Bye Snow White

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
What about Mickey Mania, The 25th Anniversary Parade, Mulan, Toy Story, the list goes on and on. The Magic Kingdom has had at least 4 in the last 10 years. Disney/MGM has had more than that. The night time parades seem to last longer, but even they change. In 30 years there has been at least 3 that I know of.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by YankeeFan

To be blunt, Jungle Cruise is one of the worst piece-of-crap, waste-of-time attractions in all of WDW and needs to go. It's awful. It has the worst animatronics in the World and some of the lamest, most un-amusing CMs in any attraction. Give me torch and a wrecking ball and it would disappear in no time.

whatever...:snore:

JoeZerboy

Originally posted by JungleJim
What if they put in a Disney Princess Ride?? I just hate to see the park go stale with 30 year old rides. Walt didn't want the park to stay the same forever! Now that they have a Animal Kingdom is the Jungle Cruise necessary? Do you know how much land that attraction takes up??

Just to make a point using an extreme example...what if WDW also took out other "stale" 30 year old attractions, like maybe, It's a Small World...or maybe Peter Pan's Flight...or what about Haunted Mansion...or the carousel...or the entirety of Tom Sawyer's island...or heck, why even stop there...take out that old railroad that circles the MK that really doesn't go anywhere - I mean, how many times can you go around in a circle and it not get "stale".

Why stop with just ones that are 30 years old?? Why not also go after the 20 year old attractions?? Then the vast majority of EPCOT would be in need of a facelift to keep from being "stale"...

Again...this is an extreme example. I do not want to see any of these attractions leave unless there is a sound reason for them to. I grew up on going to WDW...first visit was when I was 4 and I'm 34 now...

At this rate...if the park keeps changing, how can I share MY memories of the park and attractions with the generation to follow me? Granted, I probably won't have any kids of my own, but I do have a neice who is 4 right now...and I can't watch her eyes glaze over in amazement with the MSEP like I did when I was under 10...

Just a thought about how far your "idea" could be taken. Just remember to be careful what you ask for...for you may get your wish, in spades.

Joe

kaos

What about Mickey Mania, The 25th Anniversary Parade, Mulan, Toy Story, the list goes on and on. The Magic Kingdom has had at least 4 in the last 10 years. Disney/MGM has had more than that. The night time parades seem to last longer, but even they change. In 30 years there has been at least 3 that I know of.

Mickey Mania ran for 4 years, the 25th Anniversary Parade turned into the Magical Moments parade...

You got me on the other ones... So some get recycled though. The floats get reused...

MGM does seem to change their parades with the newest movies, but those parades kinda are cheap anyways... very few floats and lots of things that get stuck in other parades and reused.

PuertoRekinSam

yeah it's time to recycle the magic parade was my fav.

And does anyone else realize the Army men are driving around in the ninja turtle van?

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Funny

JOEZERBOY-
You make your points about how things should stay the same and yet your Avatar is the entrance to "NEW Tomorrowland"
:lol: :animwink:

JoeZerboy

Re: Funny

JOEZERBOY-
You make your points about how things should stay the same and yet your Avatar is the entrance to "NEW Tomorrowland"
:lol: :animwink:

It was the only avatar that caught my eye when I signed on...

Unlike others on here...I'm not as creative with making original avatars...but if others are willing to volunteer, I'd be happy to learn.

Anyways...I bet ya that isn't the original sign for the Jungle Cruise... ;)

----
Note: Now showing new avatar while waiting to arrange for something cybercool. ;)

SpongeScott

I'm 41 years old, have been to MK over 25 times and have NEVER ridden Snow White, but plan to next month. One reason is that the dang line is always so long. No way will or should they pull that ride--way too popular.

cymbaldiva

Re: Re: Funny

Originally posted by JoeZerboy

It was the only avatar that caught my eye when I signed on...

Unlike others on here...I'm not as creative with making original avatars...but if others are willing to volunteer, I'd be happy to learn.

Anyways...I bet ya that isn't the original sign for the Jungle Cruise... ;)

I feel your pain - really! The only reason I have my avatar (and it's pretty kewl! :cool: ) is because a friend made it for me...I have no clue as to how to create such things! :)

cymbaldiva

Joe- ask turbogames to make you a new avatar. He is very nice about doing it if he has the time.:)

That's exactly what I mean! People are really so nice here...a friend I didn't even know I had made mine for me :) I think what's the best thing about being here is that we can fuss but still all get along!

Sketch105

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
I dont think it was Walt who put in BTMRR.

Also, he replaced rides that were NEVER popular.

Snow White is. That is why it wont be replaced anytime soon.

It was not Walt. Walt died years before the Western River Expedition concept was unveiled, which lead to the creation of BTMRR, which was to be icing on an e-ticket cake. Instead, it was the only portion of the project that survived, according to Jim Hill.

I think Snow White will perservere through the years, most likely to be updated ala the 1983 Fantasyland rehab style with new technology. But thats only if it becomes too old to audiences. Now, while you may say "they certainly did not do that with Mr. Toad", let me remind you that Pooh, in Disney terms, is marketing magic. Mr. Toad is a very small property of the Walt Disney Company, and in some aspects he often forgotten as being part of the Disney character parade. While most of the characters are often trotted out in parades, new shows, and movies, Mr. Toad and Ichabod have become long forgotten players, except to us theme park connoisseurs . Snow White as a property is always being re-used however, and her existence as a dark ride is a tribute to the animated feature that brought the Disney company into prominence. As long as she is marketed, she will always exist.

I wish I could say the same for 20,000 Leagues, however.

Sketch105

Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
yeah it's time to recycle the magic parade was my fav.

And does anyone else realize the Army men are driving around in the ninja turtle van?

Really?? I've got to see this. got a pic?

By the way, they really should start making music that lasts through the parade, like MSEP. Nowadays, its the same minute and a half song looped over and over again.

Mr.MouseFan

Speaking of 20,000 leagues, instead of ripping out Snow White (even though I don't care for the ride), why don't they just empty the lagoon and fill it with dirt. That would add a HUGE amount of space in Fantasy land to build all kinds of new attractions. 20k is a prime piece of land and it baffles me as to why it just sits there unused.

mickeykid79

I must agree that the 20k under the sea property will be prime real estate for future Disney princess or current ones.What about the castle, i know it has a resturant inside but im sure it will make an excellent attraction, just like Tokyo's Cinderella's Mysterious tour. Snow white should stay, it just got upgraded a while back.
Pinochio(?) should have his own attraction, not just a resturant.

In previous sketches over at WDI, they had concepts of DUMBO's Circus, you ride a circus train into a BIG TOP where you'll find dumbo and his friends performing, it seem like a cute idea.

The subtraction of the lion king show was a good idea, it wasn't in the right land, it belongs in aventureland or AK, not fantasyland.

Althought the french may have inspired Disney to tear down the old skylift in tomorrowland to make way for an attraction that feature 20k leag. under the sea.Overheard at WDI,rumored of cousre, that the attraction will be a walk throught just like in DLP.

JoeZerboy

turbogames

JungleJim & CymbalDiva --

Thanks for the heads up about TurboGames...will give him a shout and see if he's up for the challenge. LOL ;)

Joe

Sweetums

Jungle Jim=Evil

Hey, Jungle Jim! Why you wanna always be sayin' "goodbye" to everything? Last week, you wanted to get rid of Ellen, now you want to get rid of Snow White. Well, heck, why don't we just tear down the whole dang park??? Is that what you want?? Where will your evil scheming stop??? :p

Jekyll

Due to the Structure the water is actually holding up the walls of 20,000 leagues if it is to be removed that would cause the whole lagoon to colapse.

Originally posted by Mr.MouseFan
Speaking of 20,000 leagues, instead of ripping out Snow White (even though I don't care for the ride), why don't they just empty the lagoon and fill it with dirt. That would add a HUGE amount of space in Fantasy land to build all kinds of new attractions. 20k is a prime piece of land and it baffles me as to why it just sits there unused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom