News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

JD80

1723470523115.png

More fun speculation. But what you might get is all the river below the red line filled in. The river above that will stay in some fashion.

The poorly chosen color of purple I used is probably the start of Villains land somehow. You saw some river/water at the bottom of the concept art.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I don't know of any specific plans. But it is valuable real estate for a low-capacity attraction that's below average in guest satisfaction, makes a lot of noise, and is responsible for a disproportionate number of guest and CM injuries (allegedly).
That's what I am thinking as well, and since it didn't get the rumored TRON overlay, I do wonder if its days are outnumbered. Not to mention the gas smell and noise pollution it causes.

Tha Realest

I don't know of any specific plans. But it is valuable real estate for a low-capacity attraction that's below average in guest satisfaction, makes a lot of noise, and is responsible for a disproportionate number of guest and CM injuries (allegedly).
Because they’ve utilized the valuable Tomorrowland real estate so well already.

IIRC, the move to clean energy Autopia was limited to Disneyland when they announced it last year…

Sneaky

Because Disney’s stewardship of the Muppets demonstrates they know what they’re doing.
I know we aren’t the biggest fan of the muppets handling here, but if we’re being honest with ourselves, if any other major film studio owned them they’d probably be dead and buried by now. Disney is the best case sceneario imo.

dav23

Replacing one of the most iconic sightlines in Disney Parks with talking cars pretty much sums up Disney of today. No respect for the legacy of the park. I'm all for new things and new additions. Nothing to this point has really bothered me. But demoing the Rivers of America - the element that ties together half of the park and the entire soul of Frontierland - is something I just can't support or even understand. Especially replacing it with one of the least respected IP's Disney owns. Ugh...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
View attachment 808599

More fun speculation. But what you might get is all the river below the red line filled in. The river above that will stay in some fashion.

The poorly chosen color of purple I used is probably the start of Villains land somehow. You saw some river/water at the bottom of the concept art.
something I don't think has been discussed yet especially when it comes to Villainsland is the railroad track. It'll be interesting to see what they do there.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Replacing one of the most iconic sightlines in Disney Parks with talking cars pretty much sums up Disney of today. No respect for the legacy of the park. I'm all for new things and new additions. Nothing to this point has really bothered me. But demoing the Rivers of America - the element that ties together half of the park and the entire soul of Frontierland - is something I just can't support or even understand. Especially replacing it with one of the least respected IP's Disney owns. Ugh...
if you thought they cared about the park's legacy... check out the Epcot transformation

JD80

For me it's not TSI, it's the river, the views, the pacing of it all. Gone.

I think there will be views, but different. Not to mention any weenie you may see from Villainsland just "beyond the horizon" that will entice you to walk further.

The water is beautiful and I love walking this at night during fireworks, but it's mostly unused and the park needs capacity. This is best way to do it imo.

McMickeyWorld

No wonder it seemed strange that they didn't show a model at the expo. I don't really like how they abandoned the river, but that didn't justify removing it. I was hoping they would do a treatment like Disneyland's.
GTBIs4xW4AIiajg.jpg

LittleBuford

There is no doubt in my mind that this Cars attraction will be the #1 most popular attraction across all four parks (at least until Villains opens). Absolutely guaranteed.

The land also looks beautiful, so it will ALSO provide character, atmosphere, and beauty.

They're replacing a beautiful, unpopular thing, with something that will be tremendously popular *and is also beautiful.*
What we’re losing, however, is breathing room, and that isn’t unimportant either. Not every inch of “unused” space needs to be filled; in as crowded an environment as the Magic Kingdom, a bit of visual and spatial respite from all the busyness is a wonderful thing.

Disstevefan1

Looking forward to looking at noise, guest satisfaction, injury data 15 years from now if I am alive to read it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom