Can Spaceship Earth be converted to another ride?

ToTBellHop

Can you imagine going to Epcot for FIVE years and seeing World of Motion (and Test Track) closed? Wait a minute...1994-1999...Epcot's done worse:) And I don't think it would take a full 3 years anyway...the building is already there...

Goofster

Although Consumer reports does think Epcot is the best amusement/theme park in the country, I'd have to say a lot needs to be changed before the general public embraces Epcot. Let's look at the pavillions and their current conditions.
UoE - recently updated, I love the show, and it uses cool theater technology, and an awesome movie system that makes the ride thrilling even though your car never moves fast. So, it's in good shape
WondersofLife - ohh please, Disney, save this place
M:Space - gonna be great, best ride in orlando and very educational at the same time
Test Track - great, thrilling, reasonably educational
Imagination! - just updated figment, and still great HISTA
Land - not in need of help as much as WoL or Living Seas, but could use some improvements
Living Seas - well, it's an aquarium with a great restaurant, it could definitely use some help
Spaceship Earth - it's a good, educational, interesting ride, but Disney definitely wants SE to be one of the experiences in Epcot that people rave about and can define the fun, exciting, educational day guests are about to embark on.

On that note, I know the filmmakers at WDI are involved in Time Racers in a big way, so my hope for this ride would be that it would have some speed, but would also use video like in UoE to simulate high speed movement. Okay then, I hope this post wasn't a whole lotta nothing, but the point is, the Epcot of today, is not the EPCOT Center of the 1980's, whether you like it or not, the community has changed, and it needs a new Spaceship Earth to help define this new park.

Tim G

Originally posted by Goofster
Although Consumer reports does think Epcot is the best amusement/theme park in the country, I'd have to say a lot needs to be changed before the general public embraces Epcot. Let's look at the pavillions and their current conditions.
UoE - recently updated, I love the show, and it uses cool theater technology, and an awesome movie system that makes the ride thrilling even though your car never moves fast. So, it's in good shape
WondersofLife - ohh please, Disney, save this place
M:Space - gonna be great, best ride in orlando and very educational at the same time
Test Track - great, thrilling, reasonably educational
Imagination! - just updated figment, and still great HISTA
Land - not in need of help as much as WoL or Living Seas, but could use some improvements
Living Seas - well, it's an aquarium with a great restaurant, it could definitely use some help
Spaceship Earth - it's a good, educational, interesting ride, but Disney definitely wants SE to be one of the experiences in Epcot that people rave about and can define the fun, exciting, educational day guests are about to embark on.

On that note, I know the filmmakers at WDI are involved in Time Racers in a big way, so my hope for this ride would be that it would have some speed, but would also use video like in UoE to simulate high speed movement. Okay then, I hope this post wasn't a whole lotta nothing, but the point is, the Epcot of today, is not the EPCOT Center of the 1980's, whether you like it or not, the community has changed, and it needs a new Spaceship Earth to help define this new park.

huuuuooooaaaa!!!!

Do I sense negative waves???

Goofster

Originally posted by Corrus
huuuuooooaaaa!!!!

Do I sense negative waves???

Oh no, no, I'm sorry, did that sound negative? Yeah, lol, I guess it did. I love Spaceship Earth, but it seems to me the opening of Mission: Space is going to completely change Epcot, and this new Epcot, could probably use a "new spaceship earth", as long as it keeps the fun, educational atmosphere that the current one has.

On that note, they should just bulldoze Wonders of Life and start over. the other pavillions are fine as is, with a little help given to the living seas.

Dayma

Original Poster
On that note, they should just bulldoze Wonders of Life and start over. the other pavillions are fine as is, with a little help given to the living seas.

I agree in need of more help than SSE but that is just my opinion!

EpcoTim

Id like to see it redone, but not as a rollercoaster. Id like the same style ride, just updated. New animitronics, new ride system, but same old SE. I really hope they dont ruin this ride. Rollercoasters are great and all, but they just wont work in the SE formula.

Tim G

Originally posted by EpcoTim
Id like to see it redone, but not as a rollercoaster. Id like the same style ride, just updated. New animitronics, new ride system, but same old SE. I really hope they dont ruin this ride. Rollercoasters are great and all, but they just wont work in the SE formula.
No one ever stated it was going to be a rollercoaster...:D
People in some threads did...

MinnieMom

I really hope they don't make this a thrill ride. I agree - update the ride but leave it a slow-paced dark ride. There are already too many things my children cannot ride - they love Spaceship Earth! So Do I!!! :(

MouseMadness

Originally posted by MinnieMom
I really hope they don't make this a thrill ride. I agree - update the ride but leave it a slow-paced dark ride. There are already too many things my children cannot ride - they love Spaceship Earth! So Do I!!! :(

Yay, Minniemom!! I agree wholeheartedly!:sohappy: :wave:

jmarc63

I'm not in favor of changing SE to a coaster, I would like to see the attraction tweeked and newer technoloy ride system installed,

However if they were to change the attraction inside, some structual changes would have to be configured and built

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
spaceship earth can easily be a roller coaster, by i highly doubt it will ever change from a dark ride. the best change you can expect from it is a walking tour when the ride breaks down and everything else still works, and a cast member explains everything during the rest of your tour :D

ChrisFL

Premium Member
spaceship earth can easily be a roller coaster, by i highly doubt it will ever change from a dark ride. the best change you can expect from it is a walking tour when the ride breaks down and everything else still works, and a cast member explains everything during the rest of your tour :D

:confused:

way to bring up an ancient thread!

:shrug:

WDITrent

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
How...?

IT'S A WONDER OF LIFE! A seven-year old thread raised from the dead!

But seriously, WondersOfLife, it's like if you were to send a letter to someone who's been dead seven years. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom