Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

aladdin2007

I'm really hoping this isn't true. I'd much rather see them plussing the existing pavilions than diverting funds for a new pavilion. Plus, I've seen the new pavilion story pop up before and nothing happens. Even the ones mentioned in newspapers :lookaroun

I really hope the Iger-visiting WDW and not being happy at what he saw-story is true and some big changes are on the way.

While its nice when they plus what is there, world showcase is way way overdue for a new pavilion/new attraction. They have done alot of plussing as it is with updated movies and dining and stores in several of the pavilions. Its been over twenty years and high time for a brand new landscape to rise on the shores of world showcase lagoon. Hopefully Iger saw Imagination and hurled, but I doubt he cares really.

aladdin2007

Remember back when I threatened to call "shenanigans" on this whole deal...

Nevermind....:D

Disclaimer: Not saying it is going to happen. Just saying that enough new information has come to light to confirm that there is such a potential project at some form of development. May never go anywhere beyond blue sky and some meetings with some Brazillian folks.

I caramba!!!! wow. Thats certainly further than the rumors in the past, but didnt that same scenario happen with Spain?

flavious27

While its nice when they plus what is there, world showcase is way way overdue for a new pavilion/new attraction. They have done alot of plussing as it is with updated movies and dining and stores in several of the pavilions. Its been over twenty years and high time for a brand new landscape to rise on the shores of world showcase lagoon. Hopefully Iger saw Imagination and hurled, but I doubt he cares really.

I really don't know if any of us really know if he cares or not, we can only hope that he does.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Why does disney make new things before they fix what's already horrible? Does it really take a fire for Disney to notice how bad a ride is? :shrug:

Other than that, I'm all for it!

UrbanDonovan

I'm interested to see how Disney plays this, if this hypothetical pavilion actually comes to fruition (not gonna hold my breath). Christ the Redeemer would be the logical choice for the pavilion's icon, but Disney wouldn't even put up authentic Buddhist prayer flags around Everest for fear that someone would be offended. And those are something that 99.9% of the paying public would have no idea of what they were looking at. The majority of guests would've just thought to themselves, "Oh, look at the pretty, colorful flags with writing on them. How nice." I myself had no idea what those flags really were supposed to be until I recently read Into Thin Air.

But now we're talking one of the most recognizable religious icons on the planet. But maybe EPCOT is a different animal altogether. They still have the Candlelight Processional, and as another post stated earlier in this thread, several of the pavilions already have religious iconography. Hopefully, someday in the near future, we shall discover what Disney has up it's sleeve. But, I'll believe it when I see it.

NoChesterHester

After Raven and Lee's posts I am shocked this thread hasn't exploded more.

Exciting. I wish I knew more about Brazil. Good reason to research. Vast country. Lots of variety. Great food.

Thematically, doesn't it belong close to Mexico? Is there a pad on that side?

NoChesterHester

Remember back when I threatened to call "shenanigans" on this whole deal...

Nevermind....:D

Capt: I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that uses the word "shenanigans."

Mac: Hey Farva what is the name of that restaurant you like with all the wacky stuff of the walls?

Farva: You mean Shenanigans?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes there is room for 6 more countries roughly.
I`ll bring up the plan again.

attachment.php

Just incase there is need for a plot for another South American pavilion ;)

aladdin2007

After Raven and Lee's posts I am shocked this thread hasn't exploded more.

Exciting. I wish I knew more about Brazil. Good reason to research. Vast country. Lots of variety. Great food.

Thematically, doesn't it belong close to Mexico? Is there a pad on that side?

Yes there is a pad between Mexico and Norway, as shown in Martins great little map above.

Prototype82

Wasn't someone claiming that a pavillion would have to be removed to make way for a new one?? :shrug:

Like possibly Morrocco ... :cry:

I would cry. But really, of the two countries that have sponsored pavilions at Epcot, Morocco has been the only one to stay strong. There's no way she's out of backing up her beautiful pavilion. Morocco lives off of global affairs and making herself known.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom