News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Chef idea Mickey`=

Be careful, with such a logical solution, you will have a ton of pixie dusters lining up to explain why that can’t work.
It can work. The only difference is would they be able to build all the cars land section without having to close the railroad? If they can build and close it prior to starting Villain's which I assume they can then there's basically no questioning why this can't work if all this has to do with closing the railroad later on only when starting Villain's!

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
It can work. The only difference is would they be able to build all the cars land section without having to close the railroad? If they can build and close it prior to starting Villain's which I assume they can then there's basically no questioning why this can't work if all this has to do with closing the railroad later on only when starting Villain's!
Major Tron flashbacks are spawning… 🫠🫠🫠

TP2000

Getting to Cars Land from the back of Big Thunder is a pretty cool concept thus you can still access it on and out between that and right before one of the entrances to V. Also having a route to Cars there is smart because that plot just West of Big Thunder was intended anyways for Coco to been there I believe so in the future your connecting another land. This blueprint is how you do it the same as you did Disneyland.

Yes. It would also make sense thematically using the same teleprompter speech that Josh D'Amaro gave at D23 last weekend, as Cars takes place in the Desert Southwest, near where Magic Kingdom's Monument Valley inspired Big Thunder Mountain is geographically. In fact, at DCA the Cars Land topography is called "Ornament Valley" in honor of Monument Valley, but themed to the hood ornaments cars used to have in the 20th century. Clever!

It should be noted, I jotted up that plan a few days ago in the late morning on my patio, after only one (1) cup of coffee.

It all seemed so obvious to me, as it likely does to many others here who understand how Disney theme parks were supposed to work for their paying guests.

That map was dubbed "The Smart Way To Run A Park". Unfortunately, what Josh D'Amaro and Bruce Vaughn and whomever makes up the dullard brain trust in TDO these days did instead is what I call "The Dumb Way To Run A Park"; and that's removing the River complex and it's key storytelling potential and 2,500+ riders per hour in favor of a 2,000 riders per hour small version of Cars Land with only two rides plopped where a river used to be.

The people making these current decisions are not showmen, and they are bad at hospitality for their paying customers.

The Dumb Way To Run A Park:
The Dumb Way To Run A Park.jpg

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

D64AC2E7-7FC0-4BC0-9FD5-EF0A0BEDE494.jpeg

This would be, roughly, the fireworks fallout zone.

Anyone know - is the Indian village the line for the fallout zone on the railroad. Once upon a time trains still ran till park close - the Indian Village to Center Drive overpass would be the fallout zone - just wondering if that was an intentional design.

Quietmouse

DL river is better. It has more kinetic energy than DW and is utilized in multiple ways that dw never did. From the canoes, to the different type of boats to the night time show, etc.

When people mention kinetic energy for dw roa it’s essentially a boat that goes in circles. DL on the other hand has legit kinetic energy.

That being said, it’s still pretty and scenic to look at but I don’t really agree with the dw roa brought so much kinetic energy. It really didn’t, especially if you compare it to dl.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom