Can Spaceship Earth be converted to another ride?

mickey2008.1

Why now? SSE is great! regardless of the ending. Burning rome smell, sistine chappel, steve jobs, hitler and jesse owens, its all great. never leaving.

Thrill Seeker

I thought I read somewhere that Siemens wanted to convert SSE into a thrill ride when they took over sponsorship, but couldn't because the current track is attatched to the sphere in such a way that if the ride system was removed, the ball would come crashing down...

DisneyMusician2

Yeah, horrifying is exactly the right word for it. When will people get it through their heads that Epcot is not all about thrill rides?

That being said, M:S gives me a chance to pretend I'm blasting into space, which I've ALWAYS wanted to do.... I'm not sure if we consider a spinning simulator a thrill ride or not...

The Mom

Premium Member
This morning my husband asked "What do people on a discussion forum mean when they call something a Zombie Thread?" I showed him this one. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought I read somewhere that Siemens wanted to convert SSE into a thrill ride when they took over sponsorship, but couldn't because the current track is attatched to the sphere in such a way that if the ride system was removed, the ball would come crashing down...
If you`d read some more you`d find that is not true.

Not even 7 years later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom