Bring back Horizons

Andy Walker

Original Poster
I know you can't go backwards but does anyone else agree that (a new version of ) Horizons should be brought back? You've only to look through these pages to realize the affection with which the old ride was held and how much it's missed.
The show's concept is still very fresh and relevant and with today's animatronics and other technologies available surely something spectacular could be done.As for a pavilion to house it in there are two obvious choices-either next door to it's old site in the semi-redundant Wonders Of Life Pavilion ( with Mission:Space next door it would provide a choice between gentle or wild ride through the cosmos) or alternatively, the Imagination Pavilion (sorry, Figment but the current show is B-O-R-I-N-G).
P.S while we are about it my wife would like to see World Of Motion back.

RoRo

I don't think that can be done...

They will not get rid of Imagination and getting rid of it would get complaints from the many people who love Figment.They would have to demolish the WoL building to put it there if it gets put in WoL.

Figment632

Hell no!!!!

Horizons is one of my alltime favorites but you don't destroy an existing pavillion in order to bring it back. If this is the case put it where WOL is.

EPCOTPluto

I still want Nova Cite to return as the final act in Carousel of Progress.

nova_cite_art.jpg
nova_cite_living_room.jpg

That would be the ultimate futuristic Act IV compared to the current. :cool:

MK%20Connie%20Dusty%20Jessica%20John%20Lori%20Scott%20Shana%2012-26-2006%20194.jpg

Or even the '60s version.

Carousel-of-Progress-web.jpg

SirNim

Patience. Just wait for the sinkhole to swallow Mission: SPACE and then we can start all over again with a new Horizons... :lookaroun

NMBC1993

Oh how I wish it could be done. Horizons was my favorite attraction of all time. I remember when I was little my mother spent 15 minutes outside the Horizons entrance trying to tell me that the ride wasn't scary. Once I got on it, I was hooked. It would be great if they could bring it back but I there is no way that could happen. I know it was an expensive attraction to keep going and with today's generation they would have no interest in an attraction like Horizons (although I am the exception to that rule):D Oh well, atleast I have my Horizons ride audio to keep me going....it's always fun looking back at tomorrow:wave:

Oddysey

I think an attraction similar to Horizons is just what FW needs. Of course, the orignal cannot come back, and it shouldn't. However, a modern attraction with a similar premise would definitley suffice. Maybe call it New Horizons, Horizons 2.0, or just change the name altogether, but keep the ideals similar.

figgyfan

I would love to see any of the old classics brought back. I have always thought that a fifth gate could be a nostalgia park....:shrug:

Enchantâmes

I know you can't go backwards but does anyone else agree that (a new version of ) Horizons should be brought back? You've only to look through these pages to realize the affection with which the old ride was held and how much it's missed.
The show's concept is still very fresh and relevant and with today's animatronics and other technologies available surely something spectacular could be done.As for a pavilion to house it in there are two obvious choices-either next door to it's old site in the semi-redundant Wonders Of Life Pavilion ( with Mission:Space next door it would provide a choice between gentle or wild ride through the cosmos) or alternatively, the Imagination Pavilion (sorry, Figment but the current show is B-O-R-I-N-G).
P.S while we are about it my wife would like to see World Of Motion back.
Anything to do with demolishing Imagination screams bad idea. You do realize when they closed the original ride, the public and fans caused a living Hell consisting of letters, complaints, boycotts, and online protests.

EPCOT Explorer

If only it were that easy....:rolleyes::lol:

I still want Nova Cite to return as the final act in Carousel of Progress.

nova_cite_art.jpg
nova_cite_living_room.jpg

That would be the ultimate futuristic Act IV compared to the current. :cool:

MK%20Connie%20Dusty%20Jessica%20John%20Lori%20Scott%20Shana%2012-26-2006%20194.jpg

Or even the '60s version.

Carousel-of-Progress-web.jpg
See, now THAT would work! Nice nod to both attractions as they are linked.;)
Patience. Just wait for the sinkhole to swallow Mission: SPACE and then we can start all over again with a new Horizons... :lookaroun
Heh!:lol:

Tinkyroo

I say bring them all back. I miss all of them: Horizons, Motion and the original JII. And while they are at it the original El Rio del Tiempo too. I also have wonderful memories as a kid growing up at WDW riding these rides. Even as a child I saw the ultimate talent and creativity that went into making them. I SO wanted to be an imagineer to keep creating rides like those. It makes me sad that we have MS instead of Horizons. :(

rkelly42

I would agree to put Horizons where the WoL pavilion is now. For the most part it is just sitting there doing now good. Also I agree with bringing back the original JII and also the original SSE. But alas I think we will see them now more.:cry:

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
I would love to see an updated version come back. If it were to ever happen I think the best spot for it would be where Odyssey is now.

Sadly, I don't ever see it happening though.:cry:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Bringing back old attractions that have been destroyed, even with an updated message, isnt moving forward and progressing.

Doing so is cheating the audience of something they have never experienced. Something new, fresh. Horizons was alive for 16 years and has been gone for 10. I think it lived a nice life.

If the building was still there... ok, gut and redo but it is silly to underestimate the creative genius of Disney and rehash something they already did.

sorry. Just MHO.
I would suggest you buy the nostalgic DVD's of the 2 attractions. They are done quite well i hear. Again, wait times for TT says it all. It is helping FW stay alive if you like the current attraction or not.

Astro_Digital

What about people that never seen Horizons, or are too young to remember it?

It be new for them.

Horizons 2.0 will never happen but dreaming is ok.

EPCOT Explorer

Bringing back old attractions that have been destroyed, even with an updated message, isnt moving forward and progressing.

Doing so is cheating the audience of something they have never experienced. Something new, fresh. Horizons was alive for 16 years and has been gone for 10. I think it lived a nice life.

If the building was still there... ok, gut and redo but it is silly to underestimate the creative genius of Disney and rehash something they already did.

sorry. Just MHO.
I would suggest you buy the nostalgic DVD's of the 2 attractions. They are done quite well i hear. Again, wait times for TT says it all. It is helping FW stay alive if you like the current attraction or not.

Journeys in Space would have looked awesome in the Horizons building...:(:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom