Bring back Horizons

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
What about people that never seen Horizons, or are too young to remember it?

It be new for them.

Horizons 2.0 will never happen but dreaming is ok.
Lol

sorry, but I just don't feel that spend 100 million on some for a generation that missed out is reasonable.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Horizons very much. Loved it.

Journeys in Space would have looked awesome in the Horizons building...:(:eek:
With todays building technology, I'd like it in a new building.

Unomas

I loved Horizons as well. I only got to see it once before it was taken out. It was my first Disney trip in 1996. The next time I came back I think the whole pavilion had been shutdown. I watched that video on Youtube awhile ago where the whole ride was recorded. Just made me remember how unique that ride was. It was great break for your feet and the heat too.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
What about people that never seen Horizons, or are too young to remember it?

What about the people who have never been on Mission: Space? Change happens, whether you want it to or not.
I think that kids today don't want Horizons, anyways, sadly enough. They want to laugh or to be thrilled. Kids today have higher expectations, and won't be as thrilled by the ride as you were.
Sad, but generally true.

Astro_Digital

Horizon is good.
Mission Space is not so good.

I think when and if Mission Space ever goes I would not miss it.
With WDW it is hit a miss, Horizons lasted 10 years but still got attractions around never changing, Mission Space may never go a way but if it does it is no loss to me.

People on boards like this tend to think the majority of people go to WDW year after year and need something new.

..... just because the do.

Me it has been over a year since I went to Epcot and I do not miss it. The Modern attractions are all the same as far as I can tell.

Mission Space, 45 minute wait just to get spun on a 2 minute attraction.
Test Track, 45 minute ride just to go on a 2 minute attraction with the big final lie going a whole 60MPH.

And Please Boring.... I mean Soaring. Wait an hour just to sit on a swing and watch an IMAX film for 2 minutes.

So OK New is good .... and WDW lost me.

preludevtec01

What about the people who have never been on Mission: Space? Change happens, whether you want it to or not.
I think that kids today don't want Horizons, anyways, sadly enough. They want to laugh or to be thrilled. Kids today have higher expectations, and won't be as thrilled by the ride as you were.
Sad, but generally true.

This is full of so much truth! Horizons is my all time favorite ride but times have changed :(

worldfanatic

Me it has been over a year since I went to Epcot and I do not miss it. The Modern attractions are all the same as far as I can tell.

Mission Space, 45 minute wait just to get spun on a 2 minute attraction.
Test Track, 45 minute ride just to go on a 2 minute attraction with the big final lie going a whole 60MPH.

And Please Boring.... I mean Soaring. Wait an hour just to sit on a swing and watch an IMAX film for 2 minutes.

So OK New is good .... and WDW lost me.

Sounds like your a tough one to please.

Disney better get smart and develop a ride where you wait 2 minutes to get on, and then get a 45 minute-1 hour ride.(nothing modern, just ancient technology)

That would work, right?

If as you say, WDW has lost you............................good riddance.

krankenstein

Slsafsdfside1-1.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Mission:Space isn't a carnie simulator....it's a carnie simulator with playstation graphics and barf bags

yeah, lovely.

I think bringing back a new Horizons would be overwhelmingly positive for Disney IF it is designed with the same care, ideals and investment that the original had.

However if there was a new Horizons ride...I have a feeling what would happen...SOME people would complain that it just isn't the same and that the feel of the original is ruined, etc. etc. etc.

Sad but I bet it would happen.

Either way, I would still like to see it. It was SO MUCH MORE inspirational than Mission:Space

EPCOT Explorer

Mission:Space isn't a carnie simulator....it's a carnie simulator with playstation graphics and barf bags

yeah, lovely.

I think bringing back a new Horizons would be overwhelmingly positive for Disney IF it is designed with the same care, ideals and investment that the original had.

However if there was a new Horizons ride...I have a feeling what would happen...SOME people would complain that it just isn't the same and that the feel of the original is ruined, etc. etc. etc.

Sad but I bet it would happen.

Either way, I would still like to see it. It was SO MUCH MORE inspirational than Mission:Space

It could have been easily infused with SSE and it's new theme in 2007.

Century3/FutureProbe was originally slanted to History LIKE SSE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom