Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

Next Big Thing

I don't think it's bad per say (and I think the show will definitely draw interest from people passing by), but at the same time it's nothing spectacular either.

However, I wasn't an Off Kilter fan, so I don't really care as much about them being gone. It's just the replacement could've been better.

The average Honey Boo Boo/Duck Dynasty loving WDW crowd will love it though, and i'm sure that's what they were going for with this.

rct247

I just watched the video. For the first performance, it looks like they have some tweaking to do. If all the shows are like this though, I don't know if it will be a hit. There wasn't much to get excited about. It'll be interesting to see how it evolves and how long it sticks around. My opinion so far is "meh".

SirLink

I can see why they went a show that belongs at a local country fair than WDW or any theme park in any country ... so it gets bad guest satisfaction scores - if it scores high someone is truly fiddling the numbers more than they usually do - they can just say something like "Guest numbers show that people have no interest in entertainment at Canada in World Showcase© and shows we should cut the budget at this location to improve our overall performance score by .2 points for our yearly bonus performance pay."

danv3

It's pathetic because it's a small stage with a poor host and is slowly paced. Need more action to make it watchable beyond the skill necessary to throw an ax and run a crosscut saw quickly. I do like lumberjack competitions, this was at best a poor exhibition.

Stage is definitely too small for this type of show. That's one of the problems.

FettFan

Just watched the video....and it's kind of disappointing.

I was kind of hoping it would be a bit of a variety show, kind of like a lumberjack-themed version of Hoop De Doo, that could keep the same momentum that Off Kilter had.

A little song,

little dance,
seven-brides-barn-dance-o.gif

then some axes and chainsaws and other lumberjack activities.

Here's hoping they improve things a bit.

Because seeing who can wield the fastest chainsaw isn't exactly exciting for anyone who lives in the Gulf south.
tumblr_lqpct17nP11qmkxx9o1_500.jpg

tigger1968

The biggest theme park operator on the planet and they come up with this. #embarassment

I think that sums it up for me pretty well. I was totally furious with the firings of the entertainment and still am. But it's done. But THIS? This is the best that TDO can do? I realize this was a cost cutting move...but to bring in some cut rate show that literally was playing the county fair circuit? Maybe TDO could have made some sort of effort to find something actually entertaining.

On the numerous gripes about how this is environmentally unfriendly...get over yourselves....it's not about that and you know it. It's about being hacked off and looking for a reason to complain about the loss of Off Kilter, etc, and the lack of suitable replacements, so don't make this about more than that. If you want to complain, then make it about the shows, or lack of, themselves. Just sayin. :rolleyes:

Tom

Beta Return
Just saw the video of the show. I just kept hoping it was a joke, because it was just plain awful. Not a second of entertainment. I would be embarrassed if I were the person who chose that as the replacement for Off Kilter.

I guarantee their contract/pay is resulting in a significant savings to TDO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom