News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

BrianLo

The reality is it would have benefited Comcast/peacock much more…
But they didn’t want to pay…so Brian Roberts - a far better CEO (who Roy Disney loved) than his crappy company- outmaneuvered Iger and got him to pay WAY too much.

It’s not said enough…the praetorians will slay anyone threatening emperor Bobustus 1…but it is true.

Sure, but then Brian Roberts also overpaid Disney to overtake Sky, something definitively they've admitted by writing down 9 billion dollars. The Fox acquisition still is indeterminate for DIS on the other hand.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Would everyone PLEASE STOP making me root FOR Iger!!!

Who's doing that?

awkward pulp fiction GIF

Sure, some are. They are also either unaware or ignorant that he was at the helm when many/most of the problems many point out around here started.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pffft.... those "assets" just need the MAGICAL!!! Disney retheme/reboot/reimagine treatment combined with some DEI checkboxes. Voila!
They should take over AMC and install lighting lane on their new “view based seating pricing model” 🙄

The idea that you pay more in a room with a screen because your view sucks less is straight outta central imagineering

CaptainAmerica

The idea that you pay more in a room with a screen because your view sucks less is straight outta central imagineering
Have you seen the auditorium maps? The surcharge is on basically every single seat.

They'd make people hate them less if they had just raised prices by $2 across the board and then offered a $2 discount for crappy seats and a $4 discount for really crappy seats.

Casper Gutman

Who's doing that?

awkward pulp fiction GIF

Sure, some are. They are also either unaware or ignorant that he was at the helm when many/most of the problems many point out around here
I don’t think I’m particularly subtle about my distaste for Iger and my loathing for what he did to the parks. But in Disney’s major ongoing conflicts with Peltz and with certain governmental entities, Iger is the lesser evil by many orders of magnitude and it’s very important that he triumph.

CaptainAmerica

But in Disney’s major ongoing conflicts with Peltz and with certain governmental entities, Iger is the lesser evil by many orders of magnitude and it’s very important that he triumph.
I think you're going to be severely disappointed.

Iger's core competency is not winning battles, it's in smoothing over relationships so he doesn't have to fight battles in the first place. He's not interested in "triumphing" over DeSantis, he's interested in appeasing DeSantis so that both sides have a victory to crow about on social media while maintaining the status quo in every tangible way.

ChrisM

No matter what role in life they play watching a master at work is always awe inspiring. When a craftsman performs it is music

Here's to $DIS $150 when Bob leaves.....

"A man can be an artist... in anything...food...whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom