Body Found in Burning Car near Fantasia Mini-Golf (Epcot Resort Area)

PeakSeason

The story came out yesterday, and I’m pretty surprised that an update hasn’t happened yet. I’m sure they want to get facts as straight as they can before reporting, but it’s all pretty quiet on the news front
Agreed. I'm surprised that law enforcement hasn't at least made an initial press release by now. News stories always seem to develop more slowly on the weekend though.

Polydweller

Agreed. I'm surprised that law enforcement hasn't at least made an initial press release by now. News stories always seem to develop more slowly on the weekend though.
The one thing I haven’t seen reported in this thread is that homicide detectives are also involved in the investigation, at least according to WFTV tv and other Orlando media. May mean nothing other than ruling out homicide. But until they come to some conclusions we likely won’t hear anything.

s8film40

This is actually a huge misconception. They don't even have full coverage inside the parks, let alone all over property.
Most cameras are focused on the money. Sure they have a few in the parking lots, but it's fun to look up when you get to the register areas of the gift shops or the front desks of the hotels. The cameras aren't exactly hidden you can see where they are and aren't just most people never look for them.

slappy magoo

The one thing I haven’t seen reported in this thread is that homicide detectives are also involved in the investigation, at least according to WFTV tv and other Orlando media. May mean nothing other than ruling out homicide. But until they come to some conclusions we likely won’t hear anything.
Sure. If Homicide is involved any report could jeopardize the investigation, tip off suspects etc.

crxbrett

I'm wondering if the victim simply passed out due to being intoxicated, and was also smoking in the car(?) Though I can't imagine someone being so out of it to not feel when their vehicle is on fire. This is sad, but I'm not rushing to assume foul play until more details emerge.

Sadly, it does happen. Jack Cassidy died in that same manner many years ago.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Deleted because I didn't see mom's request not to post unless I had anything to add.

So I'll add this... I'm not a pathologist, and I don't play one on TV, but I'm guessing whoever passed away in this case (a) was already deceased before the car started burning, or (b) was overcome by smoke and toxic fumes well before the fire got to them.
icon_e_popcorn.gif

danlb_2000

Premium Member
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/b...disney-miniature-golf-course-rattles-visitors

"On Monday, News 6 asked sheriff’s deputies for the identity of the victim, an official cause of death, to whom the car was registered, the type of car involved and a possible motive. We also asked for any and all emergency dispatch calls.

In response the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said, "No new updates at this time. We will provide additional information as soon as it becomes available."

Goofyernmost

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/b...disney-miniature-golf-course-rattles-visitors

"On Monday, News 6 asked sheriff’s deputies for the identity of the victim, an official cause of death, to whom the car was registered, the type of car involved and a possible motive. We also asked for any and all emergency dispatch calls.

In response the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said, "No new updates at this time. We will provide additional information as soon as it becomes available."
That does seem to indicate something out of the ordinary was noticed, but, not sure. :grumpy:

TeriofTerror

I'm wondering if perhaps they are having difficulty notifying the next of kin, and don't want to release any details until they can do so. If so, I would completely understand.

WDW862

I'm wondering if perhaps they are having difficulty notifying the next of kin, and don't want to release any details until they can do so. If so, I would completely understand.

They're legally required to release details if requested, unless I'm misunderstanding the law.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom