News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Quietmouse

Epcot with rope drop is more of a half day park for me than DAK if I factor in shows and walking trails. Showcase walk only take like 90 minutes if I'm really slowly doing stores.

Nothing takes all day in Orlando unless you truly are doing every single thing possible and you are bad at planning. Even MK

I find that hard to believe. The lines alone on crowded days make that very difficult to believe

hopemax

Which is what?
Really?

What is happening now. People who don't want to play Hunger Games games go to Europe, or a cruise. They don't go to WDW at all. Not even the MK. Theme park itches by kids when visiting Grandma in FL, get itched by one of the other options that doesn't require Hunger Games games to experience.

Incomudro

So wait - your example of the general public being stupid (a sentiment I agree with, 50% of people are, after all, dumber than average) is a cartoon?

But its not about being 'stupid', its about Disney building its parks for the majority.
But you don't build for the majority.
That's creating down.
The majority doesn't know what's good.
You build, create etc., and hopefully the people recognize it.

el_super

What is happening now. People who don't want to play Hunger Games games go to Europe, or a cruise. They don't go to WDW at all. Not even the MK. Theme park itches by kids when visiting Grandma in FL, get itched by one of the other options that doesn't require Hunger Games games to experience.

It's a great time to travel internationally. Doesn't really have anything to do with the content of the park. Unless you're suggesting they are just tired of the quintessential Disney experience, and we DO need to look at replacing the castle.

TrainsOfDisney

Nothing takes all day in Orlando unless you truly are doing every single thing possible and you are bad at planning. Even MK
All depends on how you experience the parks too. The seas can be 10 minutes of waiting and riding the Nemo ride or it can be 60+ minutes experiencing the aquarium, watching a dolphin presentation, turtle talk, etc.

I’ve also been told the number of attractions I’ve experienced is “near impossible” without LL and yet I did it without even trying haha.

Advisable Joseph

There's something potentially being announced possibly as soon as next Destination D23 just as work starts on RoA that can be open as early as late 2026 to soften the blow for fans for another park.
I'm literally having trouble parsing this sentence.:(

Is it

There's something ...for another park. (I.e. the project will not be here)

Or

... for fans for another park. (I.e. for fans of another park.)

Is this project connected to
I currently have no pointers it's Imagination. Leaning towards a retheme of RnR.

And, finally, is the project thematicly related to "Muppets"?

Last edited:

disneylandtour

Let me just throw this out there--one of the reasons DCA's Carsland is so detailed and complete is because John Lasseter protected the project through development. I'm not sure the WDW version would have the same level of theming without a very high up exec walking the project through from start to finish and insisting that the project have few, if any, cuts based on cost.

Quietmouse

I'm literally having trouble parsing this sentence.:(

Is it

There's something ...for another park. (I.e. the project will not be in MK)

Or

... for fans for another park. (I.e. for fans of DHS, etc.)

Is this project connected to

And, finally, is the project thematicly related to RoA, if it is to soften the blow? Or did you mean "Muppets"?

I have to imagine it’s the rumored aliens film conversion to the stitch space.

It will probably slightly soften the blow for those upset about losing tsi and the boat.

Grantwil93

I find that hard to believe. The lines alone on crowded days make that very difficult to believe
Let me be clear, I treat the half day criteria like people treat it with DAK. I.e I did 4 rides i wanted and it's 2:30pm.

If I do everything at epcot. It takes all day for me on a typical attendance day. But that includes showcase movies and other stuff. If I just want Rat, Frozen, Guardians, Soarin, and test track, then I'm done by 2pm ish if I rope drop and my Guardians time is good.

Dak takes me all day too if I'm going to rafiki, doing the animal trails, doing all 3 shows, doing every ride, etc.

Grantwil93

All depends on how you experience the parks too. The seas can be 10 minutes of waiting and riding the Nemo ride or it can be 60+ minutes experiencing the aquarium, watching a dolphin presentation, turtle talk, etc.

I’ve also been told the number of attractions I’ve experienced is “near impossible” without LL and yet I did it without even trying haha.
I'm definitely a person who likes to take my time, I just have also shotgunned the parks hitting only the big stuff and the difference between them in terms of time sink using that approach is only super apparent with MK.

el_super

Let me just throw this out there--one of the reasons DCA's Carsland is so detailed and complete is because John Lasseter protected the project through development. I'm not sure the WDW version would have the same level of theming without a very high up exec walking the project through from start to finish and insisting that the project have few, if any, cuts based on cost.

That wasn't necessarily a good thing, considering how much Lasseter overspent to bring back the Flying Sauces for a couple months.

UNCgolf

The interesting thing about the MK argument is that EPCOT's most successful period ever was when it was essentially nothing like the MK. It eventually became outdated and attendance declined, but as they've tried to make it a bit more like the MK over the years with IP, it's never really made a huge difference or brought back the popularity it had in the early years when it was essentially equal with MK in attendance.

I think Disney is better off with the parks being distinct from one another -- but they all need enough to do. MK is a multi-day park right now if people want to do everything it offers; EPCOT is the only other park that's potentially in that category and even that feels like a stretch.

Last edited:

hopemax

It's a great time to travel internationally. Doesn't really have anything to do with the content of the park. Unless you're suggesting they are just tired of the quintessential Disney experience, and we DO need to look at replacing the castle.
Are you suggesting 20 million people were spending upwards of $200 per person to take photos of the Castle?

Or are you saying that 20 million people will continue to spend an ever increasing amount of money, and /or an ever increasing amount of time in standby lines because the Disney experience is *that* good? Despite all the reports from all the people that are still frustrated by it now, when the MK is the least Hunger Gamesy of the parks.

Yes, I'm saying that people will tire of the Disney experience, because it won't be quintessential Disney, it will be "may the odds be ever in your favor."

lazyboy97o

The Riverboat is going away totally, not being docked. There's no place to dock it if they don't have any water.
Richard will almost certainly be joining Joe in the big river in the sky. It makes no sense to put up with the maintenance

Apparently the issue with this is the water needs to be connected to the canal around BTMRR.

I’d be all for it if it were feasible
The lock is there to maintain the water level in the park so that it’s not moving up and down and much as the larger system. The water management system can be altered and it is being altered to remove the Rivers of America. A buried culvert under ground would be able to maintain the connection. But even then, the water could be fully disconnected.

Yeah, Because the ROA at WDW is essentially a wild river attached to the lagoon that they have a dam(the lock)to drain it. As far as i understand it, if you cut it off from the lagoon, it's a stagnant pond with no significant enough infrastructure to filter it, treat it, move the water, etc. And a stagnant pond in the south is a non starter.
There are detention ponds all over the place. They’re not filtered. Some have a fountain to keep the water moving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom