Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

bjlc57

if its just a restaurant and no ride, they might as well stay home.. If I really wanted Brazelaen food, I would go to an ethnic restaurant.. Epcot needs more rides and not more food.. cute girls or not.. if its a surround view of Brazil I can watch that on the internet..

sorry..but its total attractions and not another food stand that's needed.

if you are going to make an impact do it right , or don't do it at all ..

if its another tease.. or a cut the corners bean counter , come and have a restaurant for the eliete clients, I am not interested..

I am not an eliete client.. and I want to See the Board stop sitting on their hands.. and start rolling up their sleeves..

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
They could also set up a courtroom, where people will be arbitrarily jailed for various lengths of time.

Can we expect the Mexican pavilion to be re-themed to a shooting arcade with laser guns fitted to the boats so you could hit the other drug cartels? Or perhaps the Uk Pavillion could employ some 18 year old strumpets in short skirts to stagger around. throwing up to add authenticity

maxairmike

I would just like to reiterate something important to the discussion: Brazil already has a Food and Wine booth. It was right next to Argentina last year near World Showcase Plaza. This would not be for a new F&W pavilion for Brazil unless it is a feature experience.

ChrisM

I didn't realize there were so few locations. Whenever we have a nice chain in Indy, I assume there are at least 40 of them nationwide.

Don't get me wrong, the place is excellent (not even comparable to the highly overrated Ruth's Chris, which has suffered from over-expansion, in my opinion). It's a short walk from my office, so it makes the perfect spot for lunch meetings.

That said, I think a restaurant by the creators of FDC would be great, would I still wouldn't want a restaurant bearing the same name. It could be the exact same in cuisine, but give it some Disney touches and make the location really unique. I am sure the restaurateurs would be willing to do that, given the exposure they'd have at Disney. Best of both worlds.

I've never been to FDC for dinner (I'm told it's the same menu as lunch, just more expensive), but I don't see it being 3 TS credits. I think it fits squarely within the 2 category. If it were more than 2, I think it just wouldn't be on the DDP. EDIT: It looks like maybe you were talking about a Russian bar as a 3 TS restaurant. Nevermind this, in that case.

All of this, of course, assumes a lot. First they have to confirm the pavilion, and I'm not holding my breath on that!

If you've been to one churrascaria, you've pretty much been to them all. That said, it is a unique dining experience and one that a great many people probably haven't been exposed to. Such a restaurant would be a great addition to the WS.

As for Ruth's Chris, the only reason to ever go there is if you're intent on ordering a filet. They wet age their steaks (as opposed to the superior method of dry aging) but that means a lot less when dealing with a lean cut like a filet - if you're going to order a fattier cut, it's a must that you go to a dry aged establishment.

disneyeater

As for Ruth's Chris, the only reason to ever go there is if you're intent on ordering a filet. They wet age their steaks (as opposed to the superior method of dry aging) but that means a lot less when dealing with a lean cut like a filet - if you're going to order a fattier cut, it's a must that you go to a dry aged establishment.

Truth!

flavious27

I didn't realize there were so few locations. Whenever we have a nice chain in Indy, I assume there are at least 40 of them nationwide.

Don't get me wrong, the place is excellent (not even comparable to the highly overrated Ruth's Chris, which has suffered from over-expansion, in my opinion). It's a short walk from my office, so it makes the perfect spot for lunch meetings.

That said, I think a restaurant by the creators of FDC would be great, would I still wouldn't want a restaurant bearing the same name. It could be the exact same in cuisine, but give it some Disney touches and make the location really unique. I am sure the restaurateurs would be willing to do that, given the exposure they'd have at Disney. Best of both worlds.

I've never been to FDC for dinner (I'm told it's the same menu as lunch, just more expensive), but I don't see it being 3 TS credits. I think it fits squarely within the 2 category. If it were more than 2, I think it just wouldn't be on the DDP. EDIT: It looks like maybe you were talking about a Russian bar as a 3 TS restaurant. Nevermind this, in that case.

All of this, of course, assumes a lot. First they have to confirm the pavilion, and I'm not holding my breath on that!

Looking at the locations, some stick out but I assume that their marketing team knows what they are doing.

They could do a Something Something by Fogo De Chao as the name of the restaurant. I could see the investment company that owns a portion of FDC being a major sponsor of this pavilion.

juniorthomas

It would probably go between China and Germany, where The Outpost is and Equatorial Africa was once planned.

My guess is there'd be a movie (Amazon, beaches, Sugarloaf Mt. etc.) or (less likely) an Amazon-themed ride.

No idea what the pavilion would look like - there's not much from Brazil's history to go on, and nothing so distinctive from its present.

The only thing I can think of that screams Brazil would be the Christ the Redeemer statue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_the_Redeemer_(statue)), but I sincerely doubt they'll put a giant JC in the middle of Epcot. They could go all sacrilege like and make it a giant Mickey Mouse statue though...

juniorthomas

Can we expect the Mexican pavilion to be re-themed to a shooting arcade with laser guns fitted to the boats so you could hit the other drug cartels? Or perhaps the Uk Pavillion could employ some 18 year old strumpets in short skirts to stagger around. throwing up to add authenticity

Its all about authenticity. We really want to get the feel of those other countries.

flavious27

It would probably go between China and Germany, where The Outpost is and Equatorial Africa was once planned.

My guess is there'd be a movie (Amazon, beaches, Sugarloaf Mt. etc.) or (less likely) an Amazon-themed ride.

No idea what the pavilion would look like - there's not much from Brazil's history to go on, and nothing so distinctive from its present.

Could look like rio

flavious27

I would caution with the stereotypes, this thread could get closed out.

Prototype82

The only thing I can think of that screams Brazil would be the Christ the Redeemer statue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_the_Redeemer_(statue)), but I sincerely doubt they'll put a giant JC in the middle of Epcot. They could go all sacrilege like and make it a giant Mickey Mouse statue though...
You'd be surprised...Buddha is all over the China pavilion, Norway's gallery is inside of a church, Japan has a Shinto Torii gate and a Buddhist pagoda, Italy and Germany have statues of saints. I wouldn't be surprised if a replica of the statue sat upon a cliff using some convincing forced perspective. It's Brazil's "Eiffel Tower" after all.

misterID

I'm really hoping this isn't true. I'd much rather see them plussing the existing pavilions than diverting funds for a new pavilion. Plus, I've seen the new pavilion story pop up before and nothing happens. Even the ones mentioned in newspapers :lookaroun

I really hope the Iger-visiting WDW and not being happy at what he saw-story is true and some big changes are on the way.

RSoxNo1

I would caution with the stereotypes, this thread could get closed out.

You're right, we wouldn't want to mention the violent crimes committed by non-white people. It's not fair to judge a place like Mexico where crime is substantially higher than it is in the U.S. because they have different values.

Sure, this may not be the right venue for it, but people need to lighten up.

redshoesrock

Where would a Brazil pavilion go? Also, what would its main feature be? I guess its ride (if it has one) would be based on the amazon?

I posted earlier in the thread an image from Google Maps showing where a new Epcot pavilion would go, Brazil or otherwise. Here's where it would go; as you can see, there's plenty of room for a large ride if they chose to go that route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hq=http:%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fhelp%2Fmaps%2Ftour%2Fmapleft.kml&ie=UTF8&ll=28.368486,-81.545629&spn=0.002738,0.004823&t=h&z=18

notnothin

This please:

5d3b3871c47f837d602d7a316134b35c.jpg

fogo_de_chao.png.jpg

Oh yes, I absolutely love this place!

juniorthomas

You'd be surprised...Buddha is all over the China pavilion, Norway's gallery is inside of a church, Japan has a Shinto Torii gate and a Buddhist pagoda, Italy and Germany have statues of saints. I wouldn't be surprised if a replica of the statue sat upon a cliff using some convincing forced perspective. It's Brazil's "Eiffel Tower" after all.

Thats a very good point. Aside from the Amazon, the statue is the most visible marker of Brazil. They'd have to at least allude to it somehow.

juniorthomas

I posted earlier in the thread an image from Google Maps showing where a new Epcot pavilion would go, Brazil or otherwise. Here's where it would go; as you can see, there's plenty of room for a large ride if they chose to go that route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hq=http:%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fhelp%2Fmaps%2Ftour%2Fmapleft.kml&ie=UTF8&ll=28.368486,-81.545629&spn=0.002738,0.004823&t=h&z=18

This is very promising. Well done!

Sure some will say that a water themed ride would be too close to El Rio del Tiempo, but they could put a little more action into it and really mix it up. There is a lot of potential here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom