Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

Mawg

I don't see how their insurance person approves of someone swinging an axe in a fast manner which could potentially slip out of their hands and take out someone's beer.

Yeah, something will happen someday. It's only a matter of time. Even with the best trained, best equipment and every precaution taken accidents happen. Lumberjacks know that there are risks to their trade that are higher than most others, add competition to it and it just multiplies.

I was expecting a Guy out front carving giant pieces of lumber with a chainsaw and then selling them afterwards.

Vegas Disney Fan

Off Kilter was a good band but I'm happy they are adding more variety to Epcot. When I went last year it seemed like every country had a band of some sort, the only ones that I remember having something different were the acrobats in China and the chair stacker in France.

I may be in the minority but I'm much more likely to stop and watch this than I'd be to stop and watch my 5th, 6th, or 7th band of the day.

wedway71

Ok... DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: I grew up riding 4 wheelers, chewing Redman, swimming with Gators in the Swamp, shooting guns, mudding, camping, and most of all drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon....

Ok now being said... this is way too Redneckish for Disney... All kidding aside.. it could have been done a lot better... Many people made the comment about a fair like show... this is at best Fair like quality.

NewfieFan

This is definitely too Redneckish for Disney! And I can say that too... I live in a place where people go to school on their quads (4 wheelers). It's just... I don't know... not up to Disney standards. It screams local entertainment, not entertainment I just paid a $100 for. I was also bored. I keep skipping ahead on the video to wait for something exciting to happen. And it never did. Not saying the lads aren't talented but the show needs more excitement.

wedway71

I can See Walt Disney spinning in his grave screaming.. "WHAT IN THE SAM HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY BELOVED EPCOT????!!!!!"

note2001

This is terrible. I'd watch this at a flea market, not at Walt Disney World where you spend over 100 dollars just to get in the front door.

I am not against the performers, I really do want to see these guys succeed. I tried to watch the video, still have it open in another window, but, like others, I also keep forwarding the video.

Instead of complaining, I'll attempt to offer helpful criticism. The show needs an overhaul starting with the MC, dragging out the affair the way he does in this video isn't working. It needs more energy, keep it moving. Add in some music, and some pizazz. If Disney's committed to making this work, they need to change out some of the guys or at least teach them how to act in front of a crowd. Add a funny script, put in a log rolling setup, eliminate the chainsaws and, in general, make it something people are going to think: "I am so glad I saw that. I need to tell someone else to stop by and watch."

Oh, and stop with the phoney french.

Last edited:

stevebwv

I am not against the performers, I really do want to see these guys succeed, but that show needs an overhaul, starting with the MC. Dragging the affair out isn't going to work. It needs more energy, some music, and some pizzaz.
And some true skills. This was simply a random group of men in plaid acting as lumberjacks (and doing a poor job of it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom