Can Anyone believe this?!

Mgkcjohnson

You know, I just went back and reread a bunch of this thread. Most of what I read was a big disappointment. Speck, I just disagree with most of your reasoning. I am not going to go back and point out what I disagree with, I am tired of this debate. The bottom line is I feel like the photographer made a very bad decision when he let the child go with a complete stranger, if in fact it was a complete stranger. I feel like park personnel should be responsible to a certain extent in helping lost children, call me crazy. Yes, the parent is ultimately responsible for losing the child, but that is not abandonment, as speck mentioned at one point. Good parents sometimes get distracted and a child scampers away. By having an employee help, does not mean I suddenly expect someone else to take responsibilty for my child because I am lazy... I would be very appreciative for the help, because unfortunately there are too many people out there that would not help at all. This thread just shows that the world is just filled with good hearted selfless people and others that really only care about themselves... sad but true.

Shaman

Mgkcjohnson said:
You know, I just went back and reread a bunch of this thread. Most of what I read was a big disappointment. Speck, I just disagree with most of your reasoning. I am not going to go back and point out what I disagree with, I am tired of this debate. The bottom line is I feel like the photographer made a very bad decision when he let the child go with a complete stranger, if in fact it was a complete stranger. I feel like park personnel should be responsible to a certain extent in helping lost children, call me crazy. Yes, the parent is ultimately responsible for losing the child, but that is not abandonment, as speck mentioned at one point. Good parents sometimes get distracted and a child scampers away. By having an employee help, does not mean I suddenly expect someone else to take responsibilty for my child because I am lazy... I would be very appreciative for the help, because unfortunately there are too many people out there that would not help at all. This thread just shows that the world is just filled with good hearted selfless people and others that really only care about themselves... sad but true.

He who is without sin cast the first stone...

;)

Aurora_25

I am laughing so hard right now....

Ok, seriously though- I have to admit this- my DD when she was 2 1/2 I took her to Disney with my parents and (no she did not run away from me....) when she saw Prince Charming (and pretty much any male adult) she freaked out- Honestly, I don't know why, but it happened, and you don't know- maybe that was what happened with this child- he was freaking out because Cecil was a adult male??? Again- we don't know the "whole" story and there is alot left out

speck76

Mgkcjohnson said:
Good parents sometimes get distracted and a child scampers away.

But to a good parent, what is more important than the safety and well-being of their child? Is taking a picture more important? Grabbing a Fastpass?

I am not a parent, so (according to you) I can not have an opinion here...so I ask:

"What could be more important to a parent than the safety of their child?"

If the answer is "nothing is more important" then how would the good parent lose the child? If you do not know where the child is, then how can you protect it?

If the answer is "some things are more important", then I question your beliefs on what good parenting is all about.

If the answer is "nothing is more important, but mistakes can and do happen", well, that brings me back to Cecil perhaps making a mistake.

Aurora_25

speck76 said:
But to a good parent, what is more important than the safety and well-being of their child? Is taking a picture more important? Grabbing a Fastpass?

I am not a parent, so (according to you) I can not have an opinion here...so I ask:

"What could be more important to a parent than the safety of their child?"

If the answer is "nothing is more important" then how would the good parent lose the child? If you do not know where the child is, then how can you protect it?

If the answer is "some things are more important", then I question your beliefs on what good parenting is all about.

If the answer is "nothing is more important, but mistakes can and do happen", well, that brings me back to Cecil perhaps making a mistake.

:sohappy: :sohappy: Totally agree with this post (yes, I am a parent.....)

Gucci65

WHO CARES ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cecil was uncaring............

The kid was noisey...........

The parent was brainless..........

Speck is the devil.............

Don't force me to post another meaningless post! j/k :p
Bye yal, have a great weekend!!!!

Deaclaw

Speck exhibits what is known as the Kitty Genovese syndrome and it is not a flattering portrayal of humanity...If you don't know the story, you can google it and find the answer....."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom