Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

redshoesrock

I know if your going to add a pavillion make a ride with it. If your not add such to exisiting pavillions before you add another country....

The problem is that current Epcot management is not interested in rides for World Showcase. They prefer to have WS as it is, which to them is an immense shopping and dining area, and keep the rides in the front in Future World.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Never got the chace to talk to our South America people at work on Friday, but it sounds like there is no longer a need. The article has been confirmed. We await confirmation from Disney that a new country will be added to EPCOT, but the article seems to be real.

I hope it works out. I look forward to it all.

WDWfanatic89

That's pretty cool. About time they add another country to World Showcase. Maybe Disney is making sure that everything is set in stone when it comes to announcing something. I'm sure we all remember the South Africa pavilion that was "coming" for 1983, but NEVER got built. They announced that on national television and it never happened. I'm sure they've learnt from their mistakes.

As great as EPCOT looks, its also just a little dated and in need of new or refurb'd attractions. Its so cool to see MK get the awesome treatment it deserves, but I'm sure EPCOT and hopefully HS are next on the list, specially HS as its just a big piece of dated 80s & 90s crap now. Glad Star Tours will bring new life into the park. It would be nice to see a Carsland or some type of Cars attraction brought into Pixar Place, but that rant is for another topic haha. :ROFLOL:

Cool report & I'm sure we all look forward to an official announcement from Disney when the time is right! :wave:

Prototype82

That's pretty cool. About time they add another country to World Showcase. Maybe Disney is making sure that everything is set in stone when it comes to announcing something. I'm sure we all remember the South Africa pavilion that was "coming" for 1983, but NEVER got built. They announced that on national television and it never happened. I'm sure they've learnt from their mistakes.
They've been given enough complaints about their broken Rhine River Cruise promises. :cry: I'm sure they're intending to be cautious now.

bugsbunny

....we are three years away from the Pavillion opening up.

:ROFLOL: Surely you jest! More like 5 years, if at all. There is NO WAY this thing gets built anytime soon. There are so many other projects that are supposedly in the works that we still haven't seen any official news about. The only construction plans that continually surface at WDW are exclusively DVC related. Just what we need more of, over priced watered down real estate in a depressed economy on the verge of inflation.

And speaking of DVC (thread hijack!), wait to you see what happens now that Disney is not allowing you resell them privately with all the perks normally associated with the original membership. Did not that just go into effect? It make take a few years for this to rear its ugly head, but be prepared to sell back your DVC membership to Disney at pennies on the dollar if you ever want to unload it.

flavious27

They've been given enough complaints about their broken Rhine River Cruise promises. :cry: I'm sure they're intending to be cautious now.

Agreed, I think it is easier for disney's PR dept to only announce any projects until the financing is in place, the permits have been filed, and the contracts have been signed. It really isn't that magical to give guests false hopes about coming attractions.

flavious27

:ROFLOL: Surely you jest! More like 5 years, if at all. There is NO WAY this thing gets built anytime soon. There are so many other projects that are supposedly in the works that we still haven't seen any official news about. The only construction plans that continually surface at WDW are exclusively DVC related. Just what we need more of, over priced watered down real estate in a depressed economy on the verge of inflation.

And speaking of DVC (thread hijack!), wait to you see what happens now that Disney is not allowing you resell them privately with all the perks normally associated with the original membership. Did not that just go into effect? It make take a few years for this to rear its ugly head, but be prepared to sell back your DVC membership to Disney at pennies on the dollar if you ever want to unload it.

Well Disney has first rights to any DVC memberships being sold. As for the pennies on the dollar, if someone is selling their OKW membership, they are going to get back less than they originally paid 10 or 20 years ago because they have already used those years of the contract up.

I see the project's pass being dictated by who is paying for the majority of the pavilion. If the majority is coming from Brazilian interests, they will get this pavilion fast tracked.

aladdin2007

Well Disney has first rights to any DVC memberships being sold. As for the pennies on the dollar, if someone is selling their OKW membership, they are going to get back less than they originally paid 10 or 20 years ago because they have already used those years of the contract up.

I see the project's pass being dictated by who is paying for the majority of the pavilion. If the majority is coming from Brazilian interests, they will get this pavilion fast tracked.

Exactly, if someone else is paying for it it doesnt matter what else is on the drawing board etc, it will get done. But not expecting anything soon.

aladdin2007

I don't care what country they add as long as it has a ride. Brazil could have some sort of rainforest adventure.

The original Costa Rica pavilion plans were to have a beautiful botanical glass greenhouse, maybe they could do something like that but with a boat ride through it. I believe the concept art for that by the way is in the newest Walt Disney Imagineering table book for those interested.

Slowjack

Equatorial Africa, not South Africa (it was going to represent most of the continent, not a particular country), but your point is valid. That was heavily promoted and looked like a done deal, but the only Africa we ever saw in Epcot was the word on a receipt at the Refreshment Outpost. Art for Switzerland was shown at the Ocala Welcome Center for years. Heck, Denmark was announced by Eisner at a shareholder's meeting--never happened. And when you consider that a wing of Pop Century began construction, even, before becoming something else, the earliest point at which a WDW project can be called 100%, for sure, going to happen, is when it opens.

PalisadesPkteer

OK, so if this does happen which plot in EPCOT would you put this?

On left side coming in from entrance. 1. Mexico: Boat ride, 2. Norway: Boat ride and movie, 3. China: Movie. And right side 1. Canada: movie, 2. France: movie.

Sounds like the right side could use the extra country with a ride included but with the outpost not being much to write home about wonder where the most likely plot would be?

aladdin2007

OK, so if this does happen which plot in EPCOT would you put this?

On left side coming in from entrance. 1. Mexico: Boat ride, 2. Norway: Boat ride and movie, 3. China: Movie. And right side 1. Canada: movie, 2. France: movie.

Sounds like the right side could use the extra country with a ride included but with the outpost not being much to write home about wonder where the most likely plot would be?

I would like to see it on the right side between Morocco and France (even though I always had that reserved for Russia in my world showcase dreams). But depending on what will be included with the pavilion, if it gets the greenlight, I have a feeling they will maybe go with one of the two spots next to the Outpost.

WDWHORT

This is just the Brazilian press blitzkrieging the United States a head of two of the planets biggest sporting events the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics. The press in Brazil is just to show the world its not a drug and poverty nation. Movies like Rio and this " leaked announcement" are just ways of trying to bring people to those events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom