Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

RSoxNo1

Well, it's about time a thread with this title pops up. :animwink:

Remember back when I threatened to call "shenanigans" on this whole deal...

Nevermind....:D

Disclaimer: Not saying it is going to happen. Just saying that enough new information has come to light to confirm that there is such a potential project at some form of development. May never go anywhere beyond blue sky and some meetings with some Brazillian folks.

Are we talking large pavilion (read: ride) or smaller pavilion (read: no ride)?

SirNim

Are we talking large pavilion (read: ride) or smaller pavilion (read: no ride)?
:lol: Mexico has Panchito's "Gran Fiesta Tour" — Brasil should get José Carioca's "Grande Festa Tour."

Just substitute Brasilian scenery for Mexican scenery.

njDizFan

What's the difference between the blue plots and the red?

Also, are the small red plots actually large enough for a pavillion?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What's the difference between the blue plots and the red?

Also, are the small red plots actually large enough for a pavillion?
The large red blue plot is World Showplace, as is the smaller one which was originally part of the UK expansion area. Not that there isn`t place behind the UK for a limited addition...

The red plots are plenty big enough. The entire Switzerland showcase for example was to have gone between Italy and Germany.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As an aside, being an old preopening map, no one still hasn`t noticed the flag plaza at the entry nor Denmark in Norways place... :D

Rosso11

This actually makes perfect sense. Brazil is now spending over 1 trillion dollars preparing for the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympics in 2016. I'm sure they want to use this pavilion to help promote these two huge events along with promoting new tourists to visit the country. I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of a larger package the Disney Company as a whole, especially ESPN, is putting together with Brazil for the World Cup and the Olympics.

flavious27

This actually makes perfect sense. Brazil is now spending over 1 trillion dollars preparing for the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympics in 2016. I'm sure they want to use this pavilion to help promote these two huge events along with promoting new tourists to visit the country. I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of a larger package the Disney Company as a whole, especially ESPN, is putting together with Brazil for the the World Cup and the Olympics.

Well it matters if ESPN could be involved, NBC/Comcast has the rights in America for the Olympic tv rights.

aladdin2007

Virtually every pavilion was originally designed with a ride or attraction. What is finally built is often just half the story.

True, and its funny because essentially Norway has been the fullest completed pavilion built in terms of what it offered. It had one of everything: Ride, film, restaurant, store, gallery, bakery, playground. Still has it all minus the playground. Now if it had ended up being Denmark instead like originally planned......but I love my Norway :wave:

misterID

Remember back when I threatened to call "shenanigans" on this whole deal...

Nevermind....:D

Disclaimer: Not saying it is going to happen. Just saying that enough new information has come to light to confirm that there is such a potential project at some form of development. May never go anywhere beyond blue sky and some meetings with some Brazillian folks.

I was surprised by some people who are in the know weren't all that shocked at this story from the beginning. The ones I figured that would have instantly shot it down.

I'd still like to see the plussing to existing pavilions, like adding the Japan dark ride, but any addition is welcome. I just hope they don't skip the attraction on this pavilion.

lpereira

I looked at the folha website too. Nada. Im looking at other newspapers and getting nothing. I'm not as good in my portuguese as some people here but i only married into it. Im much better with my portuguese swear words. ;)
Has anyone ever considered disney might just be shopping the idea?

Eric.Marcotte

I hope this addition happens, but includes a ride. Also, has anyone ever heard a rumor about adding India? I'm pretty surprised that it never seems to come up as a rumor - would be a very logical addition, given that it comprises about 20% of the world's population.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm just thinking about Disney's lack of pavilion additions...

Consider the average cost to build a new restaurant/store...forgetting an attraction for a moment. Maybe $10 million (with all of the R&D, etc.)?

Was the issue the CM process in the old days when there weren't as many international CM's? I would think it's much easier to staff new pavilions since their CM program is global now.

So why else is there nothing new since 1988? Disney doesn't think they can advertise it to get more people to go to Epcot? Or is it that Disney has held on too long to outdated ideas of having large corporations/governments sponsoring these pavilions?

maryszhi

I hope what ever country they do there will be a thrill ride or two......
I hope its Brazil but if they would make a Brazil pavillion it would probably be in Animal Kingdom :( I think Greece or Ireland would be cool because they could easy make a coaster with such a tie in :) I also would love Spain or Austria....... I just wish they would announce the country asap <3

maryszhi

I was surprised by some people who are in the know weren't all that shocked at this story from the beginning. The ones I figured that would have instantly shot it down.

I'd still like to see the plussing to existing pavilions, like adding the Japan dark ride, but any addition is welcome. I just hope they don't skip the attraction on this pavilion.

I know if your going to add a pavillion make a ride with it. If your not add such to exisiting pavillions before you add another country....

aladdin2007

I'm just thinking about Disney's lack of pavilion additions...

Consider the average cost to build a new restaurant/store...forgetting an attraction for a moment. Maybe $10 million (with all of the R&D, etc.)?

Was the issue the CM process in the old days when there weren't as many international CM's? I would think it's much easier to staff new pavilions since their CM program is global now.

So why else is there nothing new since 1988? Disney doesn't think they can advertise it to get more people to go to Epcot? Or is it that Disney has held on too long to outdated ideas of having large corporations/governments sponsoring these pavilions?

I think one problem has been Disney has not backed down on what they demand for money. I think its time they reformat how some of this works, this is just one of the reasons why Norway ended their sponsorship a few years ago.
I think without a ride it would still cost way more than 10 million today, the original price tag on a pavilion was 55 million which has been stated by the original designers of world showcase in articles. And that was back in the 80s early 90s.

kisser_male

I looked at the folha website too. Nada. Im looking at other newspapers and getting nothing. I'm not as good in my portuguese as some people here but i only married into it. Im much better with my portuguese swear words. ;)
Has anyone ever considered disney might just be shopping the idea?

Again, I'm a Brazilian subscriber of Folha de São Paulo, the report was on the printed version of the newspaper and Monica Bergamo, the columnist, is usually well informed. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom