News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

corran horn

BTMRR and the current riverboat loading building as diagnostic to the concept art, this is a hell of a lot of land. We'll perhaps be able to walk in a line-of-sight from BTMRR to HM.

1723664607126.png
1723664624192.png

hopemax

I’m surprised that Marni’s warning earlier in this thread that we’re not done losing beloved attractions didn’t warrant more conversation…

Hall of Pres? Or are they mad enough to do something to Big Thunder? Or something so crazy we can’t even imagine it yet…
I think everyone just assumes it is the Liberty Square references, which IMO, is so closely tied to Frontierland due to the River that it doesn't register as something unique to get worked up about. There is angst about LS, in every post about Frontierland, even if left unsaid.

Mr. Sullivan

I keep seeing comments about how MK has the worst FL, but I honestly don't get it. What makes other FLs more special than MK's? I've been to DL and their FL seemed small and didn't have much more (if anything more) to offer than MK's. Of course, now it will with their shooting arcade, riverboat and island still intact (for now). But I felt underwhelmed with their FL compared to WDW's. Ours always felt so open to me and very "western expansion" like.
Disneyland’s Frontierland has a better Big Thunder Mountain, the explorer canoes, the Columbia, Farasmic!, and a lot less dead space.

Tokyo’s is aesthetically much more lush and better laid out. It is the one that is closest to Magic Kingdom’s and therefore ranks lower but it’s use of space is far better.

Paris’ is the best one to me. The most beautiful, the best BTM in the world, an actual live show in the theater, and Phantom Manor.

Hong Kong’s version is very separate thematically but Grizzly Gulch is absolutely beautiful in evert way.

Magic Kingdom has the lowest tier BTM (it’s good but not on the level the rest are), no live entertainment (unless you count the new Bears show I guess), a ton of dead space because it’s bigger than it needs to be, and a really awkward layout.

FettFan

Blue: maintained as is, potentially with a walkway to the island (Retheme to somthing eg woodys roundup).

Pink: redevelopment as a new land for villainsView attachment 809258

See now this would make too much sense.

The riverboat is PERFECT for traversing LS…heck it’s the one thing that would actually compliment Tiana’s Bayou Adventure in that area. You could even bring back the Tiana musical show.

It also would help shield the new land’s sightlines from the HM queue, AND give a new area to relocate the Native American village.

So easy even a caveman can do it.

lentesta

Premium Member
I’m surprised that Marni’s warning earlier in this thread that we’re not done losing beloved attractions didn’t warrant more conversation…

Hall of Pres? Or are they mad enough to do something to Big Thunder? Or something so crazy we can’t even imagine it yet…

I will bet money that HOP is as good as gone. The US election likely determines how long it has left. And I really do think the leading idea right now is The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History.

@marni1971 Wasn't there some discussion about a National Treasure thing in this area?

Beyond that, I'd refer you to the thread on Monstropolis for other closures, and this article from The Wrap yesterday.

Putting Monstropolis in Muppets Courtyard is the current path. That can change, but it's pretty late in the process. My guess is there's about a week to come up with a viable alternative and explain why taking a month to re-do the paperwork is worth, you know, cutting $5M in Lightning Lane revenue right off the top of the financials.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
View attachment 809336

Pull up a milk crate and sit a spell, young man.

There are people on this thread who have park ponchos older than you.

Half of them have said "I'm still upset about If You Had Wings" to their therapist.

The "Bring Back World of Motion" club meets on Tuesdays at 8. Bring a covered dish.
1723666148320.gif

Some of us still read the "Save the Adventurer's Club!" thread every October...

Last edited:

ctrlaltdel

BTMRR and the current riverboat loading building as diagnostic to the concept art, this is a hell of a lot of land. We'll perhaps be able to walk in a line-of-sight from BTMRR to HM.

View attachment 809358View attachment 809359
I do think there will be a pretty significant attempt to create a new berm for this with trees and a trench. It certainly hurts the sightlines the most from LS since it is attempting to tie-in more with Big Thunder's aesthetic.

Moth

Death waits for no one. I don't expect we'll see any of the Big Dogs (Pirates, Mansion, Small World, Big Thunder) get got, but I feel anything else is a valid target currently, especially since what I'm picking up is that either Adventureland or Tomorrowland is up next.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I will bet money that HOP is as good as gone. The US election likely determines how long it has left. And I really do think the leading idea right now is The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History.
Yep, in that if we have the first American female president, it stays for 4 years with a new AA. In any other scenario, it switches to Muppets.

lentesta

Premium Member
Tbh, I should have clarified my statement-"to anyone here who is younger or newer to WDW that has never lost something they love...". Trust me, I'm still bitter about Horizons and Communicore. I appreciate the young man part, though. I haven't been a young man in about 30 years so I like it. 😄
I was giggling just to use the Samuel L Jackson meme. Thank you.

SirLink

@marni1971 Wasn't there some discussion about a National Treasure thing in this area?

Beyond that, I'd refer you to the thread on Monstropolis for other closures, and this article from The Wrap yesterday.

Putting Monstropolis in Muppets Courtyard is the current path. That can change, but it's pretty late in the process. My guess is there's about a week to come up with a viable alternative and explain why taking a month to re-do the paperwork is worth, you know, cutting $5M in Lightning Lane revenue right off the top of the financials.

If they do replace HoP for The Muppets - their will be backlash not from park fans so much but from the the press with headlines like "Disney hates Liberty", "Disney's unAmerica", etc. Disney has just got over the bad press from their controversial takes and then to take another punch of their own making is foolishness though.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
To all of the people that are completely OK with this change, I will say this: sooner or later, Disney is going to rip out the attraction/land/area that you think is sacred, that you love, that you think is integral to the parks. Only then will you understand how we feel about this change.
This is Disney. There's nothing sacred here.

If you want sacred, head up the road to the Mary Queen of the Universe shrine.

Kamikaze

But you don't build for the majority.
That's creating down.
The majority doesn't know what's good.
You build, create etc., and hopefully the people recognize it.
No... you target the biggest audience and hope for everyone to enjoy it.

Its the same reason new resort hotels are not overflowing with theming - because the majority doesn't always want that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom