Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

NoChesterHester

I posted earlier in the thread an image from Google Maps showing where a new Epcot pavilion would go, Brazil or otherwise. Here's where it would go; as you can see, there's plenty of room for a large ride if they chose to go that route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hq=http:%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fhelp%2Fmaps%2Ftour%2Fmapleft.kml&ie=UTF8&ll=28.368486,-81.545629&spn=0.002738,0.004823&t=h&z=18

I belive Raven posted before that the expansion pad you are referencing in your post was actually not slated for expansion due to the hazardous materials and other infastructure in place in that area.

There is also a pad between Morocco and Japan if memory serves me correctly.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I belive Raven posted before that the expansion pad you are referencing in your post was actually not slated for expansion due to the hazardous materials and other infastructure in place in that area.

There is also a pad between Morocco and Japan if memory serves me correctly.
There are actually several expansion pads in WS. Enough room for up to 6-7 more countries if I am not mistaken.

juniorthomas

They haven't in the past, norway and morocco were opened years apart. I think that it would be a wait and see with different groups seeing what the reception would be like.

But think of the fanfare you'd get with opening up two or three new countries in Epcot. In addition to easing the flow of traffic that would gravitate to the one new country, it would be big press.

flavious27

But think of the fanfare you'd get with opening up two or three new countries in Epcot. In addition to easing the flow of traffic that would gravitate to the one new country, it would be big press.

true, well only dinsey will be the one to decide it. hopefully the countries have friendly relations with each other.

majortom1981

cool

i would love if this rumor was true. i went to a place inboca raton called the brazillian tropicana. It was a brazillian steak house with a show. It would fit perfectly in epcot.

I do not see this happening though unless brazil is helping to fund it.

kisser_male

I just spent a few minutes poking around the Folha website, and I couldn't find any report that resembles this. Nothing on EPCOT, or Disney, or World Showcase, or anything like that, which talks about adding Brazil to World Showcase.

I could be totally wrong, but other than the Inside the Magic report, and the photo of the article, and references to these, I don't see anything on the Brazilian new websites, including Folha. It could be that news in Brazil isn't as viral as here, and minor print news like this isn't put on their website.

Has anyone else been able to locate the actual original Folha article? Am I just missing it? I would love to see World Showcase expanded...but I am worried we are all being taken with a photo of a fake article.

The article is there, but it's on the subscriber's part of the site. I just read the paper itself. The news is there (if it's going to happen, it's a whole another story)

Disneyfan1981

Hmmmm...winky eye......:D

It would be exciting to get a new country into EPCOT but you'd think with something like Brazil they'd be looking at a section of DAK for it and really go all out with Amazonian plants, themed ride, animals of the region.

Even though the rumor was debunked that winky eye should stir the pot again...

Lee

Adventurer
Remember back when I threatened to call "shenanigans" on this whole deal...

Nevermind....:D

Disclaimer: Not saying it is going to happen. Just saying that enough new information has come to light to confirm that there is such a potential project at some form of development. May never go anywhere beyond blue sky and some meetings with some Brazillian folks.

flavious27

Hmmmm...winky eye......:D

It would be exciting to get a new country into EPCOT but you'd think with something like Brazil they'd be looking at a section of DAK for it and really go all out with Amazonian plants, themed ride, animals of the region.

Even though the rumor was debunked that winky eye should stir the pot again...

Doesn't mean it won't happen. I think that a South American section will be more than just brazil, chile would also be involved.

flavious27

Remember back when I threatened to call "shenanigans" on this whole deal...

Nevermind....:D

Disclaimer: Not saying it is going to happen. Just saying that enough new information has come to light to confirm that there is such a potential project at some form of development. May never go anywhere beyond blue sky and some meetings with some Brazillian folks.

If it does, I'll invite a couple of you chow down on some steak, my treat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom