people don’t care”?

"Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom" is Disneyland. That's the sacred text.

The Magic Kingdom is seen by corporate and its customers as the mass market knock off.

It has no value or history of its own. Its prupose is to make money and satisfy the basic desire to "go to Disney".

KDM31091

Honestly wouldn’t be shocked if the train goes eventually. They seem to hate it. They close it at any opportunity, frequently only run one train so you must wait 20+ mins, and they had 5 years to upgrade and add to it and realistically, the sights suck, you see basically nothing interesting the whole time.

And of course, it’s non IP and doesn’t sell LL.

I could see them just permanently parking it at Main Street and calling it a day.

LittleBuford

Since Disneyland is in California it is held in higher regard by the California based executives.
I have no idea whether that’s true or not. What I do know is that certain things are better over in Florida, which to me belies the notion that one resort is indisputably superior to the other.

Animaniac93-98

Since Disneyland is in California it is held in higher regard by the California based executives.

It's not just the executives, it's also the creative talent that grew up with Disneyland, much like the 2nd generation of WDI

That's why The Magic Kingdom is constantly tinkered with to be more like Disneyland, instead of respecting what WED did differently when designing and building it.

Few have an attachment to WDW specifically, outside of maybe EPCOT which is seen as different enough from Disneyland to be considered special.

Gusey

They had the chance to do so while it was closed for TRON, and didn't. Even the TRON tunnel is lackluster.

Doubt they'd do anything now, though I would be happy to be wrong.
Hopefully, if it has to close for villains like it did Tron, they can add something there, potentially replacing the Native American Village which is likely next for the chopping block

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom