Bye Snow White

Snow White and Jungle Cruise are great originals that always seem to have a 1-2 hour wait time by the afternoon. What a wise decision it would be to replace these wonderful and HEAVILY used attractions! If anything it would be wise to use unused space and expand with a new ride in the Magic Kingdom rather than replace a beloved old ride with some new replacement of a current movie that has yet to show the sustained power of a Snow White or Jungle Cruise!

What about an attraction where our beloved 20,000 leagues was? Maybe a revamped and explosive new 20,000 leagues or a Little Mermaid water ride attraction? At least do this before even contemplating the demise of great and very POPULAR "old" attractions like Snow White and the Jungle Cruise---which by the way have far greater attendance than the "newer" and much more exspensive Alien Encounter in Tomorrowland which has already lost its sustaining power! Go figure! :rolleyes:

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Sweetums

How come the person who claims everything is "stale" has an avatar of an attraction that's been around since 1971?

Ooooooh, I got ya good that time!!!

:cool: <-----me

:lol: :lol: :lol: You GO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by Sweetums

How come the person who claims everything is "stale" has an avatar of an attraction that's been around since 1971?

Ooooooh, I got ya good that time!!!

:cool: <-----me

Uhoh...shades of Smackdown!!! :D :lol:

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Originally posted by thedisneyfan
Snow White and Jungle Cruise are great originals that always seem to have a 1-2 hour wait time by the afternoon. What a wise decision it would be to replace these wonderful and HEAVILY used attractions!

Well, you're partly right. Snow White is a great original....but Jungle Cruise is definitely not. It would be extremely wise to replace this piece of crap, waste-of-time attraction. Snow White may stay.

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
So where'd you get the new avatar?

I pulled a self jpg I had and shrunk it down to fit the board requirements as an interim avatar. I've touched base with TurboGames and I've expressed an idea to him. As long as he doesn't give up on his schooling first....

BTW: Sorry for the touch of thread drift folks. :)

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Sweetums- That was really funny! Lets be friends. Next time we are at Disney World lets ride the Snow White attraction........together. We can marvel at the cardboard cut outs that dart in front of us and the Disney Store-like Mannequins that turn around to scare us. We will wonder why the Witch speaks but her mouth doesn't move and we will be thankful that even though the technology is available to make the attraction better, it will always stay the same.

TiggersPooh

Originally posted by Jekyll
Due to the Structure the water is actually holding up the walls of 20,000 leagues if it is to be removed that would cause the whole lagoon to colapse.

so what is it going to just sit there FOREVER?? They should just shutup and deal with it now and not leave it just sitting there while the problem gets worse!

Mr.MouseFan

<b>
Due to the Structure the water is actually holding up the walls of 20,000 leagues if it is to be removed that would cause the whole lagoon to colapse.
</b>

I realize that this technically would be an engineering nightmare. That being said, I simply refuse to believe that the folks in imagineering who do all the "magical" things they do, can not find a way to support the walls and safely empty the lagoon while keeping the park open at the same time.

Originally posted by YankeeFan

Well, you're partly right. Snow White is a great original....but Jungle Cruise is definitely not. It would be extremely wise to replace this piece of crap, waste-of-time attraction. Snow White may stay.

At least your halfway there! :)

mickeykid79

Perhaps Snow white does need an upgrade in its technology, maybe rename it "Snow White's Scary Adventure Tour" or "Snow White II:the adventure continues" since Disney is so keen on sequels.Add a drop, kinda like the one Snow white takes in the forest.Or a runaway mine ride throught the dwarfs' mine. The 20k lagoon, turned it into Peter Pan 2:return to neverland. HA HA HA.
I believe the cutouts and mannequins used in the rides are to cater for young kids not for older adults.I remember when i was a kid it use to scare me when the witch turned around.Now that im an adult, I can see the set lighting, the tracks, and strings. So frankly its a matter of perspective.Maybe the next time you go on it, slide down in the seat and look at the ride from a kids point of view.:king:

Jekyll

Originally posted by TiggersPooh
[
so what is it going to just sit there FOREVER?? They should just shutup and deal with it now and not leave it just sitting there while the problem gets worse! [/B]

Agreed Friend, it just doesn't seem fesible at this juncture plus with lower park admissions and a low stock price I don't see disney fixing this latest I sore at anytime.

-J

Sweetums

Originally posted by JungleJim
Sweetums- That was really funny! Lets be friends. Next time we are at Disney World lets ride the Snow White attraction........together. We can marvel at the cardboard cut outs that dart in front of us and the Disney Store-like Mannequins that turn around to scare us. We will wonder why the Witch speaks but her mouth doesn't move and we will be thankful that even though the technology is available to make the attraction better, it will always stay the same.

In a perfect world, we would not only be friends, but we would have the chance to marvel together at the King of Cardboard Cutouts. I am speaking of course about......DELTA DREAMFLIGHT!! :p

CowGirlJessie

Originally posted by JungleJim
I love the classic Disney Attractions, but its time for some to be replaced. I think the new Pooh ride was a good replacement for Toad. Now shouldn't Snow White's Adventures be next. If they could put in a Toy Story ride in its place would anyone care???

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE SNOW WHITE!!!!!!! That is one of my favorite rides to go on at Disney World. If they would take out that ride, they would be crushing my childhood memories....ok, not really. It would just bum me out for awhile. And then I would probably love the ride that would replace it. But there would be a ten minute period where I would be inconsolable. :drevil: :mad: ha ha ha

kaos

Originally posted by Jekyll

Agreed Friend, it just doesn't seem fesible at this juncture plus with lower park admissions and a low stock price I don't see disney fixing this latest I sore at anytime.

-J

There have been NUMEROUS threads about 20K lagoon. For all ya that just joined, Welcome Aboard-- Please stand clear of the doors. :hammer:

Do a quick thread search and take a gander at some of the old 20K threads. You'll be amazed at the info there and it will help explain why the lagoons sit empty at BOTH WDW and DL (similar at DL...)

A good thing though... With the creation of Tokyo DisneySea, Imagineers have discovered the secrets of water retention and how to design attractions so that something like 20K does not happen again.

Happy Reading---

OFF TOPIC---
Does anyone have a pic or three of the inside of the 20K warehouse??? I've always been curious of the ride track design and layout, ans well as what the interior of the building looks like(we already know what it smells like...)

dreamer

I think a technology update for Snow White and similar rides would be great. That would be better than changing the theme of the ride.

It's just a matter of whether Disney can finance the change and whether they believe the improvements will be profitable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom