Can Spaceship Earth be converted to another ride?

darthdarrel

OMG!:eek: I guess I am brave LOL! The last ride that I even screamed on was the Millenium force and that was cause The g forces were so strong I was starting to pass out!:(

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by darthdarrel
OMG!:eek: I guess I am brave LOL! The last ride that I even screamed on was the Millenium force and that was cause The g forces were so strong I was starting to pass out!:(

You are the first person I've ever met who doesn't at least scream on the Tower of Terror:cool:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
While I do think SE needs a rehab, to turn it into a thrill is something I don't think WDW management and the Imagineers are planning. SE is the signature attraction at EPCOT. While it's lost it's luster over the years, and it may not attract the HUGE crowds that it used to, SE needs to be an attraction that appeals to EVERY Epcot guest. To design something that would restrict access to some younger guests (because of height requirements) as well as discourage non-thrill riders, would be a huge mistake on Disney's part. Sure, use cutting-edge technology and make it amazing, but make it accessible to all.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by steve2wdw
While I do think SE needs a rehab, to turn it into a thrill is something I don't think WDW management and the Imagineers are planning. SE is the signature attraction at EPCOT. While it's lost it's luster over the years, and it may not attract the HUGE crowds that it used to, SE needs to be an attraction that appeals to EVERY Epcot guest. To design something that would restrict access to some younger guests (because of height requirements) as well as discourage non-thrill riders, would be a huge mistake on Disney's part. Sure, use cutting-edge technology and make it amazing, but make it accessible to all.

While all signature rides do not have height requirements, many do, so I'll list em all and notice the number that have height reqs:

Magic Kingdom
1) Pirates
2) Haunted Mansion
3) Jungle Cruise
4) Splash Mountain
5) Thunder Mountain
6) Peter Pan
7) Space Mountain

Epcot
1) Spaceship Earth
2) Test Track
3) Mission: SPACE
4) American Adventure
5) Maelstrom (maybe?)

MGM
1) Great Movie Ride
2) Tower of Terror
3) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
4) Fantasmic!
5) Studios Backlot Tour

Animal Kingdom
1) DINOSAUR
2) It's Tough
3) Kali
4) Kilimanjaro Safaris
5) Lion King
6) EVEREST

darthdarrel

Originally posted by DogsRule!
You are the first person I've ever met who doesn't at least scream on the Tower of Terror:cool:
To prove it here are a few ride pictures of me! LOL!:lol: In this picture I am the tall guy in the middle lol!

Attachments

• darrel batman ride.jpg
    darrel batman ride.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 164

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by darthdarrel
To prove it here are a few ride pictures of me! LOL!:lol: In this picture I am the tall guy in the middle lol!

Oooooh. Batman Knight Flight. I've been on that! Great ride!

walthimself05

Don't play stupid with me...

Magic Kingdom--Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain

MGM--Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Star Tours

Animal Kingdom--DINOSAUR, Primeval Whirl!, Kali River Rapids, soon to be EVEREST

Epcot--Test Track (soon to be SPACE)

wats everest?????:veryconfu

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by walthimself05
wats everest?????:veryconfu

hmmm...it's a little project Disney is undertaking...you know, 200 foot mountain with a roller coaster inside, beginning explorations in 2006. Check www.wdwmagic.com for the latest updates under Expedition EVEREST.

kaos

hmmm...it's a little project Disney is undertaking...you know, 200 foot mountain with a roller coaster inside, beginning explorations in 2006. Check www.wdwmagic.com for the latest updates under Expedition EVEREST.

Now that I am back, I just want to say that if someone on here doesn't know, why be snide about it???

:veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

Tim G

hmmm...it's a little project Disney is undertaking...you know, 200 foot mountain with a roller coaster inside, beginning explorations in 2006.

oh.... THAT thingy... :lol: LOL :lol:

Tim G

Originally posted by kaos
Now that I am back, I just want to say that if someone on here doesn't know, why be snide about it???

:veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

He didn't meant it that way....

Dizknee_Phreek

steve2wdw, i couldn't agree with you more! thrill rides are nice and all, but they limit SO many people from riding. not to mention, they don't give you that nice relaxed feeling after a long day at Disney like the continuous moving dark rides can! i still say it'd be a bad idea to leave only one true dark ride in FW.

and DogsRule, you're right, SOME signature rides have height requirements, but many more don't. now, if any of the following is incorrect, forgive me...it's been a long time since i've had to keep up with height req.
notice the odds according to your list (as i'm sure you already have):

MK- 3 HReq attractions out of 7 sig. attractions

Epcot- 2 (maybe 3) HReq attractions out of 5 or so sig. attractions

MGM- 3 HReq out of 5 sig. (obviously, the odds are against the classic dark rides here)

AK- 3 (maybe 4) HReq out of 6 sig.

it's true that MK would logically have more slow moving non-HReq attractions due to Fanatasyland, Mickey's Toontown and the whole families with small children aspect....but why make MK even more crowded than it is by forcing parents to take their under HReq children to MK during most of their trip? disperse the crowd! adding more thrill attractions won't solve anything. sure, it'll drag in many of the teens and young adults, but what about the kids? they'd get bored with all the thrill rides about. it seems to me that Disney is starting to have the problem of balance, or lack thereof. instead of letting one park dominate thrill attractions while another park dominates slow-moving attractions, they need to have equality between both in ALL the parks.

Mr D

I said it once so I'll say it again cause NOBODY LIKED IT:lol:

Turn SE into a TREASURE PLANET! ride, with portals to other worlds.

But maybe thats cause I just had to see it for a third time now:D

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Mr D
I said it once so I'll say it again cause NOBODY LIKED IT:lol:

Turn SE into a TREASURE PLANET! ride, with portals to other worlds.

But maybe thats cause I just had to see it for a third time now:D
Nobody liked what?

Hurricane

It should stay as it has, cheesy smoke smell and everything. Spaceship earth is a pillar that supports epcot, without it the cohesive message of the park is lost, and with it the last remaining shred of Walt's vision

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom