Can Anyone believe this?!

Tom

Beta Return
speck76 said:
It is sad that we have to "wall ourselves in" to be protected for lawsuits.

There is always the story of the burgler that sued the homeowners of the house he was robbing because he fell and hurt himself.....he won :veryconfu :( :mad:

Yes, it's a sad society we live in where everyone is sue-happy. "It's never my fault - always someone else's."

I read the first two pages of this crap, and skipped the last 5. I don't know how many people have said this already, but here is my input:

We have no idea what the situation really was - just a report from a partial eye-witness. Perhaps this guy WAS going to head to GR but this woman (who obviously had a family with her and was a nice lady) offered to do that for him. The Thread-Starter couldn't read his mind - so he may have been going through his brain's database of rules he's been taught, trying to figure out what to do. Some people don't handle sudden stressful situations well - and I don't think that should be a requirement for hiring an elderly photographer. Perhaps he was freaked out. If I was just strolling along, taking pictures, and a little screaming kid came running up to me - I'd have to gather my thoughts before I could make a rational decision. Sure, I wouldn't just throw the kid to the first person who walked by and said, "here take this damn kid to GR!" - but if an entire family came up and offered to take him to GR, I don't think I'd be too worried about it. Now if my training specifically said to take them there myself, I'd do it, but if I was just some contracted employee and it happened, and someone like her offered to help me eliminate the problem, I might take her up on it. A family in WDW doesn't fit any kidnapping profiles I've seen.

On the blame game: WDW is not to blame for the lost kid - the parents are. I'm 24 - no kids, but I have enough common sense to know that kids WILL get lost sometime in their lives. Even the best and most protective parent in the world can lose a kid - especially in a crazy place like WDW. It happens - period. So the lost kid blame lays solely on mom and dad. We do NOT know if this guy was a WDW employee or a Kodak employee - for sure. We also do not know what training he's had. If he was just put there by Kodak, we can't really blame him for not following WDW rules on lost kids - if he didn't know them. Sure, one can argue the common sense issue from above that he should have not given the kid to a stranger, but he may have used the same logic that I would have, noticing that it was an entire friggin family that helped, not some loner.

We can discuss our beliefs on frivalous lawsuits, responsibilites, laws, rules and ignorance all day on here - but not one of us on here has the right to pre-judge Disney, Photo Man, Mom, or Junior without having been there, in person, to witness 100% of the situation.

daveemtdave

I believe you have really made a good conclusion....my only thought is, the OP keeps adding information as this post went on - I do believe there is more to this whole story than we are getting...................obviously the only ones who actually know what was taking place was those directly involved and I do not believe the OP was that involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom