Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

aladdin2007

This is just the Brazilian press blitzkrieging the United States a head of two of the planets biggest sporting events the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics. The press in Brazil is just to show the world its not a drug and poverty nation. Movies like Rio and this " leaked announcement" are just ways of trying to bring people to those events.

Maybe, but Raven and Lee have said it is a little more sturdy than that. Of course it could all fall through. But sounds like Disney is involved at least in talks and plans drawn up.

Enchantâmes

I severly hope they add a South American country to World Showcase, and eventually Australia. I mean how can you have a World Showcase with 2 missing continents? :lookaroun

kisser_male

Any chance you can scan it and then post it?

The post on the online version of the newspaper goes like this:

BRAZIL IN AMERICA
Brazil managed to seat at a large international "forum": Disney. Representatives of the largest complex of theme parks in the world have sought the federal government this week to announce that they will install a pavillion of Brazil at Epcot Center in Orlando (USA). The country will rank with nations like USA, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Canada.

STUFFING
Two ministers will assemble teams to help in that effort: Helena Chagas, from the Secom (Secretariat for Social Communication), and Fernando Pimentel, from Development. They will provide information on Brazil to help the park build the pavillion. The government forecast is for a big comeback in tourism.

For those who speak Portuguese, the original text says:

O BRASIL NA AMÉRICA
O Brasil conseguiu assento num grande "fórum" internacional: a Disney. Representantes do maior complexo de parques temáticos do mundo procuraram o governo federal nesta semana para comunicar que vão instalar um pavilhão do Brasil no Epcot Center, em Orlando (EUA). O país figurará ao lado de nações como EUA, China, França, Alemanha, Itália, México e Canadá.

RECHEIO
Dois ministros vão escalar equipes para ajudar na empreitada: Helena Chagas, da Secom (Secretaria de Comunicação Social), e Fernando Pimentel, do Desenvolvimento. Eles vão fornecer informações sobre o Brasil para ajudar o parque a erguer o pavilhão. A expectativa do governo é de um grande retorno na área do turismo.

:D

Mansion Butler

Would it really be too much to do the region at Disney's Animal Kingdom and just Australia in World Showcase? One focused on animals and nature, the other on human accomplishments and culture.
Not necessarily, but I think they could do both in DAK, and unless they're willing to do it both places, I'll take a DAK continent over a World Showcase pavilion (even though I think the latter is more necessary as far as my interests in the respective parks).

They could do Oceana in DAK and Australia in WS. Ooooh, polynesian stuff.

juniorthomas

Remember back when I threatened to call "shenanigans" on this whole deal...

Nevermind....:D

Disclaimer: Not saying it is going to happen. Just saying that enough new information has come to light to confirm that there is such a potential project at some form of development. May never go anywhere beyond blue sky and some meetings with some Brazillian folks.

Maybe its just an opportunity for some Disney brass to vacay in Brazil

juniorthomas

After Raven and Lee's posts I am shocked this thread hasn't exploded more.

Exciting. I wish I knew more about Brazil. Good reason to research. Vast country. Lots of variety. Great food.

Thematically, doesn't it belong close to Mexico? Is there a pad on that side?

Seriously. We have some weight on this forum now

juniorthomas

This actually makes perfect sense. Brazil is now spending over 1 trillion dollars preparing for the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympics in 2016. I'm sure they want to use this pavilion to help promote these two huge events along with promoting new tourists to visit the country. I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of a larger package the Disney Company as a whole, especially ESPN, is putting together with Brazil for the World Cup and the Olympics.

I don't know. I think they'd do it for tourism more than for those two, very well known events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom