Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I envision 3 product offerings
  1. I got morning wood at rope drop.
  2. I got evening wood at Illuminations.
  3. I got wood at the Lumberjacks.
Each on a t shirt with an image of SSE in the background.

How about a t-shirt that says "Put both hands on my wood"? ;)

tirian

How many want to bet that TDO says that "according to guest survey's it has a high guest satisfaction rating"

The review will come from a 20-something, low-level manager in badly fitted clothes and designer sunglasses.

I have just tried to watch the video, I say tried as I had to skip ahead a few times in order not to be bored out of my mind. Off Kilter aside, I cant think this will be a smashing success with anyone. It looks cheap and amateurish. I would ask what anyone was thinking when they hired this act, but it was pretty clear they werent. Bring on the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs!!!! That should be a great step up considering!!! Marie

I agree 100%.

imagineer boy

Okay, so I finally watched the video and all I can say is BORING. Like everyone else on here has said, this is really only fit for a county fair and not for Disney World. I wouldn't go so far to say that the show its self is bad per se as the guys really are giving it their all. It's just not fit for WDW quality.

And I have two words for the MC: Jenny Craig.

Cmdr_Crimson

I envision 3 product offerings
  1. I got morning wood at rope drop.
  2. I got evening wood at Illuminations.
  3. I got wood at the Lumberjacks.
Each on a t shirt with an image of SSE in the background.

How about this one..
323.png

DABIGCHEEZ

I'm sure this will be cancelled in a month or so after a misguided axe flys off stage..
61WPuF4SFJL._UY679_.jpg
Or sooner when people get up and leave 5-10 minutes in. Just awful. Whoever hired this extremely poor excuse of a show/entertainment should be fired immediately. Just laughable that something this lame would be in a Disney park... but nothing surprises me these days( actually last few years).

But the way WDW Suits will see it.. we hired all this new entertainment, so it seems we need to justify that with a price increase!

Minthorne

JUst to be clear - if you repeatedly use "fat slob" in your criticism you are saying that no overweight person should ever perform. Ursula the sea witch may be upset....

By the way our definitions are the same silly Mine was Wikipedia!

Not a very good definition.
Try Merriam-webster instead of the mindlessly grabbing the first link that shows up in google -
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad hominem

"marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made"

I need to be *debating* the performers in order for them to be my 'opponent'. Moreover, I'm not attacking their character. I'm attacking their show - which is very much my point of contention here. VERY different.

The show presents unskilled, overweight men masquerading as 'lumberjacks'. The first 4 axe throws in the show barely hit the target. One throw missed completely. Unskilled. Slovenly. Sorry....it's a show. The performer and his/her appearance of competency matters. Would you think me attacking the character of an overweight character CM trying to unsuccessfully portray goofy?

Don't bother responding....Im not debating this further.

DManRightHere

Just watched the video. A few things.

This show is aimed to the little ones

Maybe it will get better, think tv pilots.

They can have more options for shows

I'd like to see a chainsaw artist that makes totums and such to sell!

It wasn't that bad, but wasn't that good.

Nubs70

Just watched the video. A few things.

This show is aimed to the little ones

Maybe it will get better, think tv pilots.

They can have more options for shows

I'd like to see a chainsaw artist that makes totums and such to sell!

It wasn't that bad, but wasn't that good.
But there are only so many ways to cut wood

backinaction

Once again, TDO is banking on the fact the first time visitor to epcot wont notice the major drop in quality of the shows around world showcase and to a certain extent I think they are right. I like Mo rockin as much as the next guy, but is anyone really planning a trip to disney around their set list? Is a first time visitor even going to know what off kilter is? It looks like its going to be more lumberjack shows and frozen tie-ins for awhile. It's sad but I feel like Disney is catering more and more to the first time visitor because they dump a ton of money on the trip, while annual passholders usually don't.

Fractal514

You both have partially misunderstood me. Among other causes, I am particularly passionate about the conservation of plant life. Although Disney still prints maps, they do offer other options such as Disney phone apps that I would like to think include maps--reducing the amount of trees cut down for educating purposes--not entertainment. They've also eliminated paper fast-passes. I consider the trees sentient beings and just because Disney uses LP Gas for their show, it doesn't justify them to also advocate the cutting down of trees so that people can cheer on someone to cut/chop a log quicker than their opponent. LP Gas is a by-product of prehistoric decomposition; trees are living organisms. And yes, I do know that Disney removes living plants they no longer deem useful, however, I would like to think that they are composted for use by future plants. Composting trees is very time consuming and requires a lot of effort and I don't think that is what the future holds for these cast-off logs.
Like PirateFrank said: Don't bother responding...I'm not debating this further.

No, I have to respond, sorry, you can choose not to respond if you so desire, but I'm going to make that decision for myself, thanks. I mean, this is a forum whose entire purpose is the sharing and contrasting of ideas, what is the point of sharing something if you aren't open to discussing it?

Anyway, why do you think that these trees won't end up composted? I have seen nothing to indicate what would happen to these trees post performance, but I think what you have suggested is just as likely as any other fate that might befall the fallen flora in Florida.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Yikes.

Gonna have to whip out the Occam's razor here and offer another scenario.

I'm wondering why so many of us are talking about how this will play out or that TDO will manufacture good reviews? They cut payroll by switching out groups. You know what really cuts payroll? Cutting the live entertainment completely.

I'm not here with any proof or whispers of rumors, I just happen to think that it's plausible that these new offerings (the lumberjacks and the traditional Moroccan singers specifically) might be perfect for getting the low reviews that will "prove" that live entertainment at Epcot doesn't work so "why not save the money and cut the whole thing?"

It's essentially the plot of "Major League."

But no move to Miami...lol

scottnj1966

Are they even trying at Disney or is all about cutting the budget in all departments.
I hate to say this but that show is boring.
I always enjoyed all the little things the parks had to amuse us. Disney don't forget lots of your guests either don't ride or cannot ride some of your big budget rides. You are hurting your image each and every year when you cut more and more.

TalkingHead

Who thought this was a good idea? A show geared at kids all about throwing axes and chainsaw racing? Brilliant idea.

It looks like something you'd find in Pigeon Forge or Branson, Missouri.

It also reminds me of the famous Rolling Stone review of a critically-maligned Bob Dylan album.

It was four words long: "What is this" were the first three words. The fourth word had four letters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom