Body Wars Removed, WOL Closed Forever

JROK

I heard they're replacing WOL with some new "3D" or three dimensional space adventure directed by Francis Ford Coppola and Produced by George Lucas with special effects done by Industrial Light & Magic... It's going to be like 17 minutes long and cost about $17 milllion... It's supposed to be the most expensive film ever made according to cost per minute... I think it stars Michael Jackson too... I might be wrong but some CM told me it was called "Captain E.O." or something... idk... sounds cool especially with Lucas and Coppola doing it... :slurp:

Oh wait... this isn't 1982...

HoW

JROK said:
I heard they're replacing WOL with some new "3D" or three dimensional space adventure directed by Francis Ford Coppola and Produced by George Lucas with special effects done by Industrial Light & Magic... It's going to be like 17 minutes long and cost about $17 milllion... It's supposed to be the most expensive film ever made according to cost per minute... I think it stars Michael Jackson too... I might be wrong but some CM told me it was called "Captain E.O." or something... idk... sounds cool especially with Lucas and Coppola doing it... :slurp:

Oh wait... this isn't 1982...

That used to be my sisters favorite show. It's a shame really, because I don't think she was in MJs target audience...

kaos

I got it!!!

WOL should become a character meet and greet!!!!! wouldn't that just be perfect?? we could meet all of our favorite disney characters in person?? where else can we do that????

:eek:

jmvd20

kaos said:
I got it!!!

WOL should become a character meet and greet!!!!! wouldn't that just be perfect?? we could meet all of our favorite disney characters in person?? where else can we do that????

IMO that would be better than WoL, actually just about anything would be better than letting the vacant building sit there.

BenS

kaos said:
I got it!!!

Ugh, don't say that. With the way things are going the entire resort will be a huge meet and greet by 2014.

I like Ellen's Energy Adventure, mainly for nostalgia reasons. because Bill Nye was my favorite TV show back in the 90's. But all things have their time, and I always knew that the ride couldn't last. Bill Nye's show is long gone, and without knowing who he is, the ride doesn't really work.

As for WoL, I'll miss Cranium Command, but other than that I don't really mind.

poogy71

Don't kill me

But I'm glad that they decided to close Body Wars. It was too disgusting
I will be sad to see UoE and SSE being closed down
But this is the future world! It can stay on the past...they SHOULD rehab it
Even if it means that some rides will be closed

I think they they did a great job with both Food Rocks and TT

captainhook1974

to be honest..anytime I had gone on Body Wars..it was never a long line...I'm just excited to see what they put in..not a vomit machine like Mission Space hopefully

CJR

I'm not sure where I heard this, but I figured I would toss it out anyway. I heard that Imagineering is working (Or worked) on a concept for WoL that had both Cranium Command and Making of Me still in it. The main and big change was a new ride was replacing Body Wars. However Buzzy would still be there. The way I remember it being described was the whole pavilion would be revamped, but they would manage to save both Making of Me and Cranium Command (I don't remember it being mentioned if they'd be updated or not). Once again, take it as a grain of salt, but I thought I'd toss this out anyway.

Pete C

So, is StormRider ever going to come to WDW? Epcot is really the only place this ride could fit in WDW (or possibly Tomorrowland), and with the closing of a pavillion why not install a ride that already has the R&D completed and they know is a winner. I know it is yet another motion simulator, but I really think of Epcot being the place for rides like this. Perhaps with Soarin and MS they don't feel another sim is justifiable. There have been threads about a weather pavillion before, but it does seem like a good idea.

On a side note is there some sort of lock on Tokyo DisneySea rides that don't allow for cloning? I am just surprised that StormRider, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Sinbad, Pooh (their version), etc haven't really been rumored to be placed anywhere else. I mean there have been some rumors, but nothing substantial. Did the company that funded DisneySea have some say in that?

Magelet7

I like UoE, grrr...

Nothing beats Bill Nye the Science Guy! Bill! Bill! Bill! :kiss:

I remember the first time I went to WDW, I was afriad of UoE, and I refusedto get on, yea I was 8. I also was freaked out by Mr. Toad's Ended up crying in the fetal position. It was a good trip.

But never went into WoL, was hoping this next trip.

I guess not.

RedGear

captainhook1974 said:
to be honest..anytime I had gone on Body Wars..it was never a long line...I'm just excited to see what they put in..not a vomit machine like Mission Space hopefully

I agree! If they do put in another vomit machine, I think I might just vomit myself! I hope they don't do that, because I will never go on Mission Space again because some dude that rode with us ruined it for me by throwing up, :hurl: and then I almost lost it. I hope they put something nice and non-vomit inducing in. I would cry if they put another attraction like MS in! :cry:

poogy71

I agree. A vomit machine will ruin it.
I hope for something like the old epcot rides - like Horizons and WoM, which I never had the chance to see

Does anybody have an idea for the subject of the new ride?

ToTBellHop

poogy71 said:
I agree. A vomit machine will ruin it.
I hope for something like the old epcot rides - like Horizons and WoM, which I never had the chance to see

Does anybody have an idea for the subject of the new ride?
It OUGHT to be kept in the medical field--I'm shocked that they have not yet been able to get a sponsor--pharmaceuticals have VERY deep pockets and would probably only request that Disney sell their brand of OTC drugs at the parks (e.g. only sell Bayer aspirin). It could be like Disneyland's old InnerSpace for the modern world...MAGNIFICATION.

WDWGuide

Computer Magic said:
:wave:

I hope they keep the area Medical/healthcare related.

Very appropriate - they could turn it into a Mission: SPACE motion sickness recovery area, filled with information on why that ride could have made you sick :D

JROK

I say they replace UoE with the whole Weather theme... and really focus on Hurricanes and Tornados... For the 'big attraction' they could use a lot of the space there to have a ride vehicle and attraction similar to Indy in DL and Dinosaur at AK... It could be along the lines of the movie Twister where you're part of a team of storm chasers and you're in the hunt for the F5 Tornado. You load up in your truck with your team (complete with video screens on the dash to display live action characters as well as dopplar radar and various graphics) and go after the tornado... Various objects fly past you and all, dark ride style... lightning, thunder, wind, all the fun stuff... and at one point a house "lands in front of you" and you have to drive through it... I think it'd be exciting... should've been watch Universal did for Twister, had they had the room... but it could work at Disney and would be very exciting...

pax_65

WDWGuide said:
Very appropriate - they could turn it into a Mission: SPACE motion sickness recovery area, filled with information on why that ride could have made you sick :D

Sponsored by Pepto-Bismol.
:hurl:

CThaddeus

CJR said:
I'm not sure where I heard this, but I figured I would toss it out anyway. I heard that Imagineering is working (Or worked) on a concept for WoL that had both Cranium Command and Making of Me still in it. The main and big change was a new ride was replacing Body Wars. However Buzzy would still be there. The way I remember it being described was the whole pavilion would be revamped, but they would manage to save both Making of Me and Cranium Command (I don't remember it being mentioned if they'd be updated or not). Once again, take it as a grain of salt, but I thought I'd toss this out anyway.

As much as I hope this is true, I'm not holding my breath. I keep hoping as well that when I'm there next week - and Universe of Energy is closed for rehab - that they might, just might reopen Wonders of Life temporarily. I know it will most likely not happen, but a person can hope, can't they? I was so looking forward to seeing Buzzy in person again...

jmvd20

CThaddeus said:
Universe of Energy is closed for rehab

I just tried to find the thread that was in and couldn't. Does anyone know when UoE will be back in operation? With WoL closed and UoE down that whole area of the park will be dead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom