Bye Snow White

Terp02

I don't think Snow White should go at all. I think it's the best dark ride in the park. 20K Leagues Lagoon should have something besides the grotto there, but I have no clue what to put there, nor do I think Disney does either. Now the one thing that needs a MAJOR overhaul is the Tiki Room Under New Management. It should be turned back to the old Tiki Room or burned to the ground for being a pile of $hit. I hadn't seen it for a couple of years until we went in Feb 2001 and my brother and I saw it. Let me say I was DISGRACED! It was the first time I've ever walked out of the attraction. Man do I hate how they made it so damn cheesy:mad: .

Katherine

I agree that the tiki room if awful now, but it needed a change. I don't want to see Snow White go! I think it could use an update but not a replacement with something else! They could throw some AA's in and some more realistic trees( the forest part), but it definantly should stay!

Jekyll

Originally posted by Katherine
I agree that the tiki room if awful now, but it needed a change. I don't want to see Snow White go! I think it could use an update but not a replacement with something else! They could throw some AA's in and some more realistic trees( the forest part), but it definantly should stay!

It was update only a few years ago...How much more can they change it?

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Sweetums-
You guessed it! I will only be happy when all the Old Disney rides have been replaced!
In the 60's I wanted to build a mall on the land that is now known as Walt Disney World, but Walt and his scheming brother Roy bought all the land. I thought if I could convince all of you to replace the old rides, then Disney World would go out of business and the company could sell the land to me! I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids! Keep the park old and stale! I'll be back!........I have to go the nurse is calling me.........

dreamer

If you're gonna replace snow white, replace it with something that's classic Disney. Not the latest film at the box office. Something that's been around and is established in everyone's mind as true Disney.

Please never, never, never take Peter Pan away, though.

Pepper

Thanks Jungle Jim for the laughs

Originally posted by JungleJim

You guessed it! I will only be happy when all the Old Disney rides have been replaced!
In the 60's I wanted to build a mall on the land that is now known as Walt Disney World, but Walt and his scheming brother Roy bought all the land. I thought if I could convince all of you to replace the old rides, then Disney World would go out of business and the company could sell the land to me! I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids! Keep the park old and stale! I'll be back!........I have to go the nurse is calling me.........

That had me rolling :lol: . Thanks for the laughs. I agree that Disney needs atleast some revamping on older rides. I love Snow White, but how could it hurt for them to rehab it into the 21st century. At least a face lift. Also, if the lagoon is holding up the wall support, then why can't Disney use the lagoon for another water ride, like the cool one at Disney Seas in Toyko. Would love to see them do SOMETHING with the space besides just letting it sit there.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You have to bare in mind that people are attracted from across the globe to this vision displayed in advertising. Some things are ireplaceable, despite them being totally cack, because all these kiddies have seen this or that and they want to ride it big time.

If something is going stale refresh it, but for the sake of smaller Qs lets have some additional atractions before we rip up anything else.

cruiseman

Although she is the first princess I would say take her out. Ive never forgiven that wicked witch for scaring me with that boulder when i was a kid

kaos

Re: Thanks Jungle Jim for the laughs

Originally posted by Pepper
Also, if the lagoon is holding up the wall support, then why can't Disney use the lagoon for another water ride, like the cool one at Disney Seas in Toyko. Would love to see them do SOMETHING with the space besides just letting it sit there.

The reason that the attraction was closed was because the soundstage is in such disrepair that it could not even support the movement of the subs over it. I have a feeling that had this building not been built over a utilidor section that a new attraction would have been installed immediately, or even that the subs would still be churning their ways throught the magical realm of underground volcanoes and giant squids.

However, if the building is drained, the walls would implode and the utilidor would be flooded. The only way to safely take down this building is to physically CLOSE the MK for at least a week, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
How come the people who are most against change have avatars that have feature new attractions that replaced old ones??

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by sandjhooker

Cack? You'll need to explain that one in "Americanese" for me.:confused: :confused:

Cack = waste matter usually faecal.
Or the verb, to cack, as in " I cacked my pants on TOT".

Hope this helps:D

Sweetums

Originally posted by JungleJim
How come the people who are most against change have avatars that have feature new attractions that replaced old ones??

How come the person who claims everything is "stale" has an avatar of an attraction that's been around since 1971?

Ooooooh, I got ya good that time!!!

:cool: <-----me

BNCordeiro

I think that WDW needs to leave things like Snow White and the Jungle Cruise alone. I love them both. it was a shame that they gutted Mr. Toad!

Instead of destroying the classics, they need to create new. Of course I have no idea of the available expansion space in MK, but well...I can always hope that the destroyed attractions like Horizons and the original Journey into Imagination can come back in a 5th park (okay, that's my dream...it will & probably can never happen, but I'd like to keep that little flicker of hope alive.)

Like I told a CM once...how can you expect an attraction to be popular when the movie hasn't seen the light of day in ages (this was a little before the VHS release of Wind in the Willows). Sure, Splash Mountain works because.....it's a big ol' flume ride with tons of AA....it's hard to screw that up. But well, who's ever heard of Uncle Remus nowadays?

How many children still have never heard of Mr. Toad. btw - I love the corney Jungle jokes. If they want to tear something down, tear down the Swiss Family Treehouse, imho...but even that I'd rather stay than go.

conntom

Snow White should stay just like COP it is a idea that Walt
had some hand on if you keep taken down rides Walt built
or had a hand on it wont be Disney World any more:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom